Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My silver Mir-1 is a keeper.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: My silver Mir-1 is a keeper. Reply with quote

These are my first photos with Mir-1B (silver barrel, M39 mount, Grand Prix Brussels 1958). They are nothing special but I still like them.

Note:
I edited the original thread from "My silver Mir-1B is a keeper." to "My silver Mir-1 is a keeper." due to a mistake (pointed by to Orio) in the lens model.

Thanks Orio.

Last edited by voe on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are great samples, voe.
I love night photos and these have a nice clarity.

If it's silver barrel, then it should be MIR-1 not MIR-1V
It is a good lens, only precaution you need to use a hood with the sunlight, because it's flare prone. With a hood it can deliver great images.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio. And you are absolutely right, the lens is the Mir-1. I never payed attention of the exact name since I received it:)

I also have the Mir-1B, but the older Mir-1 is much better for me or at least my sample.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voe wrote:
Thanks Orio. And you are absolutely right, the lens is the Mir-1. I never payed attention of the exact name since I received it:)

Voe, if it's silver barrel then it should be MIR-1
MIR-1V usually has black barrel, unless there have been some silver barrel MIR-1V in the transition period between the two versions (I don't know of any but it's always possible)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see.
BTW I corrected the thread name. Thanks for pointing this out. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested my Mir-1B against a Canon 28-105 zoom long ago (on a 400D) and found it to be quite similar in quality. Of course the mir is a bit faster. I'll have to try it again on a film camera someday.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be proud of that crab shot. That one works very well.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice samples
the crab is also #1 for me!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a keeper - great shots!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mir-1 Brussels a wonderful looking lens, congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been close to buying this lens many times, it's such a beauty! I like silver lenses Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crab looks pissed off at the thought of being lunch. Definitely a keeper lens.