Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My first rangefinder - a dream camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: My first rangefinder - a dream camera Reply with quote

The Voigtländer Prominent - one of the dream cameras of the fifties, and for myself, especially with the famous Nokton 1.5/50.

It is a little camera, but also a heavy camera. With the mounted Skoparon 3,5/35 lens nearly 1000g.

I bought the cam with the Ultron 2/50, Skoparon 3,5/35 and also the Nokton 1,5/50 (it arrives soon).

Ingo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Beautiful! Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous! My film just spooled out of its canister, all the way Very Happy
Those are some good sounding lenses too

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!, you're right: It's a dream camera...

Hes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Ingo! that's look a pure marvel, wow!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Congrats!, you're right: It's a dream camera...

... and dream lenses! Congratulations! WOW!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, well done on snatching that!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dream-of set. Congratulations.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! And lovely pr0n pics, too!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prominent, first class rangefinder. The voigtlander lenses of this era were excelents too. Use this and use and use and use....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice.
I was actually wondering about these cameras, when I see them on eBay.

I'm interested in hearing the results.

Jim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday the first film came back. I have only use the Ultron 2/50 for some snap shots. The cam works properly and the rangefinder is very accurate. The Ultron is very sharp and produce warm colours.

Ingo

All shots @ f2, Agfa Potrait 160

Last edited by Ingo on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. Great shots ! That Agfa 160 looks pretty grainy (for an only 160 ISO film). I wonder if the Fuji/Kodak Portra 160 are the same. Instead I like very much the colours. They are very natural maybe too natural, no saturation at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, old style film. Its grainy as a modern iso400 film.

Ingo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful camera Ingo, this model was unknown to me when you posted the first pictures of it and I was interested to see the results. The camera and lens seem to be very high quality and in great condition, many congratulations!

I have to admit I'm not a fan of Agfa colour film. I once lost all the pictures I took on an important inspection years ago, due to a fault with the colours on slide film, and I've never risked using it ever since. So maybe it's due to my previous experience, or maybe it could be the scanner software, but my eyes don't like the colour cast in your pics. They look to me almost like tinted B&W pictures. The contrast and dynamic range look superb and they'd be really great in B&W, but in colour they need a lot more blue and green. They remind me of the picture on my old TV when the CR tube was dying. Sorry! Sad