Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More than meets the eye - a gate
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: More than meets the eye - a gate Reply with quote

Fifteen hundred quid and it's yours (no, this isn't an advert).
Driving along I was struck by this at the side of the road; turns out the bloke who made it learned metalwork as a guest of the government and got out just in time for the house building slump. Lovely job though, and similar gates were fetching twice or three times as much just two years ago.

Tamron SP 35-80, flaring a lot, so quite a bit of PP.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny - I had a friend who graduated from Cambridge and took up blacksmith forge work. Finished up with samples at all the stately homes in the UK. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing funny catch.
At least they teach how to build metal works in the prisons there.
Here I sometimes have the doubt that they only teach how to force them open Razz

Time ago saw a gate like this, mounted at the beginning of a path that lead to a house, and around it there was no fence. At all. Completely open field. I regret I don't have a photograph of that. It looked really metaphysical.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice idea with funny object