Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Martyn's Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will offer £500.00 for the lot and hopefully make a bloody fortune, screw Martyn and Sue Ryder Wink Laughing

Not really.

Come on guys, make an offer, or at least link this thread to other sites that you feel may have interested parties.

Thats a kind offer Zelda, but I think we will see if someone wants to just take the lot at a sensible price before looking into anything more involved. Elaine is aware of your offers of help mate, thank you.

I actually do have an offer that I will make if it is not exceeded by anyone else. There is a cost to selling these lenses and my offer reflects this cost as I cannot donate my time for free, i have commitments that stop me from doing so, as I think we may all do.

But my offer reflects what i personally can do to fulfill Martyns wishes in a way that would not embarass him.

If you post up your best offer, it would be of great help to Elaine at Sue ryder. and show your level of regard for Martyn.

Come on and put in a bid lads. Smile

Steve. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: What are they worth? Reply with quote

So for what its worth I went through the list with a pencil and jotted down an estimate of the ebay auction value based on my busy trawling of the (UK) listings over the last year.

I easily reached a total just topping 3 grand, and that was just lenses I was confident, in my experience, could be given an estimate of £10 or more (bid), I ignored all the "junk". And it excluded about a score of items for which I simply had no idea of value including some potentially valuable ones - russian mirror lenses, Bausch and Lomb 800mm, spiratone 18mm for example.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall show the list to a friend of mine that regularly has a stall at the Wolverhampton Camera Fair, I want to sell some of my stuff so I'm hoping to get a stall next to his. The next fair is April 28th. we might work something out, but it's not a certainty.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant Marcus, thats exactly what we needed mate.

Dave, I'm sure Elaine at Sue Ryder would be delighted to discuss any proposition if you have one.

I think Elaine will be most gratefull for any offer to realise a sensible value for the charity, especially if it means that someone else more knowledgeable takes on the tasks involved in the selling.

Those tasks do have a cost and time value so if the value of the collection is say £3,000.00 roughly as Marcus suggests, I would say that there is an offer that could be made by someone to buy the whole collection, that reflects those costs being deducted.

A clean cash donation to the charity is, I think, what Martyn intended having read back through that thread.

Steve.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: selling the lenses on ebay Reply with quote

In terms of selling these discretely, may I suggest that the way to go is for a few of us to combine efforts.

Set up a specific ebay acount and identity, and ideally a paypal id too. Perhaps s/o is in a position to set up a credit card account to support that (since both require card info...)

I (would be happy to help) and one or two others could manage the creation, placing, monitoring etc of the ads (you can see some of my ads user name rbrown334). Onus on who has the lenses at the mo to produce pics, post them on eg flickr/picasa and provide/check main points for the description. All the lenses would thus be listed under the new user name, all the proceeds would go into the one paypal account, to be passed on to Sue Ryder or whoever once fees and expenses have been allowed for.

WDYT?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As ususal, waiting for posts on here and contact from Sue Ryder anscochrome,

What do you suggest I do next??

If I was the sort of person that reacts negatively I may have posted something like...

I may just take matters into my own hands and sling the whole fu%&ing collection off London Bridge and ask...

'What do you all think about that then??'.

As an English bloke of my time, I think Martin may just raise a glass to that.

I am Fucking disgusted with the amount of input from this forum, thanks to Dave, Woodrim, etc that have commented but considering the membership...

If you want to know how this all pans out, you need to register that curiosity by posting the fact on this thread. i will only update this thread by pm'ing the contributing members from now on directly.

But of course, I am not like that and will await responses from here and Sue Ryder and watch this move along at its own pace!

Cool

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Bychance,

I bumped the thread not because I had any brilliant ideas for you, but I simply noticed it had descended upon page 3 of the manual focus lenses forum, and I did not wish it to continue to sink into obscurity, especially not after all the hard work you have put into this project.

For nothing else, this thread has given me pause, as it certainly has me reconsidering how to dispose of my gear if I have a chance to make a choice (meaning I have foreknowledge of my impending death, not a being run over by a bus scenario)

Imagine if the collection was started by a wealthy 22 year old son of an industrialist, who had purchased two of every camera and lens made by Leica from 1925 until his death in 1989 (one to use, one to keep unopened in the original box). That collection would have A-been donated to Leitz for their museum (with a heavy tax write-off) or B-auctioned off at Southeby's for several million pounds. I bet it would not remain in a state of limbo the way this has-a bit of a sad commentary really......

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bychance wrote:

If I was the sort of person that reacts negatively I may have posted something like...

I may just take matters into my own hands and sling the whole fu%&ing collection off London Bridge and ask...

I am Fucking disgusted with the amount of input from this forum, thanks to Dave, Woodrim, etc that have commented but considering the membership...

If you want to know how this all pans out, you need to register that curiosity by posting the fact on this thread. i will only update this thread by pm'ing the contributing members from now on directly.

But of course, I am not like that and will await responses from here and Sue Ryder and watch this move along at its own pace!

Cool

It's understandable that you might easily be driven to become the sort of person that you really aren't . . . you've become involved in a situation for which there is no relatively simple solution so long as you keep on 'trying to do the best' in attempting to meet what you're sure were the late Martyn's wishes. i.e the transmission to the charity of whatever money was generated by the sale of his collection of lenses and other bits and pieces.

I have no wish to instruct my granny in how to suck eggs, nor to belittle your hard work. Neither do I seek to quibble with any of the well-meaning suggestions other members have put forward. But, so long as there is a continuing desire to suggest individual values and give advice to the charity to maximise receipts, or to handle parts of the collection separately, the intended beneficiaries will keep on waiting and waiting . . . and tempers will eventually and inevitably start to fray.

Having been involved in similar exercises in the past when I actually worked in the photo trade, I urge you to hand over all the equipment to Sue Ryder and let them do what they can to turn it into cash. They are, after all, geared up to do such things. And they have some interest in maximising their income, let us not forget. Nobody should feel that this is letting down Martyn's wishes in any way - rather, it's the most straightforward way of meeting them. And it also avoids any subsequent doubts or queries about how/when/where/if things were disposed of.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
bychance wrote:

Cool

It's understandable that you might easily be driven to become the sort of person that you really aren't . . . you've become involved in a situation for which there is no relatively simple solution so long as you keep on 'trying to do the best' in attempting to meet what you're sure were the late Martyn's wishes. i.e the transmission to the charity of whatever money was generated by the sale of his collection of lenses and other bits and pieces.

I have no wish to instruct my granny in how to suck eggs, nor to belittle your hard work. Neither do I seek to quibble with any of the well-meaning suggestions other members have put forward. But, so long as there is a continuing desire to suggest individual values and give advice to the charity to maximise receipts, or to handle parts of the collection separately, the intended beneficiaries will keep on waiting and waiting . . . and tempers will eventually and inevitably start to fray.

Having been involved in similar exercises in the past when I actually worked in the photo trade, I urge you to hand over all the equipment to Sue Ryder and let them do what they can to turn it into cash. They are, after all, geared up to do such things. And they have some interest in maximising their income, let us not forget. Nobody should feel that this is letting down Martyn's wishes in any way - rather, it's the most straightforward way of meeting them. And it also avoids any subsequent doubts or queries about how/when/where/if things were disposed of.

+100

I know you obviously want to see everything go smooth and easy but as far as i can see it is becoming a big pain in the ass as it became for saffer steve. I agree with scsambrook, let sue ryder staff do what they do for "living" and hope for the best, you have done more than enough already to help and see this through.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, Stephan is quite right.

If Sue Ryder need any advice I'm sure they'll ask for it... they ought to offer to ship internationally for example... but they need to have all the stuff and it's for them to decide how best to shift it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Sue Ryder charity are open to advice, then I would advise them to add a dedicated page to their web site, explain at the top of the page where and how they came by the lenses and other stuff, and then list everything and leave the pricing as 'open to sensible offers'. To assist that I'm sure we could offer sensible estimates on the better stuff so they have some idea if they are maximising the contributions.

If they made a dedicated page then I'm sure we could all spread the word around the many camera and photographic web sites we use.

I'm a director of a charity, I know how hard it is to raise funds these days when every good cause is out there with a begging bowl. Every single Pound is gratefully received. I also know just how hard the volunteers work at fundraising, especially when they run shops. But that dedication is what will make it possible for the Sue Ryder charity to deal with this bequest.

It won't take many minutes for each of us to go down the list and put a ball park price on the better lenses we know about. The rest will have to go for whatever someone offers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been watching this thread from the start, but have said nothing so far. However, I do believe that Stephen's (scsambrook) idea is the best for everyone concerned.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

It won't take many minutes for each of us to go down the list and put a ball park price on the better lenses we know about. The rest will have to go for whatever someone offers.

So little time that it's only surprising how few of those that say they don't view most of the list as junk haven't already done this. Despite how often they've said how easy it would be.

Ebay, plus the descriptions.. let the market decide the price. Easier for everyone.

And it only leaves the assorted junk boxes to be dealt with - lay out the contents, take a couple of photos and Ebay as "contents of bits box, condition as seen".

If they think about it too much, it will end up costing Sue Ryder more in labour than they'll gain as value add from faffing about with dedicated website pages, etc.

(and yes, volunteer labour has a value to charities - if it didn't it wouldn't be useful to them)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: lens list with estimates Reply with quote

In case it proves helpful.

First number = expected minimum price. Second number = ballpark estimate given good descriptive ad, weekend evening end time. ! = negligible value IMO, a 99p start ad might accumulate to a quid or three but don't count on it. * = more guess than estimate (no number = I've no idea). $ = depends which precise model eg helios 44 f16 no's 135, 136 if these are the rare earlier 13 blade versions then price multiplies.
I have tended to be pretty conservative with these estimates. my experience selling on ebay is that on average auctions disappoint (every one is trying to get a bargain), except occasionally one does better than expected or even goes a bit stratospheric. #163 is case in point, these aren't sought after and so I see them sell for ~ a tenner, but occasionally one goes for 30 or more.

A lot of these lenses are less desireable OM, CFD or MD mounts which substantially affects saleability.

Photo,Lens Description,Extra,Mount,Make,Focal Length,F-Stop,Dust between lens,Fungus,Focus twist function,Aperture Function,Scratches lens,"General Condition (Excellent,Good,Fair,Working, Not Good)",Damage,min est,ballpark est
No1,PHOTAX 500mm F1:8,Built in tripod mount,T Mount,Photax,500mm,F8-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,40,60
No2,Vivitar 400mm F1:5.6,Built in tripod mount,M42,Vivitar,400mm,F5.6-32,No,Yes,Good,Good,Yes,Working,None,20,35
No3,Paragon 400mm F1:6.3,Built in tripod mount,M42,Paragon,400mm,F6.3-22,yes,No,Good,Good,No,Fair,Filter mount bent,20,35
No4,Soligor 400mm F1:6.3,Built in tripod mount + Case,M42,Soligor,400mm,F6.3-32,yes,No,Good,Good,Yes,Fair,None,30,40
No5,TAIR-3 300mm F4.5,Built in tripod mount + Case,M42,TAIR,300mm,F4.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,50,80
No6,Meyer Optik 300mm F1:4,Built in tripod mount,M42,Meyer Optik,300mm,F4-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,60,90
No7,Tamron 400mm F1:7.5,,T Mount,Tamron,400mm,F7.5-32,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,*,*
No8,Meyer Optik 400mm F1:5.5 (Silver),Case,M42,Meyer Optik,400mm,F5.5-32,no,no,Good,Good,No,Good,None,*,*
No9,Tamron 80-250mm F3.8-4.5,Original Case,Canon FD(Adaptall),Tamron,80-250mm,F3.8-22,no,no,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,10,20
No10,Tamron 85-210mm F4.5,Case,M42 (Adaptall),Tamron,85-210mm,F4.5-22,No,no,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,!,!
No11,Tora Power Auto Zoom 75-200mm F1:5.5 MC (Rare),Case,PK,Tora,75-200mm,F5.5-32,No,yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,None,!,!
No12,Tokina SZ-X 60-300mm F1:4-5.6,Original box with soft case,Minolta,MD,Tokina,60-300mm,F4-22,No,yes,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,15
No13,Photax 85-210mm F3.5,Lens hood,M42,Photax,85-210mm,F3.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,!,!
No14,Soligor 450mm F1:8,Built in mount,T Mount,Soligor,450mm,F8-32,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,20,35
No15,Soligar 350mm F1:5.6,No,T Mount,Soligor,350mm,F5.6-32,No,No,Good,Good,Yes,Fair,Missing black rubber band - see picture. Bent front filter thread,15,25
No16,Meyer-Optik 200mm F1:4 (Zebra),No,M42,Meyer Optik,200mm,F4-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,Yes,Fair,Front filter thread,25,35
No17,Pentacon 200m F1:4 (Zebra),No,M42,Pentacon,200mm,F4-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,Bit of oil on apperture,20,30
No18,Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm F1:3.5,No,OM,Vivitar,70-200mm,F3.5-220,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None.10,20
No19,Optomax 300mm F5.5,Built in mount,M42,Optomax,300mm,F5.5-22,No,No,Tight,Good,No,Good,None,10,15
No20,Makinon 80-200mm F1:4.5,No,Nikon FX mount,Makinon,200mm,F4.5-22,No,No,Loose,Good,No,Fair,Scratches to outside tube,!,!
No21,Cimko Mt Series 80-200mm F1:4.5,No,Canon FD ,Cimko,80-200mm,F4.5-22,No,No,Good,Not working,No,Fair,None,!,!
No22,Hoya HMC Zoom 80-200mm F1:4,No,Canon FD,Hoya,80-200mm,F4 -22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,!,!
No23,Tefnon Zoom Macro 70-162mm F1:3.5,No,PK,Tefnon,70-162mm,F3.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,!,!
No24,Vivitar Macro focusing zoom 75-250mm F1:3.8-4.5,No,PK,Vivitar,75-250mm,F3.8-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,Damage to filter thread,10,20
No25,Cosinon Auto 200mm F3.5,No,M42,Cosinon,200mm,F3.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,10,20
No26,Tamron Bbar Multi C (28Adaptall) 28mm F:2.8,Case,Nikon AI,Tamron, 28mm ,F:2.8,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,11,17
No27,Converto-Sigma 135mm F3.5 + x 2 matching convertor in origanal box (Rare),Original box ,M42,Sigma,135mm or 270mm,F3.5 or F7,no,no,Good,Good,No,Good,None,*.*
No28,Photax-Paragon 200mm F1:3.5,No,M42,Photax,200mm,F3.5-22,No,No,Good,Not working,No,Fair,Appature function not working,!,!
No29,Hoya HMC Zoom & Macro 75-205mm F1:4,No,PK,Hoya,75-205mm,F4-32,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,10
No30,Meyer-Optik Orestor 135mm F2.8 (Zebra),Aluminium hood ,M42,Meyer Optik,135mm,F2.8 - 32,No,No,Good,Good,No,Very good,Damage to aluminium hood,30,40
No31,Eyemik Auto 200mm F1:3.5,Aluminium hood ,M42,Eyemik,200mm,F3.5-22,No,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,None,10,15
No32,Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm F1:3.5 Macro Focusing Zoom,No,Cannon FD,Vivitar,70-200mm,F3.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,Markings light,10,20
No33,Tamron 80-210mm F1:3.8 - 1:4/210,No,M42,Tamron,80-210mm,F3.8-32,No,No,Good,Good,No,Very good,None,!,!
No34,Komuranon Zoom lense 75-150mm F1:4.5,No,M42,Komuranon,75-150mm,F4.5-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good ,None,!,!
No35,Prinz Galaxy 135mm F1:3.5,Aluminium hood ,T Mount,Prinz Galaxy,135mm,F3.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,5,10
No36,Meyer-Optik 200mm F1:4 (Zebra),Aluminium hood ,M42,Meyer Optik,200mm,F4-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,30,40
No37,Sirius MC 80-200mm F1:3.9,No,PK,Sirius ,80-200mm,F3.9-22,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,None,!,!
No38,Fontron 200mm F1:4.5,No,T Mount,Fontron,200mm,F4.5-22,No,No,Tight,Good,No,Good,None,8,12
No39,Zivnon 80-205mm F1:4.5,No,Minolta MD,Zivnon,80-205mm,F4.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,!,!
No40,Sigma 35-135mm F1:3.5-4.5,No,PK,Sigma,35-135mm,F3.5-22,No,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,Scratches to markings on barrel,10,25
No41,Panagor 28mm F1:2.5,No,FD,Panagor,28mm,F2.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,Multi-Coating worn in patches,10,20
No42,Sears 300mm F1:5.5,No,M42,Sears,300mm,F5.5-22,No,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,None,10,20
No43,Ranger MC 80-200mm F1:3.9,No,PK,Ranger,80-200mm,F3.9-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,!,!
No44,Pentacon MC 70-210mm F1:4-5.6,No,M42,Pentacon,70-210mm,F4-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,15
No45,Tamron 38-100mm F1:3.5 (Adaptall),No,OM (Adaptall),Tamron,38-100mm,F3.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,10,30
No46,Vivitar 135mm F1:2.8,No,Canon FD,Vivitar,135mm,F2.8-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,5,10
No47,Prinzflex Auto Reflex (Silver) 135mm F1:2.8,No,M42,Prinzflex,135mm,F2.8-22,No,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,None,5,10
No48,"Helios 44M-4, 58mm F1:2",No,M42,Helios 44M,58mm,F2-16,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,5,10
No49,Meyer-Optik 180mm F1:5.5,No,M42,Meyer Optik,180mm,F5.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,Well used (black coating worn),*30,*60
No50,Meyer-Optik Zebra 135mm F1:2.8,Aluminium hood ,M42,Meyer Optik,135mm,F2.8-32,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,30,50
No51,Prinzflex Auto Reflex 135mm F1:3.5,No,M42,Prinzflex,135mm,F3.5-22,No,Yes,Good,Good,Yes,Fair,None,5,10
No52,Hoya HMC 35-75mm F1:4,No,M42,Hoya,35-75mm,F4-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,!,!
No53,"Helios 44M-2, 58mm F1:2",No,M42,Helios,58mm,F2-16,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,10
No54,Rocoh C 35-70mm F1:3.5-4.5,No,PK,Rocoh,35-70mm,F3.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,5,10
No55,Tamron (Adaptall)28mm F1:2.8,No,OM (Adaptall),Tamron,28mm,F2.8-16,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,11,17
No56,Inter-City 80-200mm F1:5.5,No,PK,Inter-City,80-200mm,F5.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,!,!
No57,Hanimex 135mm F1:2.8,No,M42,Hanimex,135mm,F2.8-16,Yes,No,Good,Not working,No,Fair,Aperture not working,5,5
No58,Jupiter 11 (Silver) 135mm F1:4,40.5mm Hoya Skylight,M42,Jupiter,135mm,F4-22,Yes,no,Good,Good,No,Good,None,30,35
No59,Sun (Silver) 135mm F1:3.5,Aluminium Threadcap,M42,Sun,135mm,F3.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,*20,*30
No60,Carl Zeiss Jena Triotar (Silver)135mm F1:4,No,Exakta,Carl Zeiss,135mm,F4-22,No,No,Fair,Good,No,Good,None,*20,*40
No61,Photax-Paragon 135mm F1:2.8,No,M42,Photax-Paragon,135mm,F2.8-22,No,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,None,5,5
No62,Nikon Nikkor 43-86mm F1:3.5,No,Nikon,Nikon,43-86mm,F3.5-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,Front filter thread,*,*
No63,Minolta E.Rokkor 50mm F1:4.5,Plastic Case,M39,Minolta,50mm,F4.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,*,*
No64,Soligor 35mm F1:2.8,No,Canon FD,Soligor,35mm,F2.8-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Fair,None,15,30
No65,Super Paragon PMC II 28mm F1:2.8,No,M42,Super Paragon,28mm,F2.8-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,10,15
No66,Vivitar Close Focus 28mm F1:2,No,Canon FD,Vivitar,28mm,F2-16,No,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,None,30,50
No67,E-Congo JR 75mm F1:3.5,No,M39,E-Congo,75mm,F3.5-16,No,No,N/A,Good,No,Fair,Lens Coating damaged,*,*
No68,Greens 50mm F1:3.5,Leather Case,M39,Greens,50mm,F3.5-16,No,No,N/A,Good,No,Good,None,!,!
No69,Tamaron SP (Adaptall) 35-80mm F1:2.8-3.8,No,Nikon (Adaptall),Tamaron,35-80mm,F2.8-32,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,20;40
No69a,Tamron Adaptall-2 mount for nikon,n/a,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,20,20
No70,Rogonar 50mm F1:2.8 - Enlarger Lens,Plastic Case & Jam Ring,M39,Rogonar,50mm,F2.8-16,Yes,No,N/A,Good,No,Fair,Hair in lens & paint on case,*,*
No71,Tamaron 28-70mm F1:3.5-4.5,No,Adaptall - no mount,Tamaron,28-70mm,F3.5-22,Yes,Yes,Good,Not working,Yes,Poor,Chip on inside lens,5,10
No72,Aico Hi-Resolution AF Lens Reversible 2x or 0.5x wide,Leather Case,Unknown,Aico,2x or 0.5x,N/A,No,No,N/A,N/A,No,Good,None,*,*
No73,Industar-50-2 50mm F1:3.5,No,M42,Industar,50mm,F3.5-16,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,10,15
No74,Pentacon MC 50 mm F1:1.8,No,PB,Pentacon,50mm,F1.8-16,No,No,Good,Good,No,Spares repair,Needs repairs to back mount,5,5
No75,Jupiter 11A 135mm F1:4,Aluminium hood ,M42,Jupiter,135mm,F1.4-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,25,35
No76,Koboron MC 200m F1:3.5-4.8,No,Canon FD,Koboron,200mm,F3.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,10,25
No77,Carl Zeiss Jena DDR 135mm F1:3.5,No,M42,Carl Zeiss,135mm,F3.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,35,50
No78,Auto Flex 50mm F1:2.8,No,M42,Auto Flex,50mm,F2.8-16,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,5
No79,D & N 135mm F1:3.5,No,T Mount,D & N,135mm,F3.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,10
No80,Tamron Twin-Tele 135mm F1:4.5 plus 1.6X matching teleconverter (Zebra),38mm Filter & Leather case,Exakta,Tamron,135mm,F4.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,*,*
No81,Tamron Twin-Tele 135mm F1:4.5 plus 1.6X matching teleconverter (Zebra),Leather Case & Aluminium Lens Hood,M42 & Exakta,Tamron,135mm,F4.5-22,No,No,Good,Stiff,No,Good,None,*!,*!
No82,Tamron Aux Telephoto 4X,Leather Case,N/A,Tamron,N/A,N/A,No,No,Stiff,N/A,No,Good,None,*!,*!
No83,Tamron Aux Telephoto 4X,Leather Case,N/A,Tamron,N/A,N/A,No,No,Good,N/A,No,Good,None,*!,*!
No84,Spiratone 18 mm F1:3.5,No,T Mount,Spiratone,18mm,F3.5-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,40,70
No85,Soligor 135mm F1:2.8,No,T Mount,Soligor,135mm,F2.8-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None10,15
No86,Russian Helios (Super Lens) 85mm F1:1.5,No,M42,Helios,85mm,F1.5,No,No,Good,N/A,No,Excellent,None,200,250
No87,Mayfair Sankor 135mm F1:3.5,Aluminium hood ,T Mount,Mayfair,135mm,F3.5-22,No,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,None,5,15
No88,Photax-Paragon 35mm F1:3.5,No,M42,Photax-Paragon,35mm,F3.5-22,No,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,None,10,20
No89,Pentar Auto 35mm F1:2.8,No,M42,Pentar,35mm,F2.8-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,10,20
No90,Helios 135mm F1:2.8,No,M42,Helios,135mm,F2.8-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,10,15
No91,Jupiter-37a 135mm F1:3.5,"Plastic Hood cover, plastic case",M42,Jupiter,135mm,F3.5-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,30,35
No92,Auto sears 50mm F1:2.0,Hoyo rubber hood,PK,Auto Sears,50mm,F2.0-16,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,10,20
No93,Soligar 35mm F1:3.5,No,T Mount,Soligor,35mm ,F35-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Well used,Worn dials from use & bent lense filter,15,25
No94,Meyer-optik 135mm F1:3.5 (Zebra),Aluminium hood ,M42,Meyer Optik,135mm,F3.5-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,35,50
No95,Miranda 24mm F1:2.8,No,Olympus,Miranda,24mm,F2.8-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,Wear on multi-coating,10,20
No96,D&N 35mm F1:3.5 ,Astron skylight 49mm,M42,D&N,35mm,F3.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,10,15
No97,Meyer-Optik 50mm F1:1.8 (zebra),No,M42,Meyer Optik,50mm,F1.8-16,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,10,10
No98,Pentacon 50mm F1:1.8,No,M42,Pentacon ,50mm,F1.8-16,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,10,10
No99,Tokina 70-210mm F1:4-5.6,No,OM mount,Tokina,70-210mm,F4-5.6,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,5
No100,Paragon 35mm F1:3.5,No,T Mount,Paragon,35mm,F3.5-16,Yes,No,Good,Broken,No,Fair,Aperture ring moves. Can be opened and closed but can't be locked.!,!
No101,Tamron 28-70mm F1:3.5-4.5,No,Minolta MD,Tamron,28-70mm,F3.5-4.5,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,10
No102,Olympus OM-system50mm F1:1.4 ,No,Olympus,Olympus,50mm,F1.4-16,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,None,40,60
No103,Pentax-A 50mm F1:2 SMC ,No,PK,Pentax,50mm,F1.2-22,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,None,20,30
No104,Canon Automatic lense 35-105mm F1:3.5-4.5,No,Canon EF,Canon,35-105mm,F3.5-4.5,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,*,*
No105,Carl Zeiss Jena DDR 35mm F1:2.8 (Zebra),No,Exakta,Carl Zeiss,35mm,F2.8-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,none,40,60
No106,Helios 44m-4 F1:2.8 ,No,M42,Helios,58mm,F2.8-16,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,10,10
No107,Prinzflex auto reflex 28mm F1:2.8,No,M42,Prinzflex,28mm,F2.8-22,Yes,Yes,Good,Stiff,No,Fair,None,10,10
No108,Mitakon Wide 28mm F1:2.8,No,PB,T mount,28mm,F2.8-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good ,None,10,10
No109,Olympus OM-system 50mm F1:1.8,No,Olympus,Olympus,50mm,F1.8-16,Yes,Yes,Good,Stiff,Yes,Fair,None,10,15
No110,Meyer-Optik 50mm F1:1.8 (zebra),No,M42,Meyer Optik,50mm,F1.8-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good ,None,5,10
No111,Meyer-Optik 30mm F1:3.5 (Zebra),No,M42,Meyer Optik,30mm,F3.5-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good ,None,10,20
No112,Fujinon 55mm F1:2.2,No,M42,Fujinon,55mm,F2.2-16,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,None – Missing centre band for focus adjustment and as a result the aperture ring is loose,!,!
No113,Meyer-Optik 29mm – F1:2.8,No,M42,Meyer Optik,29mm,F2.8-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good ,None,15,25
No114,Meyer-Optik Domiplan 50mm F1:2.8 (Zebra),No,M42,Meyer Optik,50mm,F2.8-22,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,Yes,Fair,None,5,10
No115,Prakticar 50mm F1:2.8 (Zebra),No,M42,Prakticar,50mm,F2.8-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,*,*
No116,Meyer-Optik 50mm F1:2.8 (zebra),No,M42,Meyer Optik,50mm,F2.8-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,Yes,Fair,None,5,10
No117,Carl Zeiss Tessar 50mm F1:2.8,No,M42,Carl Zeiss,50mm,F2.8-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,*,*
No118,Fujinon 55mm F1:2.2,No,M42,Fujinon,55mm,F2.2-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good ,None,5*,10*
No119,Enna Munchen 28mm F1:3.5,No,M42,Enna Munchen,28mm,F3.5-16,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,dented lense filter,*,*
No120,Meyer-Optik100mm F1:2.8 (Zebra),No,M42,Meyer Optik,100mm,F2.8-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,50,70
No121,Helios -44m-4 58mm F1:2.8,No,M42,Helios,58mm,F2.8-16,No,No,Good,Good,Yes,Good ,None,10,15
No122,Olympus OM System 50mm F1:1.8,No,Olympus,Olympus,50mm,F1:8-16,Yes,No,Good,Good,Yes,Fair,"None – bent front filter thread, missing back screw",5,15
No123,Pentacon 50mm F1:1.8,No,M42,Pentacon ,50mm,F1.8-16,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,10
No124,Chinon 55mm F1:1.7,No,M42,Chinon,55mm,F1.7-16,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,10,20
No125,Takumar Bayonet 28mm F1:2.8,No,PK,Takumar,28mm,F2.8-22,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,dented lense filter,10,15
No126,Pentacon 50mm F1:1.8,No,M42,Pentacon ,50mm,F1.8-16,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,10
No127,Meyer-Optik 50mm F1:1.8 (zebra),No,M42,Meyer Optik,50mm,F1.8-16,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,20,30
No128,Chinon 35mm F1:2.8,Aluminium hood ,M42,Chinon,35mm,F2.8-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,15,25
No129,Prinzflex Auto reflex 35mm F1:2.8,No,M42,Prinzflex,35mm,F2.8-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,Yes,Good,dented lense filter,10,15
No130,Meopta Anaret 50mm F1:4.5,No,M39,Meopta,50mm,F4.5-16,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,*,*
No131,Paragon Auto macro 28mm F1:2.8,No,OM,Paragon,28mm,F2.8-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,15
No132,Helios -44 58mm F2,No,M42,Helios,58mm,F2-16,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,Yes,Working,Well used (black coating worn),10,10
No133,Sirius MC 28mm F1:2.8,No,OM,Sirius ,28mm,F2.8-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,10
No134,Meyer Optik 29mm F1:2.8,No,M42,Meyer Optik,29mm,F2.8-22,Yes,No,Stiff,Good,Yes,Good,Dented lense filter,15,25
No135,Helios -44 58mm F2,No,M42,Helios,58mm,F2-16,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,Yes,Good,None,$10,$10
No136,Helios 44 58mm F2,No,M42,Helios,58mm,F2.0-16,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,None,$10,$10
No137,Pentacon MC F1:3.5-4.5 35-70mm,No,M42,Pentacon,35-70mm,F2.3.5-4.5,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,5
No138,Olympus Om-system 50mm F1:1.8,No,OM,Olympus,50mm,F1.8-16,Yes,Yes,Stiff,Stiff,Yes,Working,None,10,15
No139,Jupiter-8 50mm F2,No,M39,Jupiter,50mm,F2-22,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Working,None,10,10
No140,Vivitar Wide angle 49mm ??28mm?? F1:2.8,No,Cannon FD,Vivitar,49mm,F2.8-16,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,Yes,Working,None,5,10
No141,Mamiya-Sekor 48mm F1:1.9 (missing part),No,Unknown,Mamiya-Sekor,48mm,F1.9-22,Yes,Yes,Stiff,Stiff,No,Working,None,*,*
No142,Meyer -Optik 50mm F1:2.8(Zebra),No,M42,Meyer Optik,50mm,F2.8-22,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Fair,None,5,10
No143,Minolta E.Rokkor F50mm F:1.45,No,M39,Minolta,50mm,F4.5-22,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Good,None,*,*
No144,Helios -44 58mm F2,No,M42,Helios,58mm,F2-16,Yes,Yes,Not working,Not working,No,Not working,Focus twist function & aperture function not working,5,5
No145,Carl Zeiss Jena DDR 50mm F1:2.8,No,M42,Carl Zeiss,50mm,F2.8-22,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,10
No146,Anastigmat 50mm F1:3.5,No,M39,Anastigmat,50mm,F3.5-16,Yes,Yes,None,Good,No,Good,None,*,*
No147,Eumig Projector/video lens F15-25 F1:1.3,No,Projector/video lens,Eumig,15-25mm,F1.3,No,No,N/A,N/A,No,Good,None,*,*
No148,Eumig Projector/video lens F20 F1:1.6,No,Projector/video lens,Eumig,20mm,F1.6,Yes,Yes,N/A,N/A,No,Good,None,*,*
No149,Wray London F1:4.5 2 inches,No,M39,Wray London,2 inches,F4.5-32,Yes,Yes,None,Stiff,No,Fair,None,*,*
No150,Industar 50mm F1:3.5,No,M39,Industar,50mm,F3.5-16,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Good,None,10,15
No151,Eumig Projector/video lens F15-25 F1:1.3,No,Projector/video lens,Eumig,15-25mm,F1.3,Yes,Yes,N/A,N/A,No,Good,None,*,*
No152,Schneider-Kreuznach 105mm F1:4.5 (zebra),box,Unknown,Schneider-Kreuznach,105mm,F4.5,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,*,*
No153,Bosch & Lomb 800mm F10 lightweight mirror lense,"Boxed, swivel camera mount, diagonal viewer, 24x (18mm) and 16x (30mm) plossl eyepiece",Tmount,Bosch & Lomb,800mm,F10,No,No,Good,NA,No,Good,Chips in paint on front,*,*
No154,Sirius Macro 28-200mm F4.0-5.6,Boxed & info booklet,Olympus,Sirius ,28-200mm,F4.0-5.6-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,5
No155,Russian mirror lens 3M-6A 500mm F6.3,No,M42,Russian mirror lens,500mm,F6.3,No,No,Good,N/A,No,Good,Scratches and markings to barrel,*40,80
No156,Sunagor Mini zoom 70-200mm F4.5-5.6,Boxed & info booklet,FD,Sungor ,70-200mm,F4.5-5.6-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,5
No157,Tamron 35-80mm F2.8-3.8,Boxed & info booklet,Minolta MD,Tamron,35-80mm,F2.8-3.8-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,30,45
No158,Will Wetzlar Stellar 100mm F1:2.8,No,Unknown,Will Wetzlar Stellar,100mm,F2.8,Yes,No,N/A,N/A,No,Good,None,*20,*40
No159,Rodenstock Apo-Ronar 240mm F9-180,No,Unknown,Rodenstock,240mm ,F9-180,No,No,N/A,Good,No,Good,Scratches,*,*
No160,Phago Anastimat F150mm F1:4.5,No,M39,Phago Anastimat,150mm,F4.5-22,No,No,N/A,Good,No,Excellent,None,*,*
No161,Tamron 300mm F1:5.6,No,Nikon N/AI,Tamron,300mm,F5.6-32-22,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Good,None,35,50
No161a,Tamron Adaptall-2 mount for nikon,n/a,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,na,20,20
No162,Opteka Mirror lens F8 ,No,Unknown/modern canon,Opteka,unknown,F8,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,*50,*100
No163,Tamron Aspherical F28-200mm F1:3.8-5.6 71A,Hood,Minolta MD,Tamron Aspherical,28-200mm,F3.8-5.6-22,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,10,20
No164,Tamron 28-70mm F1:3.5-4.5,Case,Tamron adaptall ,Tamron,28-70mm,F3.5-4.5-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,15
No165,Tamron Twin-tele 135mm F1:2.8,Case & matching teleconverter,T Mount,Tamron,135mm,F2.8-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,Chip in plastic lid,5,10
No166,Tamron 35-135mm F1:3.5-4.2,Case,PK,Tamron,35-135mm,F3.5-4.2-22,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,10,15
No167,Canon Lens FL 50mm F1:1.4 II,,FD,Canon,50mm,F1.4,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,80*,*100+
No168,Canon Lens FL 55mm F1:1.2,,FD,Canon,55mm,F1.2,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,100+,*200
No169,Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 55mm F1:1.7,,MD,Minolta,55mm,F1.7,No,No,Good,Good,Yes(very light),Good,"Scratches to glass coating, doesn't seem to effect image",20*,30*
No170,Olympus 50mm F1.4,,M42,Olympus,50mm,F1.4,No,No,Good,Good,Yes(very light),Good,"Scratches to glass coating, doesn't seem to effect image",40,60
No171,Meritar 50mm F2.9 (silver),,M42,Meritar,50mm,F2.9,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,!*,!*
No172,Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm F2.8 (Zebra),,M42,Carl Zeiss,50mm,F2.8,Yes,Yes,Good,Good,No,Good,None,5,10
No173,Canon Reflex Lens 500mm F1:8 S.S.C,Built in mount,FD,Canon,500mm,F8,No,No,Good,Good,No,Excellent,None,*150,*200
No174,Tamron SP 28-80mm,Case,OM,Tamron,28-80mm,F3.5-4.2,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,Some paint over spray to case and lens barrel,15,25
No175,Russian made Night vision scope + Pentacon 30mm F3.5 – Working,,M42,Russian,Any (current lens 30mm),,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,*,*
No176,Box of Projector Lens,,Unknown,Unknown,,,No,No,N/A,N/A,No,Good,None,*,*
No177,Tamron Twin-Tele 135mm F1:2.8 / 225mm F1:5.5 with tele-converter,Original case seen better days,M42/Tmount,Tamron,135mm or 225mm,F2.8 or F5.5,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,Case broken,*,*
No178,Russian Reflex Mirror MTO 1000A 1100mm F10.5 (Rare and Big),Origanal Case,M42,Helios,1100mm,F10.5,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good ,None,*60,*100+
No179,Russian Helios TAIR3-Phs Camera Kit – 300mm F4.5 – 58mm F2 – Zenit-ES 35mm Camera,Lots,M42,Russian,300mm and 58mm,2 lens,No,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,60,90
No180,Canon TV Zoom Lens V6x18 18-108mm F1:2.5,,C mount,Canon,18-108mm,F2.5-Closed,Yes,No,Good,Good,No,Good,None,*,*

Last edited by marcusBMG on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx a lot Marcus for your great effort by pricing this list.

I believe your adviced prices are in UK£. Can you confirm ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: lens prices Reply with quote

Yes - suggested prices in GB£

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of those prices are wrong
No86,Russian Helios (Super Lens) 85mm F1:1.5,No,M42,Helios,85mm,F1.5,No,No,Good,N/A,No,Excellent,None,60,90
I would say £200-£250

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Some of those prices are wrong
No86,Russian Helios (Super Lens) 85mm F1:1.5,No,M42,Helios,85mm,F1.5,No,No,Good,N/A,No,Excellent,None,60,90
I would say £200-£250

My mistake I confused with the jupiter 85mm. Happy to accept your valuation - I don't know what one of these would be worth.

In fact please allow me to add a wee disclaimer: I am pretty confident about many of the prices eg adaptalls, MOGO, 400 6.3's, common primes. I have looked for many of these and bought and sold too, however I may well have got a number of items in the list a bit wrong.

eg s/o who collects rokkors could advise on those in the list...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So,whats the overall value guys.

I will be offering a grand. plus a donation at my discretion at a later date when i know what the bloody collection achieved at auction.

OR, they can collect it and go it alone.

Not a difficult problem to solve, is it.

I will do what you would have wanted Martyn, lets see if someone can do it cheaper.

No contact yet but I have these lenses and martyns wishes seem to indicate a cancer charity, Sue Ryder ain't the only one you know.

Time is running out for a commitment children.

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, from what I've been reading recently, I'd be reluctant to donate anything to Cancer Research UK - top heavy and wasteful of funds.
Sue Ryder gets my vote.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, as you have the lenses and have taken the trouble to sort this out so far, it's really up to you how and when you dispose of them. I'm sure everyone here will be happy that some kind of contribution to charity has been made in Martyn's name...

... though I still think it would be easier and more clear cut if the whole lot went to sue Ryder as previously discussed. If they list them all one at a time, even on their lens unfriendly website, then all here can see them and promote them and discuss via this website. Are they reluctant to take it? If you're worried about the relatively high value lenses, then take them out and sell them here first as there are only a few.

But it's your call.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Well, from what I've been reading recently, I'd be reluctant to donate anything to Cancer Research UK - top heavy and wasteful of funds.

Over the years I had bought quite a few lenses from my local Cancer Research UK shop and also donated photography equipment I didn't want. One day I popped in to see what they had, but found nothing, so I asked one of the ladies what had happened and she said "Oh, a dealer comes in now and takes all of our photography equipment and gives us what he thinks they are worth". I have never been in since.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inappropriate language.

Sorry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no contact from SR.