Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Marketplace redesign
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Marketplace redesign Reply with quote

hi guys,
This is to let you know that we have decided to redesign the Marketplace forum.
Currently it is open to subscribers only, which is good for taking advantage of our special links and suggestions, but it's not good when we need to sell our own lenses. For this, the more exposure the better.

So we have created a new forum called MF Club. It will be reserved to active subscribers only. Which means that it will not be enough to subscribe once then never care. We will admit to this forum immediately all the people that have proved to be active members so far. As for new subscribers, if they will become active members, they will be admitted, if they subscribe but never post, they will not be admitted.

The current Marketplace forum will become instead open for vision to everyone including guests. So it will become the place to mainly sell and buy our own lenses. Plus we will also post every now and them some good links, to encourage the people to subscribe. But the best bargains, those that we would like our friends to take advantage of first, will be from now on posted to the MF Club, as soon as Attila will edit the group settings.

That's all, if you have any question, please ask Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.

Another forum that I used to be a member of, had it's "For Sale" section open to all members with the result that you got individuals signing up for the forum solely so they could advertise their gear in it. The only posts you ever saw from these individuals were all in the "For Sale" section.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple to offer...the other forums were not as well informed about MF lenses

patrickh Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like that idea.

Over on Talk Photography there's a similar thing with members having to be there for while and have a number of posts to their credit (90, I think) to access the 'For Sale' forum. I found it a bit frustrating, because I'm not much of an active poster there, but I do read it quite a lot. To partially address that, the mods/owners opened a 'Wanted' forum open to all where new members can post a want if they wish, but the best items are still to be found on the restricted 'For Sale' forum.
I'm not saying their solution is the best but it addresses the problem they had.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Marketplace redesign Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
So we have created a new forum called MF Club.

What is the rule to let this forum visible ?
It was once for me but out now...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to reach at least 300 posts or based on suggestion of any core member.Not automatically so please let me know if you are over on it and I will set you into the group.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Need to reach at least 300 posts or based on suggestion of any core member.Not automatically so please let me know if you are over on it and I will set you into the group.

For sure I wana be part of that group ! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks! I suppose you will be reach soon...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

180 to go Shocked
I have to work harder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile this rule not written to a stone you can get into before ...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Smile this rule not written to a stone you can get into before ...

Oh good. May I have access to the Secret Holy Places of MFLF?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, I suggest that we could include all current members that have already proved to be really interested in the subject of the forum and not only here to lurk or, worse, to flame.

A minimum number of messages is necessary to tell a lurker from an active member but perhaps 300 is a bit too high a threshold.

I actually suggest that you would base the admission on your final decision, as forum owner, supported by the opinion and advice of the administrators and moderators (me, Attila, Bob, Cosmin).

Personally speaking, I value more the attitude of a person than anything else.

On one side, there must be a minimum of messages, because you can not know a person after 10 messages. I think that 50 messages may be reasonable enough, what do you think? Or 100 if you prefer.

On the other side, however, I would not make the admission automatic by reaching the 50 (or what ever else number of) messages.

It is clear when someone comes here with the intent of keeping in harmony with the group and the friendly spirit of this place, and when on the contrary, one has a polemic and flaming attitude against one or many of the members.

So to conclude I would suggest that 50 messages may be the minimum messages to be admitted, but that reaching 50 messages does not automatically mean someone is admitted.

I suggest that you may give admission to the club when a member proves to be a friendly and respectful person, and not give it, or if it's the case, even revoke it, if you notice attitudes that are improper.

My two cents Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no time to modify the forum software so I need to include every member by hand so I put those members who want it.

farside,poilu, flor27 are in Smile if anybody else would like to in and over 50 posts please let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My warm thanks to Attila and his great new avatar !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Your very welcome, is anybody want to get in over 50 posts please let me know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you let me in? Smile

I try to be more active in the future. I know this far it has been me using your knowledge. But when I learn more I can be helpful...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure you are in in the next few minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila it looks like you're squeezed into a jam jar! Laughing

_

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Attila
Cheers, mate Cool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome!