Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is this noisy too? - pana G1 test again
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Is this noisy too? - pana G1 test again Reply with quote

Just got my M42 adapter, tested pana with Jupiter 37A at ISO100 about f5.6. There was hazy weather, not too ideal, so I have to adjust contrast and tone curve in Lightroom. But nothing else, no sharpening or other mod.

crops:

and the full size image:
http://369.hu/outerpics/20090516/pana_jupi-1_full.jpg

What do you think?

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not very noisy at all. Looks fine to me.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In dull weather I think my E-1 produce same image I think. Check next time in bright sunny days on close subjects a few meters only and if no noise that is fine. Shoot at infinity is not easy even with film so I think not relevant as noise test. Surely this camera will not produce images like Pentax, Nikon or Canon it's power the compatibility.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some noise is visible, but it's fine! Not bad at all.
In the other shots, not the noise was disturbing but the JPG artefacts.
Here this is much better.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is pana?
I am with Carsten, there is a little noise but it's ok, it's not disturbing (and a light pass of Noise Ninja would cure it off if needed)

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
What is pana?
I am with Carsten, there is a little noise but it's ok, it's not disturbing (and a light pass of Noise Ninja would cure it off if needed)

I thinkt that the 'PANA' could be 'PANASONIC' Smile

tf

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a worrying. I can see no noise at all on my CRT screen ... but I've been having problems processing images on a flat-screen monitor where they look great but when I transfer them to the CRT they look sh*t. Having the monitors calibrated with the same spyder seems to make no difference - the LCD monitor makes things look bright and noisy, where the CRT makes them look dull and noise-free.

Of the two, the CRT (despite being ancient) is the one that doesn't get "poor exposure" rejections on the micros, so I guess it is the more accurate ... This has been a cause of serious concern for over a year and I can't seem to find an answer. Any ideas? Or is it just the way my eyes are "calibrated" to the screens?

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with the photos.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all!

I've just bought this camera, changed 350D. I really happy with it, can use my old zorki m39 lenses on it too. But too new, no experience with it, thats why I asked some help from you. As I see colors much better then 350D, and the details is better too for my eyes.

And a lot other think is better too, focusing with MF lenses on the top for me! Size is a bit small, but we can live together. More space for film cams in the bag...Smile

Thank you for your opinion!

--
(This cam is Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1)

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csaba369 wrote:

--
(This cam is Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1)

I think it is a very interesting camera! There is one thing that worries me: when you change lenses, the sensor is fully exposed, because there is no mirror or shutter to protect it. That would make me a bit nervous.

Apart from that, the Panasonic idea is great! I hope more vendors will come with similar designs.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="eeyore_nl"]
csaba369 wrote:

I think it is a very interesting camera! There is one thing that worries me: when you change lenses, the sensor is fully exposed, because there is no mirror or shutter to protect it. That would make me a bit nervous.

This is a very good point of view , need to know how maker did make protection.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off-topic, but I've gota agree. I'm using a CRT myself, and the images look fine on my monitor. But when I have the same image on most other LCDs, they look noisy, low contrast and more saturated. Of course, since I prefer to print my own best images, that's not a practical issue. The only problem is getting people with different monitors to see what I'm seeing!

That aside, I do find the images fine as far as noise is concerned, even when I crank the brightness above my usual. Whenever I crank the brightness up, more noise shows, so yeah.

PaulC wrote:
This is a worrying. I can see no noise at all on my CRT screen ... but I've been having problems processing images on a flat-screen monitor where they look great but when I transfer them to the CRT they look sh*t. Having the monitors calibrated with the same spyder seems to make no difference - the LCD monitor makes things look bright and noisy, where the CRT makes them look dull and noise-free.

Of the two, the CRT (despite being ancient) is the one that doesn't get "poor exposure" rejections on the micros, so I guess it is the more accurate ... This has been a cause of serious concern for over a year and I can't seem to find an answer. Any ideas? Or is it just the way my eyes are "calibrated" to the screens?

Anyway, I see nothing wrong with the photos.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think a tube with the guns painting the phosphor coating on the inside have fuzzy edges thus blending transition areas giving a film like image; unlike the lcd type screens that have definite pixels that are turned on and off with a black matrix surrounding each pixel. Similar to comparison of Kodaks dye sublimation printers to ink jet printers on the same paper or between a film negative and a digital image. Comparing images from one to the other is a little like the old saw of comparing apples to oranges. Take a good close look at the image on your lcd screen and you will even see the matrix border - looking like a fine window screen.