Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I got the test slides from the Contax RX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
After seeing these, I can't wait to try this cam! Thanks for sharing these,
Orio! I have the same scanner you have, too.
Bill

You have to watch your wallet, Bill, because now with a RX in the house, the temptation for Contax lenses will become unbearable!
Just like, imagine to have in your house Miss Sweden walking around all day in topless Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
You have to watch your wallet, Bill, because now with a RX in the house, the temptation for Contax lenses will become unbearable!
Just like, imagine to have in your house Miss Sweden walking around all day in topless Laughing

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really impressive for a first roll Orio. Test shots or not these show you have a mastery of photographic tools. As for the RX it is a pure photographers camera. Very intuitive with no menus, bells, or beeps to slow you down. All the controls are right where they should be. I really think you will love it as you use it more. I did send the one we talked about to Bill. Bill is going to love it also. For Bill the big viewfinder screen and focus confirm will be great for the close focus work he is so potent at. The only thing that is missing to make this a perfect camera is mirror lock up. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bill, can I come over! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, from the reviews I've read, the shutter is virtually vibration-free! So
who needs MLU, besides, I hate it when I can't see the picture at the moment
of hitting the shutter release.

Yep, this cam is going to be IDEAL for macro work! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Really impressive for a first roll Orio. Test shots or not these show you have a mastery of photographic tools. As for the RX it is a pure photographers camera. Very intuitive with no menus, bells, or beeps to slow you down. All the controls are right where they should be. I really think you will love it as you use it more. I did send the one we talked about to Bill. Bill is going to love it also. For Bill the big viewfinder screen and focus confirm will be great for the close focus work he is so potent at. The only thing that is missing to make this a perfect camera is mirror lock up. Cool

One thing I have to say now, after this test, is that the bokeh of Planar 1.4/50 on film is even more impressive than on digital.

Second surprise: with good slide film (and it could be better than this, this was a 200 ISO commercial sensia), you don't miss much detail, if at all, compared to digital.
What makes the difference (in negative) is only the film grain. Without the grain, I think film could be more detailed than digital.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddog10 wrote:
Hey Bill, can I come over! Very Happy

Sure, Mike, bring Miss Sweden with you! Laughing Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
One thing I have to say now, after this test, is that the bokeh of Planar 1.4/50 on film is even more impressive than on digital.

Second surprise: with good slide film (and it could be better than this, this was a 200 ISO commercial sensia), you don't miss much detail, if at all, compared to digital.
What makes the difference (in negative) is only the film grain. Without the grain, I think film could be more detailed than digital.

Orio, I have Sensia and Reala 100 I'll be trying first. I'll then be ordering
Velvia and taking any recommends to other slide film, perhaps Provia F 100?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill
My experience is the same as you have read. This camera is a tank. Any vibration is absorbed by it's mass. The Engineers at Contax know a thing or two about cameras apparently. Laughing I'll keep an eye out for some remote shutter release cables for both of you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Andy! You're heading out tomorrow, right? Take lots of pics!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes 10 days of road trip. I'm taking only cameras. No other women Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Yes 10 days of road trip. I'm taking only cameras. No other women Laughing

Laughing Excellent!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much of a Velvia fan I have to confess. The detail is outsanding but the colour saturation is a bit on the too much side for me.
I think this is because they now make film for crappy autofocus lenses, that have bad saturation.
The lenses that I use are very saturated, so Velvia on top of them ends up being too much.
I think Provia is the best compromise between detail and colour.
Sensia are the best price/performance ratio probably.
I also love Agfa slides but I am one of the very few, because they are neutral in colour while most people prefer either the Kodaks (reddish) or the Fujis (greenish)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Andy good luck with your trip!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm, can you still get Agfa slide film?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. It will be great to get away. I'm driving down the coast. In California there are a lot of fires. I'm going anyway. These are natural fires caused by lightning. Maybe I will not have as happy a trip but it could be more interesting Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be safe, Andy!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Humm, can you still get Agfa slide film?

Yes, they are making it again, a side company I think, I don't think it's as good quality as older Agfa film but it's good enough, last year in Budapest I shot almost exclusively these new Agfa slides and I got very nice results.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be looking around for it, then!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Precisa is their name now:

Click here to see on Ebay

I used these in Budapest.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching that one, but hope to find it in the states to save on postage.

Thanks for the link.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats for the Rx! nice results and superb precision with 1.4

you can find agfa slide also here
TechnikDirect

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, will be posting in about 8 hours some from my first roll, Reala 100,
using the Zeiss Planar 1.7/50. Just test shot stuff like yours, only not as
good. Loading and unloading this cam and auto advance, really spoils you!
Wonder how long that big lithium battery lasts. Imagine the little date/time
battery will last a long time.

When the cam rewound your film, did it leave a little hanging out?

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:

When the cam rewound your film, did it leave a little hanging out?
Bill

You can program it for that in the custom options. 1 is for leaving out and 0 is for winding all in.

Looking forward to your pics - although I already know there won't be anything wrong with them Wink