Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Greyhound racing - SMC Tak 55/1.8 and Vivitar 85/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Greyhound racing - SMC Tak 55/1.8 and Vivitar 85/1.8 Reply with quote

Well this was one huge challenge...no tripod, no monopod...just the decent high ISO performance of my new EOS 30D in the dark! And these dogs move! Laughing

I've adjusted exposure, contrast and sharpened where necessary.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did solve damn well! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting subject! I've never been to dog races and your pictures have learned me something new. Thanks for sharing!

By the way, what's your impression of the Vivitar 85mm f/1.8 with regards to sharpness and build quality?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 3 in the first photo won me a bit of cash by the way Laughing

I forgot to mention, no flash was allowed, but I was just pleased they were OK with me taking photos Smile

As for the Vivitar 85/1.8, it feels very sturdy. It's a t-mount lens and is nice and heavy. I haven't seen another one since though Shocked

Sharpness is not something I've really looked at recently, but I'll dig some photos out later (if I remember Laughing ) and take a look Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set.
Did they ever catch that thing? Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Nice set.
Did they ever catch that thing? Smile

Haha, I'm not sure, I was too busy collecting my winnings Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi shrek -- very interesting pictures and subjects ! --

I think that 30D still good camera ...

tf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad when someone goes to the dogs!

I haven't been in years, but it was always a fun evening out. This is a very well done set

patrickh