Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Good cheap film UK Poundland
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Good cheap film UK Poundland Reply with quote

Out of sheer curiosity on Saturday, I put a pair of very dark sunglasses on and pulled my collar up high and ventured into the Norwich branch of Poundland (ordinarily I avoid such places). Right at the back was a HUGE stack of very very cheap Kodak film for one quid a roll.

Labelled as Kodak Color Plus 200, it's Kodak's answer to the own-brand films. I'm 99 percent sure it's the old VR film, which I used to like very much in the old days.

Shot a roll and took it to Tesco, and it came back absolutely shite Mad

Today I put a roll through a half-decent batch of my homebrew 4-bath C-41 soup, and it's fabulous! I can only assume the spotty pleb at Tesco hadn't replenished his chemicals for a while.

Anyway, that's a long-winded way of saying there's some pretty good film for a quid a pop at Poundland if you have one local/dare to venture in Wink

Ok, not as good as Atilla's ebay find, before you point it out Laughing

Here's a few quick test frames from it to judge the colours:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks good, a tad on the warm side perhaps?
In any case a lot better than what many labs deliver.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Graham, I just picked up a couple of rolls in Portsmouth Poundland. I will try them in my spangly Olympus Trip!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh an Oly Trip! I'm a little bit jealous! I loved my Trip - and there aren't many places you can say that without getting ya collar felt Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Ooh an Oly Trip! I'm a little bit jealous! I loved my Trip - and there aren't many places you can say that without getting ya collar felt Laughing

Haha so true!! Laughing It's a lovely little camera but I haven't had the time to try it properly yet. Focusing looks entertaining and I love the little red thing that pops up when you're underexposed Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:
I love the little red thing that pops up when you're underexposed Laughing

Go on, give it a flash - they can't touch you for it. Maybe an old Mac would be handy?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Shrek wrote:
I love the little red thing that pops up when you're underexposed Laughing

Go on, give it a flash - they can't touch you for it. Maybe an old Mac would be handy?

Haha that's just wrong Laughing Laughing Laughing