Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

For Attila - And For Any Other 6x6 Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: For Attila - And For Any Other 6x6 Users Reply with quote

I'm going to scan some more of the old transparencies taken with my medium format cameras.

Here is the first new scan from an old trannie, taken long ago in Utah.

Sorry about the dust on the transparency, I'll watch for it in succeeding images.

For a sense of size, the smaller "O" below the large one, is about the height of a man (6 feet or so). Shocked

Double-O Arch
Yashica Mat 124
Velvia
f:8
1/125th
V700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely love your medium format images!!! Many thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is amazing ..

tf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fantastic, hope share with us more-...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. What else is there to say.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I absolutely love your medium format images!!! Many thanks!

I know you do, Attila. And I'm glad you do!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
this is amazing ..

tf

It's an amazing place, tri.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

csaba369 wrote:
It's fantastic, hope share with us more-...

I have an awful lot of medium format images on this forum from the past 12-14 months of posting, so you might want to look some of them up. Some of them fairly good, some of them not everyone's cup of tea. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cledry wrote:
Beautiful. What else is there to say.

Yeah, pretty much all you have to do here, is point the camera and shoot. The beauty of the arch stands alone.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you did a real good work with both the picture and the scanning!
I like it very much, thanks for sharing!.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Wow, you did a real good work with both the picture and the scanning!
I like it very much, thanks for sharing!.

Regards,
Jes.

I always appreciate any comments from you, Jes. I am an avid admirer of your images.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incredible, 6m small hole! fantastic landscape

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very beautiful picture! I am an user of Yashica Mat 124G, so I feel the camera's taste beside the capture Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's beautiful Very Happy You never disappoint us with your photography skills Cool

I recently got a Rolleicord and am really enjoying black and white photography again. I love the way that only having 12 exposures forces me to slow right down and consider everything.

Pretty soon I get a Yashica-Mat arriving, so I may carry that loaded with colour transparency film.

Thanks for sharing that stunning image Cool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry is best ambassador of film I never seen better photographies what he is done by medium format cameras. I did started to use again film after him .. Thank you so much again! Larry and Andy opened to me a whole new world again !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed late again . . .

as always all I can say is . . . Surprised

It always amazes me that in austere settings some of the most breath taking scenes can be found.

Graham's comment strengthens my resolve to pick up another film back for my Hassy so that I have the option of switching between B+W and colour.

Jim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scenery might be there, Larry, but somebody's got to take it right. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
incredible, 6m small hole! fantastic landscape

Yes, that is one BIG arch, poilu! I will be going back to the area one of these days.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Very well done!

Thank you! Carsten, I'm getting nervous, waiting for some more beautiful black and white creations from you! Cool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iha wrote:
Very beautiful picture! I am an user of Yashica Mat 124G, so I feel the camera's taste beside the capture Smile

I am happy that you see the merits of the Yashica Mat, iha! I would love to see some images from your camera.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
That's beautiful Very Happy You never disappoint us with your photography skills Cool
I recently got a Rolleicord and am really enjoying black and white photography again. I love the way that only having 12 exposures forces me to slow right down and consider everything.
Pretty soon I get a Yashica-Mat arriving, so I may carry that loaded with colour transparency film.
Thanks for sharing that stunning image Cool

Graham, that Rolleicord is surely a fantastic camera. Yes, the fact that there are not many exposures on a roll, makes me slow down too. I LOVE digital imaging, don't get me wrong. But...there's always a joy in looking down into the viewfinder of a TLR.

I hope you have a lot of joy with your Yashica.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Larry is best ambassador of film I never seen better photographies what he is done by medium format cameras. I did started to use again film after him .. Thank you so much again! Larry and Andy opened to me a whole new world again !

Well, thank YOU Attila! Very Happy However, I am lucky enough to live in an area of the world that gives away beautiful scenery, so all I have to do is point the camera in the right direction and shoot!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

j.lukow wrote:
Embarassed late again . . .
as always all I can say is . . . Surprised
It always amazes me that in austere settings some of the most breath taking scenes can be found.
Graham's comment strengthens my resolve to pick up another film back for my Hassy so that I have the option of switching between B+W and colour.
Jim

I hear you, on the ability to switch, Jim. Although I can't switch between film backs on the Yashica Mat, and am tempted to get another one for black and white. I think that TLRs have a special affinity in black and white, and I truly love a square format.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this image. It impressed me the first time and it still does.