Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Feet
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Feet Reply with quote

From this weekend. High ISO in low light. Shot with Zuiko 3.5/24 shift Wide open on 5D. Shift was used to compensated for open aperture and DOF requirement. In viewing shot I should have used a tripod and stopped down further. Still it is kind of a fun snap.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An amazing feat! I mean feet...great catch, Andy! Love the reflection, too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny idea and nice result Smile The strcuture on the floor and the reflection gives much depth.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb! Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocking image! Technically perfect!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed! This is a a pro shot with pro equipment!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys I'm glad you enjoy this one. It is fun to use the shift. I think everyone should at least take a chance to experiment with one at some point. Having used 4x5 and other view cams controlling a shift on a DSLR is easy squeazy Wink Also there is no reason to buy a legend lens like this zuiko. I think the arstat/p6 adapter arrangement is great for experimental work. And really very affordable.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shot, the lightining is especially well done with those dramatic tones enhanced by the reflection.

I still don't catch though how "shift" could help you with DOF. Probably you did mean "tilt". Sorry not to play the "teacher" role (I misspell these movements myself very frequently), it's just that for example there are Arsat adapters that allow shift and others that allow tilt and people can get confused and get the wrong one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot, Andy!,
Somewhat surrealistic, I love the composition and the "plastic" feel of the feet. Also te reflection is very well composed and perfectly integrated in the ensemble.

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a nice photo ! Incredibly well done ...

Cheers
Tobbsman