Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

feeding us crap?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: feeding us crap? Reply with quote

Is this seller telling a few fibs and trying to sell a broken lens or does such a beast exist?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/M42-Screw-Mount-lens-Tasman-135mm-f3-5_W0QQitemZ190306419418QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cameras_Photographic_Accessories?hash=item190306419418&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This lens has very interesting blade arrangement and potentially produce unique bokeh. See pictures for detail.

Just missing the ==WORKS WELL== statement Rolling Eyes

"This car is missing 2 wheels. Imagine the substanstial savings in tyres".

The magic of marketing ... just a load of BS. The aperture is broken ...

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: feeding us crap? Reply with quote

xjjohnno wrote:
Is this seller trying to sell a broken lens?

yes.
He should be reported to Ebay, actually.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is funny Laughing

The question is, will anybody fall for it?

Incidentally, this lens looks identical to my Tele-Astranar 135/3.5, which is a T-mount. I wonder if he has his mount correct? Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like oily blades and one of it is stucked. I guess he is right with the unique bokeh, but as stated earlier, missing 'works well'.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 bidder so far, I wonder what the Paypal and Ebay commissions are on $0.99.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do say that God loves a trier - "This lens is suitable for serious photographers who seek after excellent picture quality but don't want to spend a fortune.

Very rare lens on the market which produce very unique color. Color produced by this lens is quite different from the Pentax Takumar which is good to add in your collection to give a bit of variety..."
Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a tool - he must think buyers are as stupid as he is.
Why, I would travel far and wide to find a lens with a broken diaphragm and also, one that's nothing like a Takumar. Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should work for Arsenal its probably a secret and very rare device and worth millions Shocked

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
He should work for Arsenal its probably a secret and very rare device and worth millions Shocked

LOL Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:

If he'd had his wits about him, he'd have included the word Prototype in his description - that would practically guarantee gazillions of monies Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's how it goes. And I was wondering about all the rare 50 Planars and Tessars and... Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the condition, this lens is probably worth the value of the T-mount +99 cents.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention the lens caps, 3 bucks at least ! I'd say the lens worth it's pennies Very Happy