Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dream come true: MAMIYA 645E
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Dream come true: MAMIYA 645E Reply with quote

I picked it yesterday from a colleague's home. He's devoting too much time to computers and has no time for photography, so he's sold their equipment.

The camera is mint as new. I looks like barely used. A little dust over it proves that hasn't been used for some time.

It comes wiht a grip, three extension tubes, a rubber shade and a 80mm 2.8 lens. Not bad. A pity this model has no waist level finder!

Some quick and dirty shots

With the extension tubes fitted:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! congrats Jes
I see you are ready for the square format
wait to see the beast at work

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Poilu!.
I just need some sun....

I got a couple of REALA 100 rolls and a Tmax 100 as well.
We were about a crisis situation because lack of water and rain one month and a half ago, but we've had intense rainfalls and the problem is over, so now we're wishing some sunny weekend....

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Jes. Cool

Here's the manual, courtesy of Mr Butkus:
http://www.cameramanuals.org/mamiya_pdf/mamiya_645e.pdf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic tool!!!
Looking forward to the images!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Jes! I'm very happy for you. This will be a fun camera to use.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Congratulations! This will open new dimensions for you, I can imagine.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
Nice one Jes. Cool

Here's the manual, courtesy of Mr Butkus:
http://www.cameramanuals.org/mamiya_pdf/mamiya_645e.pdf

Thanks a lot, Bob!!

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Orio, Andy, Carsten and Richard, many thanks!.

For sure will be a new dimension to me... I love the YashicaMat and the Isolette, and this camera seems to have a nicer optics!.

Soon the first shots,

Kind regards
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sure is a beauty. Looks like new.

I'm anxious to see some pictures. I don't always say anything but I'm watching all the film and scan shots since I'm getting back into film.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
That sure is a beauty. Looks like new.

I'm anxious to see some pictures. I don't always say anything but I'm watching all the film and scan shots since I'm getting back into film.

Thanks Schnauzer!. Hopefully we are having a sunny saturday. So it means pictures, pictures, pictures...

And a new lab in Barcelona, a professional one that develops + CD very cheap (4,56€ 24 shots 24x36)...

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent buy, Jes. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I don't think the lack of a waist-level finder is any great drawback on this camera.

I was pleasantly surprised at how the 645 handles, but a grip is a nice thing to have with it. I dug out an old flash handle/grip with does make a difference to it. Straps are another thing - they seem to be ridiculously expensive for what they are, so I'm investigating just making one from something else.

My processer is about the same price - €5 for a roll of 120 or 135, process only for C41. I've found a lab in Dublin that still does E6; I don't have any prices yet, but I don't expect them to be sky-high.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Excellent buy, Jes. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I don't think the lack of a waist-level finder is any great drawback on this camera.

I was pleasantly surprised at how the 645 handles, but a grip is a nice thing to have with it. I dug out an old flash handle/grip with does make a difference to it. Straps are another thing - they seem to be ridiculously expensive for what they are, so I'm investigating just making one from something else.

My processer is about the same price - €5 for a roll of 120 or 135, process only for C41. I've found a lab in Dublin that still does E6; I don't have any prices yet, but I don't expect them to be sky-high.

Thanks, Dave. I got a handle as a part of the deal. It has been heavily used, it's just a mechanical part, has a left hand grip with a trigger that translates the push onto the camera's trigger. Since it had the painting off in many places, I did paint the worn zones with black felt marker and covered them with transparent nail veneer... Not very pretty but much better appearance (in the distance Wink ).

The problem with the Mamiya (and compatible) straps is the special part to fit on the camera's holders. If I had a couple of those, I could easily build a strap: I have a small leather workshop at home... (I'm currently short on rivets, but it's easily solvable Smile.

What I've found out, and should have been evident, is the Mamiya is really BIG!!!.

No one of my bags is able to hold it, I'm thinking on buying/building one...
Any recommendations?.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I really look forward to see samples.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:

The problem with the Mamiya (and compatible) straps is the special part to fit on the camera's holders. If I had a couple of those, I could easily build a strap: I have a small leather workshop at home... (I'm currently short on rivets, but it's easily solvable Smile.

I've just measured up the studs on the M body- the top of the mushroom is 7.1mm wide, the stem is 3.9mm and the gap is about 2.5mm.
Interestingly, the P6 is almost the same - 6mm top, 4mm stem and gap of 2mm. I already asked grizzly33bear if the Kiev 88 strap would fit a P6, but she replied that it wouldn't. I suspect it's very close to being a fit. I might just order a Kiev strap and try it - it's quite cheap.

Click here to see on Ebay

Quote:

What I've found out, and should have been evident, is the Mamiya is really BIG!!!.

No one of my bags is able to hold it, I'm thinking on buying/building one...
Any recommendations?.

Jes.

I'm only using one of my medium size bags for it - luckily I had a few knocking around. Not much room for anything else in there once the cam+lens is inside.

Last edited by Farside on Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know much abobut this, but I just wanted to let you know, theres something similiar on Tradera (swedish ebay):

http://www.tradera.com/MAMYIA_645_1000S_MED_MAMIYA_SEKOR_OBJEKTIV_1_2_8_f_80mm-auktion-66728982

I'm not good at currency but I think its about 85£. The seller says, roughly translated, "It's from somebody whos dead, I dont know anything about the camera".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Dave:

The Mamiya RB67 strap fits the P6 apart from the fact that the 'S' shaped post clips can catch on the shutter release protusion when they rotate.

The Op/tech 'B' type strap connectors are Mamiya fit apart from the 645 Super and Pro models so may fit the P6 better if the clips are straight.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prometheus wrote:
I dont know much abobut this, but I just wanted to let you know, theres something similiar on Tradera (swedish ebay):

http://www.tradera.com/MAMYIA_645_1000S_MED_MAMIYA_SEKOR_OBJEKTIV_1_2_8_f_80mm-auktion-66728982

I'm not good at currency but I think its about 85£. The seller says, roughly translated, "It's from somebody whos dead, I dont know anything about the camera".

It's an excellent opportunity!. The 1000S is the one I was looking for, a little older but more robust and can work without batteries, same lens...
The market price is of around US$ 500 if complete and in good shape!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a SWEET deal, Jes. It will be pure joy composing and focusing with that machine, and hearing the reliable "ker-CHUNK" of the shutter!

Beautiful buy!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Jes!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
@ Dave:

The Mamiya RB67 strap fits the P6 apart from the fact that the 'S' shaped post clips can catch on the shutter release protusion when they rotate.

The Op/tech 'B' type strap connectors are Mamiya fit apart from the 645 Super and Pro models so may fit the P6 better if the clips are straight.

Ahah.... I knew I'd seen them before somewhere, but couldn't place them.
http://www.optechusa.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=48&
They even show the Super Pro connector on an M645.
Thanks for that, Bob.