Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Developing times chart for T-Max
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Developing times chart for T-Max Reply with quote

Could anybody please help me with a developing time chart for T-MAX developer. One that lists times for different temperatures and also the times needed for pushing the film 1 and 2 stops.

The course teacher told us that the chart is on the Kodak Italian web site, but I can not find it. And I can not find it either on the Kodak US site.

thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they have it buried on the pro site.

Here is a link some PDF's on the LH side of page

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/films/bw/tMax400.jhtml?pq-path=13399

I don't know why they make it hard to find but they do Confused

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed you the TMAX pdf.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are various printings of this book also.
Can be handy. Maybe Graham has one kicking around his evil scientist laboratory Wink

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-B-Darkroom-Dataguide-R20/dp/B0010BZPPS/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244594159&sr=8-15

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy, what I found is really poor, it's a two page PDF that only lists the developing time for nominal exposure at 24°C
No mention of different temperatures times, and no mention of pushed film Sad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm
They did change it. That is lowsy. It looks like one of the pages from the book.
As for push and hold-back times. You will want to experiment for yourself.
Here is my method for T-max film /T-max dev for a starting point.

Establish base times for nominal developing.
Consider pushing and pulling in terms of a percentage.
For one stop of pushing I add 25% more developing time.

For a minus 1 stop I add one stop of exposure to the shutter speed.
Reduce 25% development time and also agitate the film half as often.

You will come up with your own best method. Remeber it is an art as well as a science.
For example. In the last couple years I stopped reducing time for a Minus development. Rather I use exhausted solution and a water bath.
Refer to that book for some other ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy!
Bill has just mailed me a complete PDF, I think it contains the times also.

In any case I will try your methods when I will be more experienced Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since I found this:

http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php?doc=mobile

for my iPhone, I threw away all my development printouts I had underneath my kitchen sink. Now I just develop with my iPhone telling me exactly when to agitate, how long to develop, stop, fix, and rinse, etc. :-DDD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Ever since I found this:

for my iPhone, I threw away all my development printouts I had underneath my kitchen sink. Now I just develop with my iPhone telling me exactly when to agitate, how long to develop, stop, fix, and rinse, etc. :-DDD

Laughing I thought it was a joke! Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm bummed, I gave all my tanks and everything away years ago ( wish I had kept them now) But I kept my notes. I was going to see if I could help. I found my notebook but it has got wet and was stuck together in one complete mass. I was going to keep that forever. I also found some old useless chemicals. Sorry I couldn't help.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
rawhead wrote:
Ever since I found this:

Laughing I thought it was a joke! Shocked Shocked

No joke, Orio, this has it all. One thing, it doesn't seem to tell you how to push/pull yet, but I'm sure if you bug the software developer, that would be included in a future version Smile In the mean time, literally every developer/dilution combination is in there, so if you can control the temp to the recommended temp (20˚), then you just pick your combo, and click start Smile

You can customize a lot of things, too, so you can specify the chemical temperatures if you can't control them, and it'll do the calculation for you. And then, if you find that the automatically calculated stuff is off, or there's a particular way of developing you like to do, you can always customize it, and save it as a "fave". Every time you're supposed to agitate, it'll notify you with a beep 3 seconds before, and during the agitation period, it makes a ticking sound. Really, it's home developing for dummies LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything that the iPhone can't do? Rolling Eyes

Will it water my plants if I leave it at home when I'm away? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

No, but it will bleed you dry of money over the contract period Wink

I apologise for missing this thread. I have long since ditched most of my Kodak dataguides Rolling Eyes but I think the digital truth web site will be your frioend. They seem to publish an extensive set of dev times for all possible combinations. Good resource.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

That will be included in the iPhone 5G Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A link to a pdf I have stashed of T-Max and various other films, using Ilford and others' chemicals and a very useful x-ref time and temp graph.
http://www.mediafire.com/?l5uvq2ziqyu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!