Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

City of the Mustard Shitters
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: City of the Mustard Shitters Reply with quote

"Mustard shitters" is the nickname for people living in Diest (read Wikipedia). Don't ask my why, I don't even want to know...

You can find the gallery also on my zenfolio-website. It presents larger versions (up to 1400px) and also gives technical information (number of images, ISO, that kind of stuff). All images presented are composites.

Thank you for looking.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, always love your "star-rotations" Wink

How do you shoot there ? f22 in bulb enough ? or do you use extra grey-filters to make shutter speed extra long ?

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Great shots, always love your "star-rotations" Wink

How do you shoot there ? f22 in bulb enough ? or do you use extra grey-filters to make shutter speed extra long ?

Cheers
Tobias

The star trails are 15s, ISO800 and f/4 but the buildings are overexposed.
The buildings are 15s, ISO800 and f/11 but the stars are underexposed.
Merge these two and you have well exposed star trails and buildings.

To make star trails, I stack the images in PS. In this case, I made 90 images for the star trails (i.e. a bit more then 20min). I open all 90 at the same time, making them different layers. I than merge the 90 layers in Lighten modus. And voila, star trails.
There is a lot of post-processing involved in the star trail image, but there is no other way Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good photos (i like the one with the star trail's )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots fotomachi and thanks for explaining your technique Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a lot of work but amazing results. Well done!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: City of the Mustard Shitters Reply with quote

fotomachi wrote:

This is very beautiful, and the crop/composition is insightful!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, didn't know it about the mustard shitters Smile My father- and mother in law live in Diest Very Happy Laughing Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perry76 wrote:
cool, didn't know it about the mustard shitters Smile My father- and mother in law live in Diest Very Happy Laughing Twisted Evil

It's quite an area over there, you know... If you go north, you enter the Kempen (*cough*); if you go to the east, you enter Limburg (*cough**cough**cough*) and the other directions will lead you into the Moron Triangle (Debielendriehoek). Perhaps mustard shitter is not too bad after all Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!!! 90 layers? Yikes!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect result after prof. planning an executing

90 layers ??
after 20 times reanimating my PC i´d give up.......

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work.
Loved your stars Razz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing work Shocked .....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotomachi wrote:
Perry76 wrote:

It's quite an area over there, you know... If you go north, you enter the Kempen (*cough*); if you go to the east, you enter Limburg (*cough**cough**cough*) and the other directions will lead you into the Moron Triangle (Debielendriehoek). Perhaps mustard shitter is not too bad after all Smile

I know, I live in the Kempen Smile ( Hoogstraten ) and the Moron Triangle I know too Smile ( Diest, Aarschot and Tienen Razz )

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images. As there's so much work involved in post, wouldn't it be quicker to just draw some trails in? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: WTG! Reply with quote

Very nice work. I've been giggling over this thread title for the last two days. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these photos, they look magical. First one also a bit eerie.