Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

BW landscape
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: BW landscape Reply with quote

...or better cityscape, being made in my home town's center.

The photo is from the first self developed BW film. For the film I thank Bill. He was so kind to sent it together with the Canonet&Konica package. Thanks Bill, although I didn't succeed to scan the Konica&Canonet negatives, yet Sad
Just bought , together with my brother a V200 Epson, which I used it to scan some of this BW Fuji Neopan SS negative I developed yesterday night.
Firsty BW developed, and fisrt mistake. The original begative is much less contrasty. I realised that I had to use at least 30 second more if not 1 minute for the development process. I used what I found at a lab/photo store : Fomadon LQN (no, it's not Fomadon R09 which is more close to Rodinal but some Foma formula). Indicated solution was 1:10 and indicated time for Fomapan 100 : 7-8 minutes. I used 7 minutes fearing to burn the negative but I saw that it wasn't the case. Also I didn't find on the net articles referring to BW Fuji film development with Fomadon LQN developer.
Anyway, here is one shot, corrected by Epson's software :

(c) Cosmin Munteanu

Ricoh XR7/Petri 28mm/Fuji Neopan SS

Thanks again Bill Smile

PS. Sorry for my pretty weak activity in these days Sad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmin, congratulations, at least you had the guts to start, and youjust can get better!
I still have to decide myself to finally take the plunge... I bought part of the equipment, but my incoming house move is making this sort of things complicated for me, because I'd not only need time but also piece of mind.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmin
If this is a first go you did wonderfully.
There is a nice range of tones and you are thinking already what you would try next time.
I hope not to sound like some sort of authority as that is not the case.
It is plain to see from this shot that you will be in no time Very Happy

About the shot
I love the composition. The exposure looks a bit hot but very effective overall. When exposing for wet prints this is usually a good thing as you can burn in to get more dark tones.
With scanning it does not seem as easy and I struggle with many of my old negatives that where successful in printing (but not for scanning).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice and serene scene, Cosmin! That Neopan roll originally came from
Andy, and Orio has another roll I believe. I've saved the rest for myself
since we're going into B&W country very soon! Wink Congrats on your
first developing, looks great!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great result !
I like your style very much ...

Cheers
Tobias