Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Record II 6x9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Agfa is a piece of junk. All negatives are blurred, in spite of my accurate metering and f/11 exposures.

Sad

-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing that looks like light leaks? Is there someone that repairs lenses
in your area? Sounds like someone tried to clean lens and didn't reassemble correctly.

Very sorry to hear your experiences, but I think the camera is
salvageable.

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Nothing that looks like light leaks? Is there someone that repairs lenses
in your area? Sounds like someone tried to clean lens and didn't reassemble correctly.
Very sorry to hear your experiences, but I think the camera is
salvageable.
Bill

I don't know, it's so just totally out of focus. At f/11, at least something should be detailed in the frame, but no.
It looks like when you try to focus at infinite with a lens attached to extension tubes.
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you have someone that can take a look at it. Sounds like the lens
wasn't put back together correctly. Gosh, and the body looks so pristine,
too!

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Hope you have someone that can take a look at it. Sounds like the lens
wasn't put back together correctly. Gosh, and the body looks so pristine,
too!

Bill

I don't know if I feel like spending further money on this camera. If I was the dishonest kind, I would resell it. But I am the idiot kind, so I don't resell to others things that I know don't work.

Now I understand why the camera was in such pristine condition. And I even gave super positive feedback to the seller. Bah. More fool me.

-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Now I understand why the camera was in such pristine condition. And I even gave super positive feedback to the seller. Bah. More fool me.

-

Oh, I've been there, too! Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, do a couple of scans, anyway, and post them. Maybe Veijo can do a diagnoses on what's wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least my father's Super Ikonta still works well:

-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is a NICE shot! Love the vantage point, great comp! I'm glad
you didn't come away completely emptyhanded!

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Orio, do a couple of scans, anyway, and post them. Maybe Veijo can do a diagnoses on what's wrong.

There's no point, everything is blurred. Just take one of your photos and set Gaussian blur to 200 or so, voilŕ here's one of my photos.
Besides, I would have to crop the frame, my scanner does not seem to recognize the 6x9 format, it always cuts as it was a 6x6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my Epson software I can cookie cut exactly what I want scanned.

Hummm...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Wow, that is a NICE shot! Love the vantage point, great comp!

Well, a bit slanted, perhaps I had too much Gutturnio at lunch! Laughing
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's Gutturnio, a wine or beer?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
What's Gutturnio, a wine or beer?

Gutturnio is a red wine that is typical of my province. Light in alcohol content, is good for lunch.

Perhaps you can googletranslate this:
http://www.vinipiacentini.net/vinipiacentini/gutturnio.php

Here almost no one makes beer. Only big industries, and a very very few individuals. Small and medium size farms all make wine.

-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My kind of place, I don't much care for beer. The wine sounds great!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a celebration for the "vino novello" today here in Salso.
They will offer wine in the historical piazza of our town.

Vino novello is the new wine of this year, that you drink only after one month of seasoning. Of course it does not taste like normal wine, it's different, but there is people who like it a lot and wait all year for this moment.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one from the Super Ikonta.
I was almost killed to take this shot. The car was coming FAST.

Pardon the dust Rolling Eyes

-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niblue wrote:

Unfortunately I've not been further south in Italy than Venice (we visited again this summer) however all this talk of wine and scenery means I'll need to get down there sometime.

It's not really much more south than Venice here, only a few degrees. It's mostly more west.
The red arrow indicates approximately where my town is (click on thumbnail):

-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
My kind of place, I don't much care for beer. The wine sounds great!

I prefer wine too, but I also love beer, but the best beers that I can find are German, we don't make good beers here, perhaps this is why so few people makes it.

-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, how far is Lake Como from you?

I like this second shot very much! Too bad you couldn't have waited
for the car to come closer, I'm kidding.

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Orio, how far is Lake Como from you?

About 1,5 to 2 hours drive depending on how fast.

Katastrofo wrote:
I like this second shot very much! Too bad you couldn't have waited
for the car to come closer, I'm kidding.

That would have made the film plane really flat, I suppose.

-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

That would have made the film plane really flat, I suppose.

-

If I interpreted this correctly... Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niblue wrote:
Orio wrote:
It's not really much more south than Venice here, only a few degrees. It's mostly more west.

I've been fairly close then as I've been to Milan for F1 Grand Prix a few years back, and this summer we drove down from Austria (we have a motorhome) to near Milan before taking the A4 to Venice.
On the way back north we took a different route and went through Cortina d'Ampezzo before cutting across to the Brenner Pass.

Yes, Milano is near here (1 hour car) but completely different in landscape, as Milano is flat (and ugly, might I add), while here we are on the beginning of the Apennines, sweet hills landscape, really countryside area, I thank God every day for that. I hate big cities.

Next January I'll probably have to go to Los Angeles for work and I am already crying. I hate airplanes and I hate what I could see of Los Angeles from the pictures and movies. I hate cars and smog and confusion and criminality and ugly urban landscapes.

On the contrary, I would love to visit Scotland one day. Whenever I see pictures of your landscape, my heart opens.
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

niblue wrote:

It sounds like you'd very much like the far North West of Scotland - it has a wild and remote feeling that it's difficult to get in other parts of Europe apart from perhaps Norway.

Absolutely YES.
It's not casual - I lived one year in Stavanger and the countryside and fjords of Rogaland are pretty much like that - perhaps a little rokier than than (yours greener), but much similar.
I will get back to Norway one day and I will surely visit the north of Scotland.
If in January I don't get crashed on some skyscraper by some muslim terrorist, that is.

Quote:
I had a few days up there in September - just me and my cameras, no wife & kids - and managed to get some decent pictures http://www.pbase.com/niblue/nw_september_2007

Great, this evening or tomorrow I will visit your gallery with much interest, now I have to complete setting up my pictures from yesterday.

-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although we are off-topic, I have to add my particular wish to visit the northwest of Scotland, and hope to get there some day.

I truly feel that I live in a beautiful and unique place here, in proximity to Olympic National Park. I've made the Olympic peninsula my "home base" for my hiking and backcountry forays into high meadows, rocky spires, and sparkling subalpine cirques and lakes.

I hosted a 12-person group last year on the peninsula, and everyone agreed that this had been their best trip in many years. It truly does have a relation to the photographic opportunities; within the 50x40 mile confines of the national park are wilderness ocean beaches, temperate rain forest valleys, and highland meadows. On the west side, some years there are 240 inches of rain in a season, yet on the east side in the "rain shadow" the average is 15 inches per year.