Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A New Camera for My Addiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: A New Camera for My Addiction Reply with quote

Forgive me. Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks gorgeous!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We forgive you! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's superb!. In your hands it will be a gun, for sure.
Have you got a neck strap?.
I had to buy one for my 645E, these cameras are too heavy to be carried by the hands only. The first tine I went out with it, I was scared to not to drop it accidentally. I got a strap from eBay Click here to see on Ebay. It has a wide neoprene area where the weight is comfortably spread. Very useful for street shooting.

Jes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Got one too! Reply with quote

My goodness, who is stalking whom? lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do 3 uploads the next 3 days, and you will be forgiven Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snap - in more ways than one.... Laughing Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! What a beauty! Congtatulations, Larry!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all! Guess I AM forgiven then... Cool

It's a fairly heavy beast, especially in combination with my heavier Slik 322AF tripod, and that big ol' Slik Trigger Handle Ball Head! However, it's not THAT much more than the Pentax 645.

I have an old 1960s paisley neck strap that fits very nicely, although I look like a throwback to the Hippie Generation with it. Probably won't use it all that much, as I plan on 80-90% tripod use with this beast.

I'm looking forward to that "extra bit of real estate" with the 6x7 format, and I also have my eye on a 6x8 back.

The "instant switch" to vertical by turning the revolving back is a treasure!

I'll be soon attempting to ruin my first roll of film, as I get familiar with loading the insert, as well as trying to work my way past all the interlocks (dark slide pulled out, servo on "M", shutter cocked, film advanced, mirror up)...

Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch Maestro! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, one of the Jedi Knights of the forum should have a good quality
lightsabre, congrats! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Larry:

Check the light seals on the revolving adapter and the RFH before you load any film. Chances are they'll be shot like mine, although my RB came with the later Pro SD RFH which doesn't have foam light seals and is better in that regard.

The revolving adapter has one light seal on each side while the Pro-S RFH will have several in various places.

If you plan to get extra backs, go for the Pro-SD ones as they don't have foam light seals and have a rear slot for the dark slide which is better than hanging it off the camera.... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila, Bill, Bob!

The light seals look new to me, so I think I'm fine there... Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure by touching them to see if they're sticky Larry - if they are, you need new ones. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gratz mate! It's a beauty (and it's also in my to buy list and sooner or later...)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Laurence!
this one look like new

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
Make sure by touching them to see if they're sticky Larry - if they are, you need new ones. Smile

Thank you Bob! They are all "dry" and "foamy" EXCEPT for the upper edge of the film holder seal...it is sticky...now I wonder if that one semi-sticky edge will foul me up.

I will look on eBay to see about getting a set of foam seals, since if ONE is sticky, I must assume that ALL will be getting sticky soon.

Larry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on where and how compressed the foam is, you may get a light leak or bits of the old foam making their way into the RFH and perhaps onto the film.

Japanese pre-cut seal kit available here although the RB shown isn't a Pro-S and has a seal on the back of the actual body - my Pro-S has the seal on the rotating adapter itself:
http://aki-asahi.com/store/html/Mamiya-RB67/Light-seal/index.php

I've dealt with Mr Asahi before with no problems - just over a week for a curtain material and leatherette order to travel from Japan to the UK.

US based Jon Goodman DIY kit here (Not dealt with him myself but he has a good reputation on some forums as does Mr Asahi):
Click here to see on Ebay

Installation instructions here:
http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/seal/RB67_FilmBack.pdf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is nice. Really nice.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bit of kit, Larry.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, nice to see appropriate gear for your caliber of work.

One question . . .

Are you compensating for short lenses with big cameras? Laughing
Wink
Jim