Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss and Meyer books with serial numbers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Zeiss and Meyer books with serial numbers Reply with quote

Today at noon in front of my house door I have found a long awaited package. Content? Books!

There are three big books about Carl Zeiss production, the first book goes from the beginning to 1927, the second book (way the largest) covers all Jena production from 1927 until the end of the Jena factory (1991), and the third book covers the production of the west Zeiss at Oberkochen, from post WWII until today.
The two smaller books are, one again about Carl Zeiss Jena, and the other one is about the whole production of Meyer-Optik Goerlitz.

It was a big purchase (about 150 Euros) but hopefully one that will provide good info forever. Thanks much to Klaus (KDS) for pointing us to the books and the shop.

The books reconstruct, for each lens, the production story, the years, serial numbers, batches, and they are very complete.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Congrats!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!

now we know who to ask Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an excellent addition to any bookshelf.
Now, about this lens... Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartmut Thiele has written quite a few books on the production history of more then a few European camera and lens manufacturers.Here are a few links to ordering some of his books.

http://www.lindemanns.de/shop/fotobuchhandlung/64015t-thiele-hartmut-fabrikationsbuch-photooptik-ii.php

Meyer Optik
http://www.lindemanns.de/shop/fotobuchhandlung/64066m-meyer-optik-thiele-hartmut-kleines-fabrikationsbuch-meyer-optik.php?sid=4bf57708dbb09&ruck=64020t-thiele-hartmut-fabrikationsbuch-photooptik-iii.php

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!, but you've missed to order Hartrmut's Schneider-Kreuznach books!

Greetings
Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exaklaus wrote:
Great!, but you've missed to order Hartrmut's Schneider-Kreuznach books!

Greetings
Klaus

I didn't have enough money on my prepaid card Embarassed
I'll buy it next round when Leica book is released Smile

EDIT: BTW Klaus, do you know of a way to contact him? I have found some empties or quirks in his Oberkochen book.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thiele is a well known author about lenses. Perhaps the greatest expert concerning old German glass.

Since he is also the publisher of most of his books, you should be able to contact him via the publisher's address.

I'd gladly offer you help in translating into German, Orio.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the look of the Meyer Gorlitz book, but I don't read German Sad No english translation I suppose?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really needs a heck of german understanding to translate
12.10.1953 9.345.789 Tessar M42
I guess - would that be English, I would be totally lost... Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good photo, Klaus, much sexier than mine Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not mine, from Zeiss, I had shown that already in my original announcement of these books. It shows also the inside and that no language skills are needed to understand these lists.