Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor 85mm f/2 ai. My God, the thing is tiny!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

Yes, it's really small for an 85 - not much bigger than a 55. I'll be interested to hear how you like it. Some people think it's great while others don't think it's so great.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Yes, it's really small for an 85 - not much bigger than a 55. I'll be interested to hear how you like it. Some people think it's great while others don't think it's so great.

Yeah I know I’m curious too

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashica DS 28mm f/2.8
Yashinon preset 5cm f/2.8 (such a small lens)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:

This lens is capa le of very good portrait. Not as contrast as the 85/1,8. But attractive rendering to me

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
I'm waiting for my new Sony

24/1,4 G M

Now I have the 20/1,8G, 35/1,4G. 135/1,8GM and the new 24/1,4GM.

And the Voigtlander macro apo Lanthar 65/2.

All nice lenses

Now it's with me.

I will sell the 35/1,4.

The 20, 24, 65 and 135 is my team by now

The 50/1,1 7 Artisans has it own place but I don't know which is till now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally got my hands on a Tamron SP 350mm/f5.6 mirror (with matched 2x teleconverter), hoping it improves my birding in poor light.. had same hopes for the Sigma 400/5.6 but didnt really pan out, this seems head and shoulders above it already though

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

This lens is capa le of very good portrait. Not as contrast as the 85/1,8. But attractive rendering to me

Some say the f/2 is better. I guess I have to find out myself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

£20 eBay find - of the Buy It Now, read the description after type. A lens I've never expected to own as the asking price is high and the uses seemed limited, Tamron's SP 70-150mm f/2.8 Soft. Cosmetically but after a quick clean it turned out fungus free (Yay!) and only had a bit of internal crud.

Surprisingly, from some quick tests, there is good sharpness in evidence when soft focus is switched off. That and it being quite compact for an f/2.8 tele-zoom could make it a handy walk around short telephoto zoom. On the other side, it does suffer from egregious amounts of focus breathing.

Sample shot of our Christmas flowers, with the soft effect dialled up, below;

[img][/img]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bp_reid wrote:
£20 eBay find - of the Buy It Now, read the description after type. A lens I've never expected to own as the asking price is high and the uses seemed limited, Tamron's SP 70-150mm f/2.8 Soft. Cosmetically but after a quick clean it turned out fungus free (Yay!) and only had a bit of internal crud.

Surprisingly, from some quick tests, there is good sharpness in evidence when soft focus is switched off. That and it being quite compact for an f/2.8 tele-zoom could make it a handy walk around short telephoto zoom. On the other side, it does suffer from egregious amounts of focus breathing.

Sample shot of our Christmas flowers, with the soft effect dialled up, below;

Thanks for sharing. That was a deal for this lens. Do you happen to have some shots with the soft effect turned on and off? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
... Do you happen to have some shots with the soft effect turned on and off? Thanks.

+1 bp_reid. If you find the time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snapped up a Yashinon 5cm F2 lens on Buyee barely under the 22 euro mark (to avoid handling and VAT) 21,89 (more but customs doesn't now about the paypal exchange rate) So hoping the Euro keeps it value compared to the yen when it comes in. I had it in my list for some time but always it was just over 3000 yen or something or the auction went over the price. This was just buyitnow.

Seller pic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Snapped up a Yashinon 5cm F2 lens on Buyee barely under the 22 euro mark (to avoid handling and VAT) 21,89 (more but customs doesn't now about the paypal exchange rate) So hoping the Euro keeps it value compared to the yen when it comes in. I had it in my list for some time but always it was just over 3000 yen or something or the auction went over the price. This was just buyitnow.

Seller pic

One of my favorite standard lenses. I have a second one coming, on top of a Yashica J-3 body.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess there will be less lenses from the UK for me for now on since I get a 21% mark up + handling costs for anything over 22 euro... Stupid Boris.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
I guess there will be less lenses from the UK for me for now on since I get a 21% mark up + handling costs for anything over 22 euro... Stupid Boris.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Is this a tax you have to pay to your country now for items bought and coming from the UK ? Where are you situated ? I've been buying from there too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phalbert wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Is this a tax you have to pay to your country now for items bought and coming from the UK ? Where are you situated ? I've been buying from there too.
VAT for imports over 22 EU. And this also adds handling costs. Though most sellers use the international shipping program. You still pay tax, handling costs probably lower, because Pitney Bowes handles them and not postnl. If you are in the US (or Namibia Wink nothing changes, because you are not part of the EU.

Last edited by D1N0 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd computation of the Konica AR 2.8/24mm - not yet arrived, though. It's a lens that is rather rare here in Switzerland. Usually I've seen it going for around CHF/EUR/USD 300.--. It's sister lens, the Konica AR 2.8/21mm, went even up to CHF 600.-- on a local auction, a few years ago. This time I was more lucky, and I'm really courious as to how the AR 2.8/24mm (II) behaves.

S

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Thanks for sharing. That was a deal for this lens. Do you happen to have some shots with the soft effect turned on and off? Thanks.

I deleted all the other tests as they were satisfactory. I will be moving home next week but will try to do some shots after the move.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Industar 37.
Posted exactly two months ago to the day - from Russia. Arrived today.
It will go on the 10X8 camera that I am building.
I am comfortable with the woodwork but I will definitely need help with the bellows.
Smile
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 nice Tom!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject: PORST Weitwinkel 1:2.8 28mm auto F Reply with quote

I have just bought another one of a long list of Porst and Revuenon lenses. This one is a late MC wide angle in PK mount:
PORST Weitwinkel 1:2.8 28mm auto F (58mm filter)
What makes me curious about these lenses is the incredible number of different varieties, makers, mounts, etc.
Some are Tomioka, others are Cosina, Sun, Mitakon, and I'm sure some other makers.
Other MC objectives in PK mount were made by Sun, but this one doesn't look like any other I already have.
What do you think? Any idea?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: PORST Weitwinkel 1:2.8 28mm auto F Reply with quote

cyberjunkie wrote:

I have just bought another one of a long list of Porst and Revuenon lenses. This one is a late MC wide angle in PK mount:
PORST Weitwinkel 1:2.8 28mm auto F (58mm filter)
What makes me curious about these lenses is the incredible number of different varieties, makers, mounts, etc.
Some are Tomioka, others are Cosina, Sun, Mitakon, and I'm sure some other makers.
Other MC objectives in PK mount were made by Sun, but this one doesn't look like any other I already have.
What do you think? Any idea?

I have a copy of this Porst lens, a decent performer. It is also available badged as Soligor, with a '4' serial number, indicating one of the companies comprising Sun/Goyo.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/for-OLYMPUS-OM-WIDE-28mm-f-2-8-SOLIGOR-MC-Auto-Vintage-Lens-for-SLR-DSLR-CAMERA/203214773611?hash=item2f508b5d6b:g:YH4AAOSwEflf0mPG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soligor-FD-28mm-f2-8-Lens-manual-focus-with-aperture-ring-stuck-AS-IS-PARTS/173626866203?hash=item286cf7ba1b:g:69AAAOSwz05b4fAU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rubber of the focusing ring and the shape / design of the aperture ring match the tokina RMC / SZX series style of the time. See the 28-70 szx or 25-50 rmc.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor Ai-S 20mm f/2.8. The 3.5 would have been fine as well, but I found a really good 2.8 for the price a 3.5 usually fetches.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Nikkor Ai-S 20mm f/2.8. The 3.5 would have been fine as well, but I found a really good 2.8 for the price a 3.5 usually fetches.

Like 1 small