Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samyang 12mm f2 in Sony E mount (photo courtesy of seller).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOI prototype of the Uran-27 100mm/2.5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor Ai 135mm f/2 😎.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Nikkor Ai 135mm f/2 😎.

That's a really nice one for b/w portraits! I have the AiS version, usually using it together with the AiS 1.8/105mm.

S

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto sears 55mm f/1.8 (didn't see it popping up very often). Could it be Mamiya?

Photo from seller.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Nikkor Ai 135mm f/2 😎.

Nice.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
Nikkor Ai 135mm f/2 😎.

That's a really nice one for b/w portraits! I have the AiS version, usually using it together with the AiS 1.8/105mm.

S

Why is that? Microcontrast?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Auto sears 55mm f/1.8 (didn't see it popping up very often). Could it be Mamiya?

Photo from seller.

Well, the camera is Ricoh so ... ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:

Photo from seller.

I think it is the same as the Mamiya.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
stevemark wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
Nikkor Ai 135mm f/2 😎.

S

Why is that? Microcontrast?

Both lenses have visible CAs wide open, and both lenses have a relatively low contrast and a high resolution wide open. Dealling with the CAs sometimes can be a bit tricky, and besides I usually prefer b/w for portraits anyway. Focal lengths of 100 (105)mm, 135mm and 180 (200)mm are ideal for me, so i'm not a 85mm portrait shooter!

That said, most of my portraits are made with the A900 (not with the A7 series) because of its still unique DRO (Dynamic Range Optimization) which works quite different than the DRO of the A700 and the A7 series.

S

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:

Photo from seller.

Well, the camera is Ricoh so ... ?

Ricoh or Sears TLS' 55mm f/1.4 is said to be made by Cosina or Tomioka. So most likely the 55mm f/1.8 could also be Cosina.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:

Photo from seller.

Now I am now sure anymore. Could also be Cosina? But Cosina never seems to have a 55mm f/1.8. Anyway, will test it out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:

Photo from seller.

Now I am now sure anymore. Could also be Cosina? But Cosina never seems to have a 55mm f/1.8. Anyway, will test it out.

Mamiya didn't produce all of their own lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica AR 2.8/24mm, second computation:

It's lens section being slightly un-conventional (compared to the AR 2.8/24mm [first computation] which closely follows the construction of the Nikkor 2.8/24mm and th Minolta 2.8/24mm), I've been curious abouts its performance for quite some time. Turns out it is nothing exceptional; for landscape photography the Canon nFD 2.8/24mm and the Minolta MD-III 2.8/24mm deliver more detail in the f2.8 ... f5.6 range.

Nevertheless it's a nice (and surprisingly small!) addition to my Konica AR collection.

S

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta Auto Rokkor 3.5/200mm:

I ran into this lens - which I've never seen before here in Switzerland - rather accidentally. It was part of an entire lot of vintage Minolta gear: a few SLRs, maybe ten lenses ... I had seen the listing and suspected a MC-I 1.2/58mm being part of the lot (the images were not conclusive), and so I made an appointment to see the stuff. No MC-I 1.2/58mm, sadly, and most other things not really interesting to me. Therefore I left the opportunity to somebody else. Later on I got in contact with the buyer, and he was happy to sell me the AR 3.5/200mm, including a working Minolta SR-7 and its fairly common Auto Rokkor 1.8/55mm lens.

Should be the same computation asl the later MC 3.5/200mm lens, but maybe there were some incremental improvements. At least my MC-X 3.5/200mm seems to better than my MC-I/MC-II 3.5/200mm when compared side-by-side. I haven't yet checked the AR 3.5/200mm yet, though ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
caspert79 wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:

Photo from seller.

Mamiya didn't produce all of their own lenses.

Yes, that seems the concensus on this forum. By Mamiya, I actually meant its manufacturer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They guy who sent me the wrong SMC-M 50mm 1:2. Heavily fungussed, replaced it with a another wrong one. The version with the plastic barrel. Lightly fungussed. I've had it so i will leave it be. Quickly cleaned the second one he sent, and will have a try on the second. Stangely the metal one was made in Taiwan while the plastic one doesn't say so and has Japan on the name ring. It is also lighter. 135 vs 161 grams. Distance markings are printed on the barrel rather than engraved, so they can wear off. You can recognize the metal version by the horizontal ridge on the ring with the aperture scale on it. The plastic version has two vertical ridges around the distance scale window. Now I am wondering if there are also Japan metal versions and Taiwan plastic ones :p
SMC Pentax-m 50mm 1:2 Two version by The lens profile, on Flickr
SMC Pentax-m 50mm 1:2 Two version by The lens profile, on Flickr

Quick search. Here is a metal one that says Japan on the name ring:

And This plastic one does not say Japan:

So there are at least 4 versions. Plastic or Metal, made in Japan or Taiwan. But later versions had an altered aperture mechanism. More like an A-lens so there may even be 4 more versions. Later metal/plastic/Japan/Taiwan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange Canon lens. I guess 40mm thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new baby.

The serial number suggests 1951. It's clearly a U.S. import because it has non-metric focus scale. Overall it's in superb condition with no sign of ever having been opened or tampered with. The little white speck near the center of the front element is a bubble, FWIW. Performance seems to be as good as I was hoping, but thorough testing will have to wait for Spring.

And thus I dip my toe into the Contax RF mount. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
My new baby.

pic

The serial number suggests 1951. It's clearly a U.S. import because it has non-metric focus scale. Overall it's in superb condition with no sign of ever having been opened or tampered with. The little white speck near the center of the front element is a bubble, FWIW. Performance seems to be as good as I was hoping, but thorough testing will have to wait for Spring.

Very nice catch!

Could it be a UK import?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Could it be a UK import?

Yes, it's possible. U.S. or U.K. certainly, though I got it here in the U.S.

I'd wanted one of these for a long time because I like my Jupiter-9s so much.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
My new baby.

Nice one!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

That should be a Microfiche Reader (MR) lens!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kds315*"]
blotafton wrote:

Thanks! I couldn't find much by just googling the lens name.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="blotafton"]
kds315* wrote:
blotafton wrote:

Thanks! I couldn't find much by just googling the lens name.

I have several of those, as usually very sharp they are; but that one was new to me, too!