Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I've been slack!

Oh I bought a Pentax Super A with a 50mm f2 and 135mm f3.5 as a present for a Nikon loyal friend Razz

He still prefers his FM2 Razz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bought a lens for a while now....... The last was Leitz Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8

Delivered this week though was a Tinray Helicoid adapter for Leica M > Sony E for use with the Leitz 90 & the most used CV40 Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJB
I liked my Topcon 35mm RE so much I bought another one. I think you will like it as well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the latest:

Cosina Voigtlander Super-Wide-Heliar 15mm F4.5 III ($635)
Auto Miranda 50mm F1.4 (free)
Auto Miranda 28mm F2.8 (free)
Tamron Adaptall-2 500mm F8 55BB + 2X telecon 01F (free)
C.E Rokkor 50mm F2.8 second copy ($55)
CZJ MC Biometer 80mm F2.8 ($115)

Last edited by koji on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a couple of Kirons 105/2.8, they were so cheap I could not resist.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee wrote " The last was Leitz Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8 "

+1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imagedit wrote:
MEYER-OPTIK GORLITZ LYDITH 3.5/30

and

Ludwig Dresden Victar 3.5 5cm (needs adapting)
Laugh 1

The Lydith is a beautiful lens. Super sharp in the centre.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer 40mm f4.5 Helioplan...

Pentax K 28mm f3.5 +hood both mint.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Sounds interesting.
How will you mount and use them - just curious to know.
Ta
OH

I've found 2 adapters on ebay, both were sold. So i emailed the maker and now he has built one for me! As soon as it is here i will post pics of the adapter and lenses!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

Sounds interesting.
How will you mount and use them - just curious to know.
Ta
OH

I've found 2 adapters on ebay, both were sold. So i emailed the maker and now he has built one for me! As soon as it is here i will post pics of the adapter and lenses!

Many thanks.
I have often wondered about using these lenses but adapters seem to be bespoke.
I am very interested to see the results
OH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
A set of 3 UV Topcor lenses (3.5/35 2.0/53 4/135), yes, the ones with the "weird" mount.... they look and feel really nice, looking forward to using them, just out of curiosity!

That's funny. UV Topcors have also been my last ones to complete my collection (100 & 200 mm). So I've all now from 28 to 200mm. Wink
Fortunately I've also the original UV to RE (Exakta) adapter for them:
http://forum.mflenses.com/topcon-uni-and-uv-topcor-lenses-t72496.html

I am also concentrating more on shooting nowadays. Wink
So I am almost cured....

BTW, the UV Topcors are widely underrated. They deliver quite stunning results. I've made also some comparisons betw. RE and UV ones and there is not much difference. Some of those pictures can be seen in the forum as well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
TrueLoveOne wrote:
A set of 3 UV Topcor lenses (3.5/35 2.0/53 4/135), yes, the ones with the "weird" mount.... they look and feel really nice, looking forward to using them, just out of curiosity!

That's funny. UV Topcors have also been my last ones to complete my collection (100 & 200 mm). So I've all now from 28 to 200mm. Wink
Fortunately I've also the original UV to RE (Exakta) adapter for them:
http://forum.mflenses.com/topcon-uni-and-uv-topcor-lenses-t72496.html

I am also concentrating more on shooting nowadays. Wink
So I am almost cured....

BTW, the UV Topcors are widely underrated. They deliver quite stunning results. I've made also some comparisons betw. RE and UV ones and there is not much difference. Some of those pictures can be seen in the forum as well.

I'm not so much into them, I prefer the "R" or "RE" types much better, but admittedly those are more expensive...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

I'm not so much into them, I prefer the "R" or "RE" types much better, but admittedly those are more expensive...

That's exactly the advantage of the UV versions. They are still available for next to nothing. Wink
In that respect they deliver very good quality for the price. My comparison with the two 100mm versions didn't show much difference. The RE version is just a little bit faster (F2.8 instead of F4). For the RE version you have to spend more than 200 Euro and the UV might be available for only 10 Euro. Wink
So the difference in price is much bigger than the difference in quality.

Watch this: http://forum.mflenses.com/uv-topcor-100mm-f4-on-aps-c-t72494.html and judge yourself.
In this thread you'll find also the links for the already tested 28 and 35mm versions.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuzki with lens

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

I am very interested to see the results
OH

So am i! Can't wait for the adapter to arrive, may take some time though because it's almost x-mas.

tb_a wrote:

They deliver quite stunning results. I've made also some comparisons betw. RE and UV ones and there is not much difference. Some of those pictures can be seen in the forum as well.

Yes, i have seen those, they came up in my search after i had bought them! That original adapter is a really rare item, i'm glad i found someone who makes a NEX adapter at a reasonable price. I will show it here on MF as soon as i have it.

I did not know these lenses were so cheap before, must be due to the fact that they are not easily adaptable. I think it's worth trying to complete the range as well, they are very well made items. I bought these 3 together with a Wink Mirror S, all like new, for 20 euros. It wasn't my intention to start another collection.... but sometimes it's so hard to say no to such beautiful equipment at these prices!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:

It wasn't my intention to start another collection.... but sometimes it's so hard to say no to such beautiful equipment at these prices!!

That was exactly my motivation as well... Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rollei CZ Distagon 25mm/f2,8
Yesterday shots:
[img]

[/img]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last purchased lens is a Vivitar close focus 135mm 2.8.
No blingbling, just a black one with K/AR mount, to use on my Nex.
Not too easy to handle for me, I have to practice somewhat more to obtain nice pictures with this lens.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received two more packages today, with a Ultron 1.8/50 and a very minty prominent Nokton. Has expected slight hazing, but otherwise it's beautiful. Too bad I don't have a camera to use it on, it will have to sit on the shelf while I figure something out or decide to sell for decent profit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
JJB
I liked my Topcon 35mm RE so much I bought another one. I think you will like it as well.

I just forgot to bid on a black mint topcor 35/2.8 Sad It went for a little 55$USD Sad

Anyone can help me? I can't open this camera case. Inside lies a Boyer Paris Topaz folding lens.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowcat wrote:
Fujiko Anastigmat Terionar 75/3.5 along with the camera Smile

Do you plan to use it as is, or detact the lens and use on a modern (digital) camera?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a Meyer optiks diaplan 3.5 80 for only 15 euros. it came with a projector attached Wink
I 3D printed a quick and dirty M39 adapter and tried some shots to test its bokeh:
Here it the first result...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
My last purchased lens is a Vivitar close focus 135mm 2.8.
No blingbling, just a black one with K/AR mount, to use on my Nex.

Similar here -- my most recent purchase is a Vivitar 135/2.8 CF, but in K-mount trim to use on my Pentax K-3 -

Smile

Last edited by fwcetus on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aeropic wrote:
Just bought a Meyer optiks diaplan 3.5 80 for only 15 euros. it came with a projector attached Wink
I 3D printed a quick and dirty M39 adapter and tried some shots to test its bokeh:
Here it the first result...

can ypu show photo of your 3D printed adapter??