Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
kds315* wrote:
Well, I made myself a Christmas present, bought as a set (advertised as never been used outside)...

1) 1:4.5/105mm UV Nikkor

Second copy?

Well, important tools need a backup, and it is my most important one Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M42 Takumar 1:2 f=58mm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron SP 5.6/200-500mm (not yet arrived)
Tamron SP 3.5-4/70-210mm (not yet arrived)

S

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
M42 Takumar 1:2 f=58mm

That sounds like fun Wink Hope to see some nice b/w portraits taken with it !!

Enjoy Wink

S

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soligor 25mm f/2.8.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super BALTAR f2/75mm in makers box Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konica Hexanon AR 50mm 1.4 (on Autoreflex T3)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Godfather lens?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Godfather lens?

WOW, you know!! YESSS!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for my new Sony

24/1,4 G M

Now I have the 20/1,8G, 35/1,4G. 135/1,8GM and the new 24/1,4GM.

And the Voigtlander macro apo Lanthar 65/2.

All nice lenses

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMC Pentax 120mm f/2.8. So the 'K' version, not the M. Anybody experience with it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
I'm waiting for my new Sony

24/1,4 G M

Now I have the 20/1,8G, 35/1,4G. 135/1,8GM and the new 24/1,4GM.

And the Voigtlander macro apo Lanthar 65/2.

All nice lenses

Like 1 Like 1 small

I wish I could have budget for the G/GM lenses. My only AF lenses in E mount is E16, FE28 and Tamron 28-75.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
SMC Pentax 120mm f/2.8. So the 'K' version, not the M. Anybody experience with it?

Tiny bit with m42 S-M-C, I think same optics, a little soft wide open sharpens by 1 or 2 stops closed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

Tiny bit with m42 S-M-C, I think same optics, a little soft wide open sharpens by 1 or 2 stops closed.

Thanks! Let's see if it's a keeper.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Yashinon-R (Kyoei) 25cm F4 Sonnar Type. A previous owner had treated it extremely roughly trying to remove the pentamatic mount, hard to do if you don't disassemble correctly. The mount screws to the lens body with a right hand thread and also anchors the helicoid with a left hand thread, so it can't just be unscrewed. The pentamatic mount was more or less destroyed, it would not mount to a pentamatic camera I tried it on. In the end I removed the bayonet with a hacksaw and flat file, then adapted with a 58-52 ring, then a 52-42 helicoid and 42-E adapter.

Fortunately the price was very cheap, and the glass still in good condition, so a cheapish way to try a well respected Kyoei lens from a long way back, in a fairly rare livery.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An unmarked T2 threaded preset 85/1.9 lens. At a guess it looks like a sankor made lens, but with no serial number at all, there's no 'E' suffix to confirm it. It arrived with minor fungus which fortunately cleared easily and with no remaining trace. The lens is a double gauss type. There is some yellowing of the elements, but I'm not sure if it's the coating or evidence of radioactive ingredients.

When I placed my bid, the photos didn't show the name ring, I had hoped it was an Aetna Coligon brand 85/1.9, which apparently came in three distinct variants. I don't know if any of those were Sankor made.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice matched pair of Kaligar lenses, 28/2.8 and 135/2.8. From the focus scale colouring they appear to be Itoh manufactured. I got them for 10 pound each from the same vendor, and at a guess they were bought new by the same person. They are both SR mount, and pretty much in as new condition.

The 28/2.8 is more or less the same lens as this Optomax example, which is the only other Itoh made 28mm I have noticed around. They definitely share the same quite large front element, and noticeably blue lens coating.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:

An unmarked T2 threaded preset 85/1.9 lens. At a guess it looks like a sankor made lens, but with no serial number at all, there's no 'E' suffix to confirm it. It arrived with minor fungus which fortunately cleared easily and with no remaining trace. The lens is a double gauss type. There is some yellowing of the elements, but I'm not sure if it's the coating or evidence of radioactive ingredients.

When I placed my bid, the photos didn't show the name ring, I had hoped it was an Aetna Coligon brand 85/1.9, which apparently came in three distinct variants. I don't know if any of those were Sankor made.

I have a copy identical to yours, which shows the E suffix. Mine has minor haze but I have yet find a way to access the element and clean it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Alun Thomas"

A nice matched pair of Kaligar lenses, 28/2.8 and 135/2.8. From the focus scale colouring they appear to be Itoh manufactured. I got them for 10 pound each from the same vendor, and at a guess they were bought new by the same person. They are both SR mount, and pretty much in as new condition.

The 28/2.8 is more or less the same lens as this Optomax example, which is the only other Itoh made 28mm I have noticed around. They definitely share the same quite large front element, and noticeably blue lens coating.[/quote]

I have a Colt 35mm f/2.8 by Kaligar. Unfortunately, that was the worst 35mm 2.8 I had among all no name lenses.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashica ML 50mm f/1.4 and f/1.7. 1.4 is stuck open and 1.7 has oil on the blades. Kind of disappointed by the build quality, as ML line is supposed to be relatively "modern" and top of the line. Hopefully image quality doesn't disappoint me. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Alun Thomas wrote:

I have a copy identical to yours, which shows the E suffix. Mine has minor haze but I have yet find a way to access the element and clean it.

To get at the front elements, the front group should merely unscrew, it's a right hand thread. Grabbing the front ring on the lens and 'unscrewing' it should suffice. To get at the rear group, remove the single screw on the focus ring which acts as the infinity stop, then rotate toward minimum focus, until the lens goes past where the locating pin holds it in place. Unscrew the lens section from the helicoid section, and then use a rubber ring-unscrewing-device of the correct size if you have one, to remove the rear lens retaining ring. After this the rear elements can be removed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:

Let Sun shine through lens onto white paper -- circle should be white or show yellowing...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Alun Thomas wrote:

To get at the front elements, the front group should merely unscrew, it's a right hand thread. Grabbing the front ring on the lens and 'unscrewing' it should suffice. To get at the rear group, remove the single screw on the focus ring which acts as the infinity stop, then rotate toward minimum focus, until the lens goes past where the locating pin holds it in place. Unscrew the lens section from the helicoid section, and then use a rubber ring-unscrewing-device of the correct size if you have one, to remove the rear lens retaining ring. After this the rear elements can be removed.

Thanks. I roughly remember I removed the front element and found the haze seems behind 2nd element. Let me dig more.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
caspert79 wrote:

same experience too, it is nice and small

I sold mine to a real Pentax-aficionado