SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best shoot taken with manual focus lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuji XT1 camera with 85mm f2.8 Steinheil Culminar.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a look through this thread and realized that the "favorite" I posted was from over 7 years ago. Well, things change and new favorites come and go. So I thought I'd add a few that are currently up there on my favorites list.

I've realized that I have five lenses that are more or less equal in their ability to capture sharp shots of the Moon. I've chosen the Tamron 200-500mm f/5.6 for this shot, just because it's a very interesting lens, and probably the heaviest lens I own.

I found a copy of the cult classic Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 close focus lens in a local camera shop a year or so ago. It was in a junk bin, they were asking $5 for it. The lens is actually in very nice shape and even in Nikon mount. Both of the following pics were taken more-or-lesss back to back. Focus is just a bit on the soft side, but I think that can be attributed to user error and not the lens.

Here's a sharper one from the same session:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked through my flickr and noticed that the most images I ever took are with the 35mm Lamegon:
Just an incredible performer that is, irrespectively of what I used it for...