Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best shoot taken with manual focus lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuji XT1 camera with 85mm f2.8 Steinheil Culminar.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a look through this thread and realized that the "favorite" I posted was from over 7 years ago. Well, things change and new favorites come and go. So I thought I'd add a few that are currently up there on my favorites list.

I've realized that I have five lenses that are more or less equal in their ability to capture sharp shots of the Moon. I've chosen the Tamron 200-500mm f/5.6 for this shot, just because it's a very interesting lens, and probably the heaviest lens I own.

I found a copy of the cult classic Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 close focus lens in a local camera shop a year or so ago. It was in a junk bin, they were asking $5 for it. The lens is actually in very nice shape and even in Nikon mount. Both of the following pics were taken more-or-lesss back to back. Focus is just a bit on the soft side, but I think that can be attributed to user error and not the lens.

Here's a sharper one from the same session:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked through my flickr and noticed that the most images I ever took are with the 35mm Lamegon:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157638525890254
Just an incredible performer that is, irrespectively of what I used it for...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject: Dock in Fog Reply with quote

Nikon D850, 35mm f/1.4 AIS Nikkor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fine picture. Congrats.
It seems there's some distorsion, do you confirm ?