Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Best shoot taken with manual focus lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do modern lenses count if they're manual focus? (I'm assuming so).

In that case the following I took with my Hartblei Super-Rotator 35/2,8 is my current favorite:








If it has to be an "old" manual lens, then the following with my Color-Ultron 50/1,8





PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Congrats! Nice ones really!


PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure which is my best... So here is a new one that I really like ; this picture is also the source of a movie that I am actually writting...

When I've made this picture, I knew that this was really cinema-like.. so I've called it Le film inconnu which mean The unknow movie.

The model is actually a French comedian; yes yes, from France! I am sure that our relationship, which are strictly professionnal, will have some more shootings...Very Happy

Bronica ERTsi, 75mm 2.8, f4, Kodak 400 VC portra +2 push


Now, I really happy that this movie beginning to have a frame of is own...



PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is ! Congrats!


PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:


Bokeh rings of Color-Ultron lens play their own sound.
Like a Doppler effect Smile .
Very musical effect. I like it.


PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opton 80/2.8
early morning 4am
static composition but even so very expressive.


PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emco wrote:
opton 80/2.8
early morning 4am
static composition but even so very expressive.

great one!


PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great gallery ! so far all shots are nice, but rawhead's with the look through the window is my fav. Unfortunately i can't play with you, first cause i'm a rookie ( 1 year of serious photo in august ) and secundo no digital. yet. ( read never )

Wink


PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Do modern lenses count if they're manual focus? (I'm assuming so).

In that case the following I took with my Hartblei Super-Rotator 35/2,8 is my current favorite:






That is REALLY good use of tilt/rotation, well done. Almost all the others I've seen using this for general views have no rhyme or reason for why certain bits are in focus and other bits out.

Congrats also on having a 35mm super-rotator. I got the 65mm and and would have like the shorter one but now, of course, they have discontinued them after selling the design to Zeiss who are going to market them for four or five times the price of Hartblei's version.


PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll join in. This one was taken in June of this year on the beach in Tofino with my Leica R Elmarit 35mm.



PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duckmancgy wrote:
I'll join in. This one was taken in June of this year on the beach in Tofino with my Leica R Elmarit 35mm.



Definitely a beautiful one Shocked !


PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal favourite changes all the time, but right now I think it's this (despite some technical flaws):



Taken with the CZJ MC Sonnar 135mm f/3.5.


PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arkku wrote:
My personal favourite changes all the time, but right now I think it's this (despite some technical flaws):



Taken with the CZJ MC Sonnar 135mm f/3.5.


Superb indeed! Congrats!


PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duckmancgy wrote:
I'll join in. This one was taken in June of this year on the beach in Tofino with my Leica R Elmarit 35mm.



Superb!


PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Takumar 55mm f/1.8

Love the smile in this picture. Makes me wonder of her state of mind.

Super Tak 85mm f/1.9

Dunno why. But I simply love this myself.


PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow some really good shots. I especially love Katastrofo's shot of the wooden thingy, especially the sharp and intricate shadows.

Also, I love voytek's with the great framing. Its like a story, foreground and background with the cue stick bridging the two worlds...

I just started shooting with a MF lens someone from work gave me, but here is my favorite with it so far:



I had wanted to take this shot so many times, but never felt inspired to take the shot until I started shooting with this Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 (on a Nikon D40).


PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CZJ Pancolar 50mm/F1.8 MC



PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CZJ Flektogon 35mm/F2.4 MC



PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what an amazing collection of photos; but i must say i think attila, apollo and voytek just absolutely blow me away! voytek, ive played pool all my life and never saw what you did. apollo, if i could get results like that with my pancolar i would be a happy man. did you use an nd filter? what was your aperture setting?

ive only been shooting mf for about a month and am nowhere in this league, but if you dont play with the best you never improve, right? so here is my favorite so far taken down the road w sigma sd14 and mir 35mm 2.0 at 5.6.



PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
what an amazing collection of photos; but i must say i think attila, apollo and voytek just absolutely blow me away! voytek, ive played pool all my life and never saw what you did. apollo, if i could get results like that with my pancolar i would be a happy man. did you use an nd filter? what was your aperture setting?

ive only been shooting mf for about a month and am nowhere in this league, but if you dont play with the best you never improve, right? so here is my favorite so far taken down the road w sigma sd14 and mir 35mm 2.0 at 5.6.



Thank you, rbelyell!

I didn't use any filter with this shot. The aperture was set at F22 with 1.3" exposure


PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo, thank you for the wonderful image. seriously, i have a beautiful creek bordering my property that i never tire of photographing--i am sure you will see it on my posts!. and i take a fair amount of water shots--if you have a moment take a peak at my recent post of 'jupiter 200mm'--but my shots are 99% handheld. this gives me some incentive to carry out my tripod! really, an stunning shot that really fits my eye.


PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
apollo, thank you for the wonderful image. seriously, i have a beautiful creek bordering my property that i never tire of photographing--i am sure you will see it on my posts!. and i take a fair amount of water shots--if you have a moment take a peak at my recent post of 'jupiter 200mm'--but my shots are 99% handheld. this gives me some incentive to carry out my tripod! really, an stunning shot that really fits my eye.


I do love the tone of that lens!
I believe it is really worthwhile to bring the tripod with you, even if only use it once. Wink


PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: best shoot atm.. Reply with quote

good evening,
i want to share my best mf-picture (from today's point of view Wink ) with you.
The picture is taken with the CZ Sonnar 180/2.8 AE (C/Y) and the EOS 50D.

The Bird is flying over the ground about 1.6meter away from me. The picture is a .jpg file out of the camera.


File hosted by http://www.flickr.com

Original File here:
http://kabraxis.de/samples/sonnar/IMG_9025.JPG
have a nice day


PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simply beautiful!


PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken with a Sony A100 and Vivitar 90mm2.8 macro. I used a Sunpack flat panel flash for lighting.