Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trioplan 2.8/100.....Finally, I've got it
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Trioplan 2.8/100.....Finally, I've got it Reply with quote

The lens was hidden in a room of eBay. It's US $36+15 shipping from USA.

I think this is not just only a lens, it's history as well. "Made in Germany" can tell the era of lens production. Wow....it's cool.

It looks older than Bill's copy but I don't worry. It will be the oldest lens in my collection.

Just wait for it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Pilant! You'll love this lens! You got it for an amazing price.
Be sure to share pics when it arrives...maybe we need to form a
Trioplan club! Laughing

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice old lens! I also think it's older than Bill's copy and my copy. Your Trioplan probably was made before 1949. Since this year east part of Germany had been named "GDR" (German Democratic Republic).
My copy has similar inscription ("Made in Germany") inside front cap. Its serial number is 2588631. I'm interested when my copy was made Smile
I hope, you won't be disappointed and you will take good, "atmospheric" photos!

Bill - club... good idea Very Happy

BTW look at my topic:
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=3186

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many lenses what is made after the war in ~1950 labeled Made in Germany.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess mine is older than many of yours.
Serial number is 1381597
No "Made in Germany" that I can see.

EDIT: Now i see the Made in Germany - fainting writing at the base of the lens.

-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My copy has the number 1334497. Wink

It really is a fantastic lens. But I almost have messed up mine. It had some haze inside and I wanted to remove it. It is not difficult to disassemble this lens, but I made some mistake when re-assembling.
The lens works perfectly, but the focus ring turns a little hard when you reach the 12m meter mark. Embarassed

Well, it works and that is most important.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kb

Last edited by piljke on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piljke I don't I said welcome or not! Welcome to aboard! Nice to see you here !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome piljke !!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kb

Last edited by piljke on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:56 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kb

Last edited by piljke on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hope that in meantime russian digital Zenit 408 comes on market
(full frame manual focus M42 camera 8.3 Meg)

Now what about that??? Shocked
Any official information, sources?

-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About Zenit 408DC:
http://www.zenit.istra.ru/qa/qa-digital.html
It's a project of rather cheap, manual DSLR with M42 screw, manual focus and full frame 8 MP Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxim wrote:
About Zenit 408DC:
It's a project of rather cheap, manual DSLR with M42 screw, manual focus and full frame 8 MP Smile

M42 full frame manual focus digital reflex ?

I want it !!

Project ? Sad

-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that this camera will be produced Smile I can't read the Cyrillic alphabet to learn more about Zenit 408DC...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxim wrote:
About Zenit 408DC:

Sounds very interesting. Bablefish won't translate the page, but I'll keep a watch on it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has no reality ... Russians can't make it...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah; Vapourware. Pity, it sounded ok.

I suppose the days of cheap new Russian cameras are over - they now have to meet pretty much the same production costs as other makers and no longer sell stuff at or below cost to earn dollars to pay their spies in the West. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most important reason why they can't do it what you said, people don't buy they product on same price than their competitor products even in Russia. I know very well this from Hungarian products and if we looking around in simple thing like bubble gums or chocolate a few company took all privilege to make them so Russians has no chance even if they are talented good engineers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well heres what the last few lines say:

"All work on digital phototechnology have been stopped under the decision of Board of directors at November and December sessions of Advice of 2004. In the beginning of 2005 the branch of phototechnology of scientific and technological centre KMZ has been liquidated, and to the middle of year - is closed or reorientated to release of not phototechnology production and all industrial base of a factory (except for release of panoramic chambers)."

"In 2006 - 2007 the question on renewal of work on phototechnologies rose, in the beginning of June, 2007 such decision was accepted, however all still remains uncertain..."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Since December, 2002 in the Scientific and technical center work on creation of blocks of objectives for digital cameras (the block - an objective with drives was conducted: diaphragms, focusings and зумирования) in cooperation with the foreign developers, ended in the beginning of 2004. It has been created two blocks: for matrixes on 3 and 5 Мп. Blocks were exhibited at exhibition Фотокина-2004. On the basis of these components it was planned, with addition of the electronic stuffing received in cooperation, creation of two digital compact chambers. Their last offered names were: "Zenith-603" (603DF) and "Zenith-605" (605DF).

Last project which was developed in branch of phototechnics(phototechnical equipment) of scientific and technological centre till November, 2004, was the digital mirror camera named "ЗЕНИТ-408" (ЗЕНИТ-408DF or 408DC). 12-th lines structurally based(founded,established) on the basis of serial film cameras with шторным a shutter, it(he) should bear(carry) 8 Мп full-size (24x36 mm) a compound matrix of foreign manufacture. Connection of objective M42x1/45,5 allowed to use all weight of carving replaceable optics saved up(saved) by amateur photographers and adaptations for mirror chambers, giving(allowing) it(her) a new life

All works on digital phototechnics(phototechnical equipment) have been stopped under the decision of Board of directors at November and December sessions of Advice(Council) of 2004. In the beginning of 2005 the branch of phototechnics(phototechnical equipment) of scientific and technological centre KMZ has been liquidated, and to the middle of year - is closed or reorientated to release of not phototechnical production and all industrial base of a factory (except for release of panoramic chambers).

In 2006 - 2007 the question on renewal of works on phototechnics(phototechnical equipment) some times rose, in the beginning of June, 2007 such decision was accepted, however all still remains uncertain enough...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxim wrote:
About Zenit 408DC:

At the moment it is released (hopefully Zenit reverses it's decision) It would be a near certain buy at my next trip to Russia.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty doubtful about this project.
If you look at the size of the display, you can see how old this idea already is.

Can you remember the Contax N Digital?

http://www.digital.idv.tw/digital/dc-test/Yashica/ContaxND/intro/index-ND-intro.htm

What a great cam! But it didn't have a chance in the present market. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably agree that the project is halted. Though the slim chance that it isn't is good enough for me.

Think of it though...it would be the only m42 mount digital on the market! There has to be some marketability in that! Although probably not enough.

Maybe the price can be kept fairly low. It doesn't and shouldn't have all the AF stuff put into cameras today. I mean its 1980's (at the latest) tech combined with an 8mp sensor. The most 'high tech' m42 lenses just have electrical contacts for open metering. Maybe lower-cost is another viable selling point.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This camera would stand a fair chance at the Russian domestic market. Especially outside the big cities where there are loads of photographers with limited financial resources but enough old lenses.
I doubt if this camera would make it to the west via regular channells, I'd expect that several big Russian internet shops would stock it.