Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The weather thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice and sunny in New York. Perfect temp too (not too warm)..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's snowing. 200km offshore Bergen, Norway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally! Nice since Monday here. The weekend before we were in the North, nice there as well.
And forecast says it will be nice until next Sunday! Yeah! One week of real spring before the rain comes back.

In the Eastern and Southern parts of Germany it was terrible! Heavy rain with floodings.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot today here. 10 minutes ago was 105F. Breeze from ocean reach up river to here, now only 103F. Humidity unmeasurable. Has been low 20% for week.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

105F in the shade -- that day was HOT. A dry hot wind was blowing hard too. Humidity was in single digits. I watered the veggie starts that morning. That evening they were very thirsty again. I noticed there were very few mosquitoes! Previous evenings there had been clouds of them figuring to eat me. They haven't returned. I'm guessing they didn't survive the heat and rapid drying of habitat. Not that I'm complaining. Laughing

Back to 50F nights, fog/mist mornings, days 85F in the Sun out of the wind, strong wind from over Pacific is chilly 50F Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty fine during the last days. Not too bad actually. They say it will be hot next week.
Hope the thunderstorms will stay away!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Pretty fine during the last days. Not too bad actually. They say it will be hot next week.
Hope the thunderstorms will stay away!

About time, I would say!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally raining, after about 4 weeks of dry season.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather extremes here. Last week saw 9 inches of rain over 4 days. This week temperature has been over 100F for past three days, expected to continue into next week. Meanwhile there is flooding northern part of mid-west and northeast, with record high temperatures getting recorded in the other half of the country. Shocked

Right now is 96F in the shade, still getting hotter, even as strong breezes blow from over cold ocean -- anywhere not getting that cooler air is truly baking...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down here in Houston, TX, which is on the same latitude as Cairo, Egypt, it's predictably hot. 104F as I type this. We're supposed to be entering a cooling trend starting tomorrow. Humidity is 56% right now, which is high for this temperature range. The reduction in temperature over the next few days will probably be accompanied by an increase in humidity, which I can really do without.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too cold for the turn June/July here this year. And too much rain for my taste.
But not too bad. It will be pretty nice in the next days they say: hardly any rain, sunny, a little cloudy, 21 to 25°C.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continued heat wave here, with 100F two days ago, 102F yesterday & 88F all night long. Weather began getting dangerous last night, with hot air from south mixing with cooler ocean air mixing overhead, forming thunderheads, & flowing east. I was surprised last midnight by big raindrops falling from starry sky(!) and sounds of distant thunder. After a week of high temperatures and low humidity, the forest is big tinderbox -- I hope no lightning strike fires! Just yesterday, 19 of the top best most skillful front-line forest fighters, called "hot spotters", were killed in Arizona when wind changed unexpected. Rest in peace.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it has been cloudy. Sunrise here about 9:32 sunset 15:25.

So someone at west coast saw sun today, took a photo of it and send to national television. And they showed it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
So someone at west coast saw sun today, took a photo of it and send to national television. And they showed it.

Congratulations!

Here 60F calm & sunny drought -- no significant rain here since over one year ago Shocked, less than 0.5gpm from spring...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

about 5 degrees C, 15 m/s wind and some light sleet
in the middle of JUNE!

almost impossible to translate but I'll try anyways

"Some seriously shitty weather you have."
TV: "Russian machine attacked Finnish airspace."
[=standard news about every month over Gulf of Finland]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused

hot?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot all day out in the sun, otherwise very pleasant here in the forest, with distant ocean breeze reaches to here with some cool in the daytime, warm air from below rises to here at night. Very Happy August is usually hottest month here...

More concerning is drought.

Weather forecast changed since yesterday!:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

confusing that the hottest color is at the bottom of the chart

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
confusing that the hottest color is at the bottom of the chart

Exclamation well spotted!

Only reason I can think of for upside down gauge is the code that draws the spectrum can draw it only from low to high frequencies.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was confused too. How can an area of the Pacific no further north than Vancouver be at -50°C?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormy weather! Plenty of cold miserable rain and wild wind the last couple of days,I was up early enough to catch the sunrise before the sun disappeared. Taken with the macro tak and K-01

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
I was confused too. How can an area of the Pacific no further north than Vancouver be at -50°C?

infrared (not visible) imagery here...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2:22pm local time, 38C 18%RH, windy

The satellite image shows a huge area of heat in the west half of the country, overlaid with clouds, tropical moisture flowing from the Gulf of Mexico.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Stormy weather! Plenty of cold miserable rain and wild wind the last couple of days,I was up early enough to catch the sunrise before the sun disappeared. Taken with the macro tak and K-01

Fantastic sky! Shocked