Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The weather thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do get some lovely intense skies...I just need to get up early enough to enjoy them. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the last weeks it has (kind of quickly) changed between hot summer (>30° C) and heavy thunderstorms with pouring rain, floods in towns etc.

Sometimes a thunderstorm is somewhat typical for summer here, but this intensity is extraordinary!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, we have had thunder every day for a week now!! 2 big floods in my town with damages (roads/ gardens/ water in houses++)

It`s been the hottest summer that I can remember in Norway with weeks above 30+ during daytime!! Surprised
I love my aircondition these days Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Same here, we have had thunder every day for a week now!! 2 big floods in my town with damages (roads/ gardens/ water in houses++)

It`s been the hottest summer that I can remember in Norway with weeks above 30+ during daytime!! Surprised
I love my aircondition these days Wink

That's amazing Lars, we had similar but the hottest day has been only 29, today it's 25. Where I live we've had one night of thunder
and lightning, but hardly any rain, and it's been almost completely dry for weeks apart from a couple of light showers. Only a few
miles away there has been very heavy rain and floods like Carsten describes. I live on the top of the hills but only 200m high, and it's
amazing what difference that's made.

Mo, we get some amazing sunrises too, but only once in a blue moon and always in January, when the sun rises directly in front of our
window. This was in 1998 I think, on film. I scanned two prints and stitched them.

And this was in 2010. I haven't bothered to clone out the cables this time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful sunrises Peter! Very Happy

I have family in Gloucester, so I`ve been driving "near your doorstep" a few times on the M40 Wink
I usually like to drive the smaller English roads thru small villages on the way. English countryside is very nice!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

I have family in Gloucester, so I`ve been driving "near your doorstep" a few times on the M40 Wink
I usually like to drive the smaller English roads thru small villages on the way. English countryside is very nice!

Wow! I live only about 10 minutes from the M40 at Junction 3 or 4. Next time you're passing you must pop in for a cup of tea! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Nordentro wrote:

Wow! I live only about 10 minutes from the M40 at Junction 3 or 4. Next time you're passing you must pop in for a cup of tea! Very Happy

I will for sure, proper English cup of tea! I like that Very Happy
Thx for the invite Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Eugene,I think you get best view award and no powerlines priceless. Nicely captured Peter,I love the intense colors of a good sunrise or sunset.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have here today the 34th cloudy day ...34 days with no sun , that's unusual here....Didn't happened since 1983 . Yesterday we had snowfall all day long yellow code.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormy grey weather here as well,Panasonic G1 and Konica 100/2.8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stormy here as well. Two inches of rain in the past 24 hours, yet they are saying "the storm" will arrive tonight & go into tomorrow morning. This is due to "pineapple express", aka "river in the sky", stretching from Hawaii to North America.

I'm near Honeydew, left side, down in the middle:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we are 24 hours later. These rainfall totals are additional to amounts shown in previous post(!). This morning at 4AM there was a 42.9m/s wind blast(!).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got three words for you that describe the weather we've had here for days:

Ugly, disgusting, terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-18 C and fog .. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Dec 27 it looks like like this:

This morning it looked like that for a couple of minutes:

Yeah! Finally winter!!

(Photos taken with a Sony Xperia Z cell phone.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks cold Carsten,it is currently 27°C here, blue skies.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
It looks cold Carsten,it is currently 27°C here, blue skies.

It wasn't too bad. Around -2°C, so not really cold.
But today it's grey outside again, with drizzly rain and +3°C. The snow will be gone soon. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooo , we had 15°C on Cristmas and no snow .Don't remember so warm on X-mas day. But yesterday we had 24 h blizzard yellow code , 20-25 cm snow. It stopped in the evening after 24 h but now we have -7° C during the day.Wich is normal here for this time of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
Nooo , we had 15°C on Cristmas and no snow .Don't remember so warm on X-mas day. But yesterday we had 24 h blizzard yellow code , 20-25 cm snow. It stopped in the evening after 24 h but now we have -7° C during the day.Wich is normal here for this time of the year.

do you live somewhere on the high country?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kansalliskala wrote:
Teo wrote:

do you live somewhere on the high country?

Not quite Laughing ....or somehow... northern Romania .We had today - 10°C when I parked the car in the garage , last night we had here -14° This night is announced for our area -18° ,but we have areas in our country with traditionally lower temperatures , in some valleys between the Mountains where last night were -31°C
Nope, was only -16°C

Last edited by Teo on Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me. It is bad.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So called "skull weather" ("pääkallokeli") which means small roads, pavements, paths, steps etc all on ice and raining water on top of them.

First time in two years have to take these out of box.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All grey and wet here again. It's going to be + 10°C on Saturday, so they say. Shocked Mad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

37°C today and only getting hotter,bush fire warnings have been declared across a few states.