Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The weather thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today in London pouring rain 18 RH 95%!! Forecast tomorrow sun 20 RH 46% Confused

I'm freezing!! Four days ago we were baking in 33 sunshine at Mannheim Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE Ireland 36degC Shocked and 58%RH

I must position that outdoor sensor somewhere more sensible - it's wrapped in a plastic bag which has a greenhouse effect on it. The real temp is closer to 21degC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

26C (but it feels a lot more)| about 80% | thunderstorms are expected later today, again!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, we have the same conditions and forecast in Northwestern Washington. 14 degrees and constant fat rain currently. Sunny and warm after today for the rest of week. Excellent plant weather. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75F and 76% humidity

sorry fellas, i dont know C scale Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full week of rain in Washington with more coming. No exaggerating we have had 3 1/2" since last sunday night in Anacortes. Thats twice as much as the historic average for the entire month of June. The forecast for the upper elevations of the cascade and olympic mount ranges is for up to 2 feet of snow. Shocked Mad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was just great!
27C | 50% r.h. | a little wind

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been 22degC and58%RH here today.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here 21.6C and 63% humidity. Weather still uncertain and cloudy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

26C | 69% little cloudy at my swim time but now it's clear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an ugly place!
(envy meter: 568%)
Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with you Orio!

(I am sure if we looked hard enough, we could find something to hate) Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maddog10 wrote:
I am with you Orio!

(I am sure if we looked hard enough, we could find something to hate) Laughing

I agree with you two.

But look, the sea has just the wrong shade of green. Razz Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
What an ugly place!

I cannot explain why but this beach is always full of Italian tourists ( I would say 99%)
At this season it's quite empty but in August you cannot walk there

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would tell me that there is a rumor about beautiful Greek girls at this beach Laughing

Yesterday the rain stopped and we had sun. So what do I do? Go to the garden to work and hurt my back like a dumb. Today it is not good. Cloudy and showers. Perfect day to ice my back Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Orio wrote:
What an ugly place!

I cannot explain why but this beach is always full of Italian tourists ( I would say 99%)

I guess it's a fashion matter. WHen I was in my 20s, the trend amongst youngs was the Baleares (Eivissa, Mallorca, Formentera).
Now, it's the Greek islands (Rhodos, Santorini)
Maybe in next decade it will be Tunisia, who knows.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
poilu wrote:
Orio wrote:
What an ugly place!

I guess it's a fashion matter. WHen I was in my 20s, the trend amongst youngs was the Baleares (Eivissa, Mallorca, Formentera).

I still prefere Greece as it's a place where I find myself like at home (we're so similar to greek people that's sometime embarassing).

Rhodos is in my list for the upcoming holydays, I've already been in Cos and Lipsi 3 years ago. It's also a place where italian are very welcomed because we liberated them from turks in 1912 and old people still talk in italian. In other regions of Greece they (rightly) remember us more for the idiotic attack we made in 1940.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always felt very well everywhere I went, except in Naples.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I always felt very well everywhere I went, except in Naples.

I spent 4 months in Naples and I lived well there. You just have to not look like a tourist Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:

I spent 4 months in Naples and I lived well there. You just have to not look like a tourist Wink

Impossible not to look like a tourist for me, at first glance I don't look like a neapolitan.
And even if they were unsure, a couple words would show I am not one of them.

Anyway this thing of "don't look like a tourist and it's ok" is just literature, the reality is that as soon as they know you're not one of them, they try to cheat on you in any possible way.

I have made any kind of fights with the taxi drivers but even when you are able to agree on a price before the run, afterwards they always want more money. One time in Portici the guy arrived to threat me to make me follow by his "friends" if I didn't pay what he wanted.

Everywhere you have to look for cheats, in restaurants they always complained because I asked the fiscal receipt to get the refund from my company. One time after a long complaint they brought me a paper written by hand with a pencil and pretended that this was the fiscal receipt. At the end I had to leave without the receipt because if I called the police I wouldn't have been able to show there anymore, while I had to pass near there everywhere to go to work. Another time, I asked for the receipt before eating, and they chased me out of the restaurant.

In Portici I had to work for three days in the botanical garden, and to reach the trains station from there I had to walk through a small wood for about one kilometer, that was completely deserted. I was frightened to death to be attacked and killed for my photographic stuff. The guys who worked in the garden told me "pack your stuff in a bag that does not look like a photo bag, and walk as fast as you can". But it was hard to hide a photo tripod.

THen the streets, they are allucinating. Every day I walked out the hotel in the morning (I had to spend a fortune in hotel, to get a safe one with a "cassaforte" (English word?) in the room), there was a newspaper stand and every day, I am not joking, there was the ads of "Il Mattino" that talked about a person killed in the streets the day before. It's not a joke, it was really like that.
Any idea of how it is to go out of the hotel into the streets, and have literally a hundreds of eyes on you, who scan you from head to toes, and look where you go, and never remove the eyes from you?
This is the life in Naples normally if you are not small, with black hairs and olive skin. You are pointed at, with every step you make.
Is that any kind of decent life?

Plus there are the others "normal" problems there, such as:
- I had to give up the idea of going there with a car, after the suggestions of neapolitans who live here. They told me to leave my car here if I wanted not to be sorry later.
- incredibily dirty street, to a point that is not imagineable (and I am not speaking of today's emergency, I am speaking of 4 years ago)
- not understanding a word of what they say
- the very unpleasant feeling that they speak with you in Italian, they they turn head to a friend and speak about you in their incomprehensible language. This happens every time and I can not think of anything that makes you more uncomfortable.
- lots I mean LOTS of noise all night and day, car smoke, etc.
- the city is incredibly ugly. One day I wanted to go down to the sea and have a walk along the sea. I ended up in a harbour where you could not see the sea, and it was populated by the most "jail faces" I ever saw in my whole life. I rapidly turned backwards and prayed inside myself God to please let me walk out of there unharmed.

It is not life, being there. It is a nightmare. Pure and simple.
Laws don't exist and you feel like a mouse in a house full with cats.

"See Naples and then die", they say. Now I know what it means.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
poilu wrote:
Orio wrote:
What an ugly place!

Or the German Baltic Sea, because this is the only place in summer where you do not have 45C. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

Or the German Baltic Sea, because this is the only place in summer where you do not have 45C. Wink

No problem for the average Italian tourist, as long as he can glimpse on topless females Razz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24degC 65%RH.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that the weather is always very similar Dave.
here 25,2C 63% humidity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last Ireland has a Mediterranean climate - and they say global warming is all bad. Smile