Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Show your cheapest film !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Show your cheapest film ! Reply with quote

I begin with what I think should be the cheapest film available in Italy: two rolls of COOP 100 ISO colour negative (24 poses each), for 3,30 Euros the couple. Very Happy

You must know, that COOP is the Cooperative supermarket chain that belongs to the ex-communist party. So this looks like a perfect film for my Kiev-4: a communist film in a communist camera! Laughing

OK, now on with the cheap film parade, the ball is in your field! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha. We had TESCO film , but disappeared...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't show you now, but I had a roll of Konica 100 prints (24) that cost me $.89...all the prints had a beautiful blue cast. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once have bought a huge package of "Jessops Diamond 200". If calculated, each roll did cost me about € 0,35 (!).

Colours are OK, but the film has horrible grain (looks like an ISO800 film).
Well, if you like that... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think more or less everywhere there should be strange film brands, like, supermarket brands, stuff like that... it would be nice to photograph them and publish in this thread... it would become a kind of historical memory in some years from now Smile

So to explain the meaning better... I do not mean "film that you bought cheaply", because that could be good film expired, or good film in a stock, etc... I really mean "cheap film" as in "unlikely" Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use cheap film these days, but have happy memories of ORWOchrome. Does anyone know whether it's still made?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have remembered your idea today, Orio.
And so I looked around in a store today and found this:

4 rolls of ISO200 film with 36 colour negatives each for together € 3.75!!
That was reason enough for me to buy it and try it. Wink

I have also bought two rolls of my favourite film Kodak BW400CN for € 3.25 each which also is a good price, I think.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.5€ for 2 roll at Lidl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following Carsten's tip-off, I've just received 10 rolls of 220 Konica Centuria 400 - including shipping it works out at 10cents/frame Shocked Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a roll developed by Jessops recently as the machine in the usual lab had broken down. They gave me a FREE 36x roll of Kodak Colour Plus 200 with the prints, like in the old days. But the price for developing was more expensive than the usual lab and they won't do develop-only. They charge for printing every shot on the roll when you take the film in, before they know how many shots are worth printing. I bought 2 rolls of reduced-price 12/08 Kodachrome 64 process-paid while I was there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£1 per 36 roll in 'Poundland' at Wigan Market
They also had Kodak Colour Plus 200 asa for the same but only in 24x.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
£1 per 36 roll in 'Poundland' at Wigan Market
They also had Kodak Colour Plus 200 asa for the same but only in 24x.

I have used 4 rolls of the film and have taken a liking to the rich vivid colour tones it has. It is also ideal for knocking down to BW, it always scans well.
The film is just like old Extacolour which I used to like in the 1970's.
I have posted a number of images (Here and there, mostly there!) from those 4 rolls shot on different cameras.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is excellent! glad I bought loads now, still got none of mine developed yet but gives me something to look forward to.Fantastic Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool photos too btw this film and the Zenitar seem to be a good combination very impressive Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
That is excellent! glad I bought loads now, still got none of mine developed yet but gives me something to look forward to.Fantastic Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool photos too btw this film and the Zenitar seem to be a good combination very impressive Very Happy

Pleased you found the photos.
I'm hooked on the 35mm film and Zenitar 16mm combo and that film seems to add extra to the impact of the photos.
I must buy a couple of dozen more rolls and stick them in the fridge.