Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Show off your rare lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

RO4-1M 35mm f/2 for Konvas KS-50b 35mm filmcamera mounted inside a Fed 50 body with m39 mount and 28.8mm focal flange distance.

I am impressed of the quality of those Soviet cine optics. I let go a few exotic Soviet cine lenses many years ago that now someone sells them for very high prices at flea-bay. But I still have a mysterious one in my collection. I can use it on a 3/4 digital camera with a proper adaptor. It is a no name lens, but with very good optic quality.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You show some really rare stuff here. Tood bad I cannot read Chinese..[/quote]

Here is an image of a Dongfeng 120 SLR, a copy of Hassyblad 500C but with a top speed of 1/1000! Only a few dozen such cameras, and even fewer accessary lenses were made. They are not mine. I may have to sell a kidney and an arm for them these days. Wink I heard that , to attain the 1/1000s top speed, they used a special alloy main spring for the build-in shutter of those lenses.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another version of that Shanghai made reduction lens. The previous user told me it is a 1/20x reduction lens. This one was made in 1979.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some rare soviets

Helios-95AT for TV camera

Tiny Industar for tiny things

MTO-1000 for Defense State (ГОЗ) (aerophotography)

OF-233

Vega-25

Something for technical purpose

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a Zeiss lens with a Japanese focusing tube. I know German Zeiss company has Japanese partners for their lenses, but never heard of this one before.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many rare and interesting soviet stuffs. Thanks for sharing. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
Here is a Zeiss lens with a Japanese focusing tube. I know German Zeiss company has Japanese partners for their lenses, but never heard of this one before.

You cannot and will not as both items are completely unrelated to another.
Somebody just combined them Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, as this seems to turn into some sort of competition, let me throw in this one Wink

Only three known to exist (I had two), from the Russian Mission to Mars.

Quartz / Fluorite lens for ultraviolet and visible light

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my collection is rather "far flung".

I own a small share in the truly unique lens shown here mounted on custom camera and special tripod:

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, nice lens!

But I think Visualopsins beat all of us Sad

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Klaus, nice lens!

ONLY full ownership counts Twisted Evil Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
BurstMox wrote:
Klaus, nice lens!

I was only showing...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
BurstMox wrote:
Klaus, nice lens!

Agreed. Or as a Chinese citizen I own a tiny share of this 500 meters radio telescope soon to be finished, if these can be called a lens. Wink At the moment, an American's 300 meters one is still the world's number one.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Klaus, nice lens!

That is the most beautiful one so far. Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An extremely rare Chinese lens went away a moment ago when I was bragging my collection here. Rolling Eyes

A X-ray lens perhaps? This fast F0.82 65mm lens was made in 1984. I never saw it before. It was made by the same factory that made those cine optics.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please remind me to brag about this glorious Yuropean* 34500mm f/0.88 when ESO is done building it (first light expected by 2024).

Last edited by Boris_Akunin on Sun May 15, 2016 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beijing Nr.608 factory made some fine movie lenses. The factory was assisted in the early days by Carl Zeiss Jena of East Germany. One of the zoom lenses cost 35,000 yuan RMB according to the company's price list that was still seen a few years ago. Those projection lenses are much cheaper for a couple of hundred yuan a piece only.

I own a few of the primes of this factory, and some by another well known factory. These are never used.Smile

:

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never ending list of early rare Chinese lenses. This is not mine. A 45mm F1.5 industrial video lens with a resolving power of 600 lp/mm! These must be well kept secrets before. The lens was made in 1976. Those high quality lenses were usually packed in a wooden box. My 16mm F1.6 lens should also have a high resolving power. I heard that some Chinese enlarging lenses are also very good. I will show you some later.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a few of these rarely seen anamorphic projection lenses. These two were made by another factory. These were made in 1974. Some guys converted them to photographic lenses and took nice pictures of very wide angle.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
An extremely rare Chinese lens went away a moment ago when I was bragging my collection here. Rolling Eyes

A X-ray lens perhaps? This fast F0.82 65mm lens was made in 1984. I never saw it before. It was made by the same factory that made those cine optics.

I just saw this lens on the factory's catelogue. It is called an indutrial X-ray lens whatever it is. There is also a 50mm one listed.

Last edited by kievuser on Mon May 16, 2016 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
kievuser wrote:

I just saw this lens on the factory's catelogue. It is an indutrial X-ray lens. There is also a 50mm one listed.

I also found out that a lens in my collection is a special radiation-resistant lens for nuclear industry according to the catelogue. It looks just like a normal 50mm F1.7 lens with a high quality finish. It has a build-in lens hood, and it was made in 1976. It has a M35 screw mount, a very short back focul length of about 20mm, and can be used as a normal lens with a proper adaptor on one of those 3/4 half format digital cameras. .

Last edited by kievuser on Mon May 16, 2016 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our own teacher Mr.Klaus told me many years ago that the UV 60/4 is a rare lens. But I forgot exactly how many pieces were made. However, you hardly saw them offered for sale even in a year's period of time.

The 28mm F1.7 1/10x beside it is another high quality lens for computer chip-making made by the same Fujian factory in 1979. It has a solid quality feel, and is the only lens with 'People's Republic Of China' engraved on the front ring. A fellow collector told me that it has a resolving power of 650lp/mm.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of uncommon, or even rare Carl Zeiss Jena products. The Mikrotar 45/4.5 is a high quality macro lens that even covers medium format. Although it is a 3g/3e simple lens, it makes very sharp images.
The 2x converter is a rare one, that even some knowleadgeable microcope experts were not aware of them. It converts a RMS objective to a M19 one, so a common RMS objective could be used on a special M19 mount microsscope.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw an on-line image of an American version of the missle tracking lens. The happy owner told us it is a 2000mm F8 lens, and it looks about the same size and weight, and even the same design and colour as my Chinese one. These obsolete militray lenses are more often seen in the United States. Unlike me, it looks like he actually used it. Like 1 small