Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Show off your rare lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few Meopta lenses. I don't see the 45/2 Openar lens for Opema rangefinder cameras very often. The other one and those C mount lenses are fairly common.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Meopta lenses for enlargers. The 4.5/35 for half frame negatives is a rare one IMO. I have a Meopta enlarger, and I am very pleased with its quality. Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These were actually produced in Prerov less than 100 km from me, so they are kind of easy to collect here.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

My rarest lens so far was this SOM Berthiot Paris Flor 100mm f3.5 in M42.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made in USA

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Zeiss lens sold for about US$ 450,000.00 recently according to the following report. Does anyne have a link in English?

http://collection.sina.com.cn/hwdt/2016-04-25/doc-ifxrpvea1173846.shtml

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LegacyLensEu wrote:
Hi guys,

My rarest lens so far was this SOM Berthiot Paris Flor 100mm f3.5 in M42.

Thanks for sharing. You have an excellent site for lenses. Congratulations! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikono wrote:
Made in USA

Today I could make the police very nervous if I would carry my photosniper in a busy street in Beijing. Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't see this Soviet 2x teleconverter for rangefinder cameras very often. But I have seen them offered on that flea-bay in recent years occasionaly.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another elusive soviet lenses. It is compact and sharp for a mirror lens.

It is a 3M-7K 5.6/300 lens sold with 4 67x0.75 filters and front and rear caps. On the right, is a Volna-9 50/2.8 macro lens for size comparison.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Very rare f1.8 (!!!) 45mm $$.$$$ quartz fluorite lens, suitable for UV (ultraviolet) light, fastest I ever saw in my life.

Very short BFL (back focal length) of just 7mm (0.28"), made for image intensifier use

Here I have a Chinese one, a F42 F1 lens with a M35 screw mount. It also has a very short BFL of about 7mm! The lens is heavy with lot of brass parts. It has no aperture. The coating colour is blueish, so the lens elements could be of a special material. I will take a picture of the rear side as the lens has a concave rear element. I am not sure if it is an unfinished product.
This is the only example I have seen so far.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting lend this is - show more about is please!!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A high quality lens for Surveillance cameras. I guess it is like those Tevidon lenses used for public security monitoring. It was made in Fujian province, and was listed on the company's product catelogue that explained its applications.Today there are huge amount of such cameras all over China, but with much lower quality lenses.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Very interesting lend this is - show more about is please!!

Here are a couple of quick shots FYI. I know that some movie zoom lenses could easily sell for 5 digits price back then when a worker's monthly salary was only two digits.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
Have you seen a lens with an opaque front lens element? Here is a most mysterious Chinese lens that I have seen over the years. It looks like one of the industrial lenses for computer chip making with a reduction rate of 1/50X. But why it has such an element? For X ray or some invisible light? But it has a letter e on the front ring, so that it was made for E-line reduction use. Could it be that the original lens was transparant, but the material (could be a kind of nature one) deteriorated over the years so it became opaque? It was made in 1973. It has a m40x0.75 thread screw mount. This is the only one I have seen even among the already quite rare Chinese ultra micro lenses.

These industrial lenses has a very high resolving power of a few hundred lp/mm and minimum distortion according to the poster page.

Here is the other lens shown in the poster page. It was mounted inside a big metal tube, and it has a very dark green filter. But I think the filter is made of glass. It is also a primary reduction lens of 1/50x made in a later year of 1980.It has a resolving power of 300 lp/mm.
I am still puzzled with the opaque front lens of the 55mm F3.2 lens. The material is softer than glass. It is like a kind of rocks.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely a built in narrowband (UV-) filter I guess. The lens could be fluorite.
If you send them to me, I can measure their transmission in my special spectrometer
setup to measure lenses. I return it then...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you recognize what is beneath the camera? You guessed it out. Right, it is the lens cap of the missile tracking lens. it is the only lens cap of this size I have evern seen in my life, so it is worth mentioning. Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Most likely a built in narrowband (UV-) filter I guess. The lens could be fluorite.
If you send them to me, I can measure their transmission in my special spectrometer
setup to measure lenses. I return it then...

Many thanks for the hint and offer. My son happens to work in a research institure of Chinese Academy of Science. I may ask him for help.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very unusual high speed f1.4/150mm mirror lens with built in iris (!!!)

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting!
How is the shape of the highlights with this aperture?

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a unique one. Like 1 small Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RO4-1M 35mm f/2 for Konvas KS-50b 35mm filmcamera mounted inside a Fed 50 body with m39 mount and 28.8mm focal flange distance.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can find many rare and exotic lenses on this Seagull facotory's poster. Red Flag 20's, Dong Feng 120 SLR's, etc.

I have a copy of that 500mm F5 mirror lens. I think it is quite rare. The lens is damaged, so I can not tell its performance. I am sure that those civilian products including one 1000mm mirror lens made by Beijing Camera factory were not up to the quality of that military mirror lens. Although Mr. St Denny mentioned its high price in his book IIRC.

The image is old. I can take some new ones if needed.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Interesting!
How is the shape of the highlights with this aperture?

I'll show you when I'm back from vacation in Dordogne Wink

Fully open it looks very similar to this...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
you can find many rare and exotic lenses on this Seagull facotory's poster. Red Flag 20's, Dong Feng 120 SLR's, etc.

I have a copy of that 500mm F5 mirror lens. I think it is quite rare. The lens is damaged, so I can not tell its performance. I am sure that those civilian products including one 1000mm mirror lens made by Beijing Camera factory were not up to the quality of that military mirror lens. Although Mr. St Denny mentioned its high price in his book IIRC.

The image is old. I can take some new ones if needed.

You show some really rare stuff here. Tood bad I cannot read Chinese..