Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Show off your rare lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very rarely seen cine primes made in Nanjing in 1960's in excellent conditions. Like 1 small These are even rarer than Beijing made Changcheng, and Gansu mede 35mm cine primes. They are not mine. They look like Zeiss 1st generation 35mm cine primes. They were expensive then. You can tell this by their well made packing cases.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, they do however remind me of russian glass, the Lomo Lens OKS6-75-1 75mm F2, OKS1-50-6 50mm F2
and OKS8-35-1 35mm F2 for instance, all for KONVAS film camera.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstflex 35 by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Tokinon 2.8/45. Serial numbers indicate production run of about 3000 units. These were the standard lens for the Firstflex 35, an obscure Japanese SLR introduced in 1958 that was produced in small quantities. It uses an Exakta bayonet, but won't mount on an Exakta or my Exakta-Canon adapter due to very minor differences, Exakta lenses however will mount on the Firstflex just fine.

I did find that one of my extension tube set could take the Tokinon so I did make a few tests with it doing close ups.

tokinon 2.8/45 test by Berang Berang, on Flickr

tokinon 2.8/45 boke by Berang Berang, on Flickr

Not too bad for sharpness considering it is either a triplet or a tessar with front element focusing. Sparkly boke' too.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing! Thank you! That is an interesting camera and lens. I never heard of them before. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many rare lenses from China that we have never seen, nor even heard of in the west.
Your collection must be very impressive kievuser - congratulations.
The Tokinon certainly makes good images and is the first that I have seen.
Tom

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A recently appeared rare lens, a 100mm F5.6 UV Chunguang brand lens made in Changchun, Jilin province of China. It is not mine either. Thank You Dog When and how many were made are unclear.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
So many rare lenses from China that we have never seen, nor even heard of in the west.
Your collection must be very impressive kievuser - congratulations.
The Tokinon certainly makes good images and is the first that I have seen.
Tom

Tom, Thanks for the kind words. Welcome Turtle I visited the Science and Technology museum in Moscow in early 1990's when many Soviet era cameras were still displayed. There is no such a similar national meseum in China to my best knowleadge. I don't know if those Soviet era cameras are still displayed today. IMO, no matter what colours of these cameras and lenses are, they are hard evidence of a piece of history, and therefore, should be preserved. I am pleased that there are many private individuals who created their own mini-museums for Chinese cameras and lenses. Those neo-liberalism officials and businessmen are only interested in French wines, Swiss watches, Italian sports cars, etc.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never collected nor used many Russian lens and never used a Chinese lens but I have used a Carl Zeiss Jenna 300mm Olympic Sonnar f4 preset lens in Pentacon Six mount. Loved it but since I already had a red MC 300 f4 lens I sold it off. I regret it to this day.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some that can be found if you really keep looking. The Vivitar Chrome Nose lens.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg, Many thanks for sharing. Like 1 small Thank you! Those chrome-nose Vivitar lenses are amazing. I think they are quite rare as I never saw them before. There was a trend in the 60-70's for chrome-nose lenses, Canon FD, Olympus Zuiko, and a few others. These look more beautiful IMO, but perhaps more costly to build.

I once owned a 300mm F4.5 lens also made by Carl Zeiss Jena, but I forgot its name.I sold it for its weight. I still own many Carl Zeiss Jena optics. I am very pleased with the image quality of Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 65/2.8. It is a relatively uncommon lens among P6 mount optics.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one of the rarely seen aerial photography lenses. There are many types and specifications of this type of lenses. I am hunting the one for a fighter plane, J-7 that is very sharp!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
Big Dawg, Many thanks for sharing. Like 1 small Thank you! Those chrome-nose Vivitar lenses are amazing. I think they are quite rare as I never saw them before. There was a trend in the 60-70's for chrome-nose lenses, Canon FD, Olympus Zuiko, and a few others. These look more beautiful IMO, but perhaps more costly to build.

I once owned a 300mm F4.5 lens also made by Carl Zeiss Jena, but I forgot its name.I sold it for its weight. I still own many Carl Zeiss Jena optics. I am very pleased with the image quality of Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 65/2.8. It is a relatively uncommon lens among P6 mount optics.

I missed my Chrome nose lens after selling them to a Doctor in Indonesia. I recently bought the full set again one at a time from Ebay. Took over a year of constant search to find them. The 135mm and the 200mm hold up well against newer lens optically but they can be fragile and care must be taken handling them.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another rare Vivitar lens and covered here....http://forum.mflenses.com/the-rare-vivitar-250mm-f-4-5-pre-set-lens-t32587.html

Finally determined to be a Norita made lens.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent results! Like 1 I like the images of the two small birds most. Happy Dog I have a hamster now at home,and once I had a white one. I find them smarter than what we thought they were. It was wearing a vintage Chinese mechanical watch of 1970's.Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing!! Did not know they could tell time!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess my rare russian space lens ZIKAR-1 f1.2/100mm fits here...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare or Old Laugh 1

[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly rare, but certainly interesting.
Here is the only zoom lens made for the Mamiya RB67.
Built in leaf shutter like all RB67 lenses.
Since the RB67 has rack and pinion focusing on a bellows, one might wonder about the focusing helicoid on the lens itself.
As well, it has two IR marks on the barrel for each end of the zoom range..
14 elements in 12 groups
At f5.2 it is not super fast, but then again, nothing about the RB67 is super fast Smile
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beauty Tom!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD ZOOM ROKKOR-X 40-80mm F 2.8 from 1976

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta AF 85mm F 1.4 G (D) Limited

Side by side with Minolta AF 85mm F 1.4 (D)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelb wrote:
Minolta MD ZOOM ROKKOR-X 40-80mm F 2.8 from 1976

michelb wrote:
Minolta AF 85mm F 1.4 G (D) Limited

Side by side with Minolta AF 85mm F 1.4 (D)

Can you tell us more about these lenses, please?

Why does the 40-80mm have that unusual build?

And how do the two 85s differ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

More details!
Please? Wink

What was this lens originally used for?
Is it useful for general photography or just science?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

55 wrote:
kds315* wrote:

More details!
Please? Wink

What was this lens originally used for?
Is it useful for general photography or just science?

It often simply helps to use the SEARCH FUNCTION we have here, as we had a discussion about it here after I found it Wink
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=79692