Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Salim1985football - Ebay seller is a cheater avoid.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Salim1985football - Ebay seller is a cheater avoid. Reply with quote

Some time ago I bought a Yashica ML 24mm from seller Salim1985football. When I received the lens I was shocked. It was shipped in a single envelope without any protection whatsoever. Needless to say that they lens arrived battered en unusable. After a lot of hassle I claimed it with Ebay who in their wisdom decided that I should return the lens and after receipt by the seller I would get my money back.
So far so good. I sent the lensback tracked and signed for and delivered proof of that to Ebay. Twice. But apparently the seller refused to confirm receipt so now I have heard that I will not have my money back because my shipping info was assumed to be incorrect. End of story.
So now I have lost the lens, my money plus the additional shippingcost.
They call it buyersprotection but obviously it is just sellersprotection.
Is there anything I still can do, anywhere I can still protest? It is so unfair!
Well sorry for bother you with all this but I just had to get it off my chest.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to read that.

But i believe it is the general risk buying at *bay or at the Internet. Depending on the value you can go to a lawyer but mostly their costs are higher than the price of your lens.

Fortunately I had such a situation only one time several years ago where the description of the cam and the actual one was like black and white. Had also a lot of trouble and as a result the seller got a negative rating.

Today I look only for lenses with cheaper values at *bay. So is there a dead loss it is angry but I have forgotten it at the next morning. Items with a higher value I buy only on a cash basis so that I have at first a look on it.

Maybe not very helpful for you in your actual situation but perhaps helps for the future.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad story, indeed!

If the seller is in the same country: write him that you will be nearby in a week and will be visiting him together with a few friends to get your money back. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Sad story, indeed!

If the seller is in the same country: write him that you will be nearby in a week and will be visiting him together with a few friends to get your money back. Wink

Or include to him this thread and tell him we have bunch of people in every country and we don't like much liars, cheaters and our favorite game is baseball we handle very well baseball bets Wink F* seller! I bought at least 300 lenses from Ebay and I had less than 10 similar case. Hopefully you did pay with Paypal open a case at Paypal resolution center and ask your money back.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, sorry to hear about your issue. I would badger ebay though, as you clearly have proof that it was sent and delivered.

I too wouldn't spend too much on a single item on ebay. I have also had stuff sent through in just an envelope, best being a Praktica camera and five loose lenses in a huge unprotected envelope...all the way from Poland!

Most of the time I've had good service from honest sellers, but there are clearly people who are ignorant of the rules / ignorant of how to send an item safely and some out there who are just plain liars and cheats. My only comfort is that I never spend too much and the amount of good stuff I've bought will always outweigh the bad stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your sympathy. It does help to share your indignation.
I don't think seeking the confrontation with the seller is a good idea. From his emails I got the impression that I rather have to worry that he does not send his friends to my door. Even though is in the UK and I live in The Netherlands.
What does frustrate me endlessly though is the fact that I don't seem to be able to appeal against the decision of the ebay clan.
I sent the package tracked and signed for and sent the documents to them. What else can I do? Of course the seller denies he ever got it. Admitting to receiving the lens would have cost him about 80 euro's. Surely ebay must see this. I would be inclined never to buy thru ebay again, but then I just saw this great lens that seems to be such a bargain...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffie wrote:
Thank you all for your sympathy. It does help to share your indignation.
I don't think seeking the confrontation with the seller is a good idea. From his emails I got the impression that I rather have to worry that he does not send his friends to my door. Even though is in the UK and I live in The Netherlands.
What does frustrate me endlessly though is the fact that I don't seem to be able to appeal against the decision of the ebay clan.
I sent the package tracked and signed for and sent the documents to them. What else can I do? Of course the seller denies he ever got it. Admitting to receiving the lens would have cost him about 80 euro's. Surely ebay must see this. I would be inclined never to buy thru ebay again, but then I just saw this great lens that seems to be such a bargain...

You can ask the parcel company instead of. If you sent it back incl. insurance maybe you have a third partner who can pay.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

either forget it or clam at Paypal , if it went to right address and you have proof evidence. No matter seller take it or refuse it , Paypal protection will works and pay your money back.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did claim it at paypal and they decided to believe the seller rather than all the proof I gave them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffie wrote:
I did claim it at paypal and they decided to believe the seller rather than all the proof I gave them.

No words! Damn it! One dream less...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffie wrote:

Yep, this is much more in line with Paypal's normal behaviour than recent refunds I've been reading about - which did take me by surprise.
Paypal are a shower of shits, most of the time, which is why I resisted dealing through them for years.