Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Production resumed Helios 40-2, Zenitar, TeleZenitar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder at which price they will sell the new Helios 40-2 lens.
At the Photokina fair they said something about 450-500 Euro, when I understand right :-/

But the other lenses they showed where interessting too!
85/1.4 in smaller mount. And a super fast 50mm/1.2 lens. My first feeling about image quality was bad at the fair, compared Minolta Rokkor 58/1.2 to the new lens, but after looking at the images in Lightroom I have to alter this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Good information and I will try Helios 40-2 again.
But I save this information soon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens exists

It is sure not fake

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks beautiful. I just need a place to enter my credit card info Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1264921.html

Here is a topic on 'Market'. If you want to buy new Helios 40-2 lens - check it Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinkerator wrote:

Here is a topic on 'Market'. If you want to buy new Helios 40-2 lens - check it Smile

I already have a copy; I'm not going to be interested in paying $600 for my second one Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But most likely this new copy should have much better coating than the lenses made in the 70s and 80s.
I used to have something like 5 or 6 different Helios-40-2 and Helios-40, and, let's admit it, shooting them
in the sunlight was a real PITA, because the coating was so weak (even in the black ones) that is was
nearly impossible to avoid, if not direct flare, at least internal reflections.

If I had some money to be spent on lenses, I would really consider buying such a new copy of the Helios-40-2
The image rendition of the lens is lovely.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$600 is very disappointing. I'll pass.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinkerator wrote:

I wonder why there's no "MC" letter on the front ring of the lens in that link.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzP8mJKd-MY&feature=colike
(video is not mine)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixland wrote:
Pinkerator wrote:

I wonder why there's no "MC" letter on the front ring of the lens in that link.

And why last two serial numbers are hidden in photo post-production?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad ...Red letter "MC" is a fake.
BIG pic w/crop http://imageshack.us/a/img855/8514/img6792vf.jpg

(Price in a receipt 8041 rub = 199,62euro or 258,80$)

Witnesses say that the lens appear in the store is very small batches of a few in a day.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say the "MC" designation was really exciting. I would have upgraded immediately. From looking at the video the internal sidewalls looks just as light and the coating looks about the same as the old ones. I'll pass as well.

The price is right for non-owners however.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotkino wrote:

This is about the price I'd be willing to pay for one of these. Shame on those who are buying them up and trying to sell for double or almost triple the price.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirrith wrote:
fotkino wrote:

This is about the price I'd be willing to pay for one of these. Shame on those who are buying them up and trying to sell for double or almost triple the price.

Agreed. Reselling an item from here to there and making a profit is fine; I often end up doing that just because I tend only to go for bargains, and a year or two down the line when I let it go, it'll usually go at the market price, hence leading to profit.

But (A) I don't appreciate people who would buy up stuff that is short on supply and high on demand, and (B) especially doing so on boards like this where it's really about sharing of knowledge and information.

I wouldn't mind if a contact that could help out with a group-buy and make 30-40 clams a pop. But 100% markup is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's face it, this is not speculating on bread for the starving. Most people on this board have about 10x the number of lenses anyone can possibly need. There are thousands of quality lenses that can be had for very reasonable prices. To me the quoted $600 for the Helios is laughable, for 200 Euros, yeah, I am interested. However, if there are people that are ready to buy at $600, then the asking price is correct.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way in hell I'm going to pay 100% markup. I can wait.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Let's face it, this is not speculating on bread for the starving. Most people on this board have about 10x the number of lenses anyone can possibly need. There are thousands of quality lenses that can be had for very reasonable prices. To me the quoted $600 for the Helios is laughable, for 200 Euros, yeah, I am interested. However, if there are people that are ready to buy at $600, then the asking price is correct.

..and anyway the lens is probably better than most photographers Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
fermy wrote:

..and anyway the lens is probably better than most photographers Wink

True. But I feel more confident with gears Very Happy

$600 is way to high for my budget for this lens.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:

Sure, the price is *always* right as long as there are buyers. On Ebay, they're still going for $750-$800 Smile

BUT, the main points about this news are that (1) KMZ is producing these lenses again, and (2) they're setting the price a much more decent price point in comparison to the inflated Ebay "going" rate.

If there are people out there who are going to the factory and buying up all the stock to keep the flow of the new batches less than a trickle so that they can continue to resell these at the current inflated prices, then that really defies the reasons why people like me are excited about this new.

Hell, I paid $500 for a moderately beat up 40-2 several months ago (after having stupidly sold a near perfect sample at $350 or thereabouts a few years prior), I'd probaby pay $600 for a LNIB copy. HOWEVER, as I understand that doing so would be feeding and encouraging this kind of act, so I wouldn't purchase it, if only on principle.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 600$ - guys, you could offer cost that you like in private messages.

This is a cost for first months because it's really really hard to buy lenses right now. When enough lenses will be produced - the price will drop and I'll write you a message about it. I just need to know how much people want to have that lens in collection.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there any reviews out yet?

I'm interested in knowing if there are newer coatings, good build quality, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting one, as I found a distant friend who works close to the shop and can buy one for me when they are available (argh if I came up with this a bit quicker I would have got the discount as well...)
But it will take some time till I can get them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all posts by fresh members should be blocked in this topic Wink. The thing is already strange enough.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens looks cool, but for me a part of the appeal of these soviet lenses is not only they are good, but also there is no more soviet union, so there would never be any more true soviet era lenses. Might be a bit silly but that's my opinion.

I'd pay 400-500 for an old one in great shape, but most I'd pay for modern one would be $350. I bet soon they will manufacture a bunch of them and they will be readily available like the zenitars and mirs they currently produce.