Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Production resumed Helios 40-2, Zenitar, TeleZenitar
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Production resumed Helios 40-2, Zenitar, TeleZenitar Reply with quote

Since September 2012 OJSC "Krasnogorsk Plant. SA Zvereva " resumed production of the legendary USSR's lens Helios 40-2 1.5/85 mm, MC TeleZenitar-M 2.8/135 mm, MC APO TeleZenitar-M 4.5/300 mm, FishEye Zenitar 2.8/16 mm (M,K,C,H), MC Mir 20 M 3.5/20 mm, MC Zenitar 2/50 mm Plant again now produces not only military and space optics Laughing
Company store plant opened on 7 September 2012. Today I visited this shop. In honor of the opening of the store until October 8 20% discount. Smile
1. Shop

2. New Helios 40-2 on showcase. As you can see, the price (price for Russia is "Цена" ) is 8041.00 russian rubl ("Руб." on picture).

Lens in Russia is "Объектив", "Гелиос"=Helios
3. MC TeleZenitar 2.8/135 and TeleZenitar 4.5/300

4. Zenitar 2/50 and Mir 20 M 3.5/20


New plant site: http://www.zenit-foto.ru
Google translate: http://translate.google.ru/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zenit-foto.ru&act=url

Shop's prise: http://www.zenit-foto.ru/shops/shop_rozn/catalog.phtml
Google translate: http://translate.google.ru/translate?hl=ru&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zenit-foto.ru%2Fshops%2Fshop_rozn%2Fcatalog.phtml Warning:Rates are quoted in Russian rubles, but the GoogleTranslate translation the Rassian Rubl as a USD, what is wrong!!!

Right now, the plant produces Fisher Zenitar 2.8/16 mm for M42 (MC Zenitar-M 2,8 / 16) lens mount, Pentax K (MC Zenitar-K 2,8/16), Canon EF (MC Zenitar-C 2,8/16), Nikon F (MC Zenitar-H 2,8/16). But only MF Price: 5200-5500 Russian rubles
Since the new 2013 year is scheduled to start production under the Helios 40-2 bayonet mount Canon EF, Pentax K, Nikon F.

Today Russian Rubl rate: 1 $ = 31 rubl
1 = 40 rubl


Unfortunately online store does not send abroad.

If you have any questions - ask me ) I will try to answer Smile


Last edited by Metalluga on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 2 times in total


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting and a hopeful sign for MF lenses in general.

Thats a very good price.
They should sell a lot of copies if they get international distributors.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a new Helios 40-2?

It is exactly the same? The serial number starts with 7?

I mean, even the coating looks the same. I would buy instantly if the new Helios had multi-coated optics.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's great news ! Very Happy


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sorry. I did not mean to be so abrupt. It is fantastic new indeed! I can't wait for the details.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fantastic news indeed.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now it's the same Helios 40-2. My friend bought a '72 lens production - they free warehouse. Lens 2012 production looks and shoots as well.
New products to show an international audience at the show PHOTOKINA 2012 Cologne, Germany. Exposure of OJSC "Krasnogorsk Plant. SA Zvereva " will be in Hall 1.3 at booth C-014. From 18 to 23 September 2012

PS: Prices on photo do not include discounts.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm most interested in the Mir 3.5/20, assuming I've read that correctly.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's MIR 20 3.5/20mm, for 190 Euros.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Yep, that's MIR 20 3.5/20mm, for 190 Euros.


I hope to hell it's decent optically, because I may well forgo my intended Samyang 14mm for that in M42. I need to find some example shots.

Metalluga, You seem to know a fair bit about these. Do You work for, or are associated with the company? How would I go about ordering this in the UK?


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

260 USD dirt cheap , good chance to sell them in larger volume, thank you for good news! Hopefully not Arsat story will repeat again Sad


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewStuff wrote:
fermy wrote:
Yep, that's MIR 20 3.5/20mm, for 190 Euros.


I hope to hell it's decent optically, because I may well forgo my intended Samyang 14mm for that in M42. I need to find some example shots.

Metalluga, You seem to know a fair bit about these. Do You work for, or are associated with the company? How would I go about ordering this in the UK?

No, I am not affiliated with.
Just Russian photo-community, all buzzing about it. So decided to share the good news with foreign photographers
due to the sale, I finally decided to buy fisheye Zenitar and make sure the truth of rumors about Helios 40-2 Smile No wonder I spent 3 hours on the road Very Happy

While the online store sends the lens only to Russia

Shop consultant shared with me the plans of the plant, about that. that if sales go well, their marketing department is considering buying a license for autofocus.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very nice from you many thanks for share this great news here!


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Hopefully not Arsat story will repeat again Sad


What was the Arsat story?


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly never though I'd be looking for a Russian Proxy-buying service... Shocked

But I am now.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Attila wrote:
Hopefully not Arsat story will repeat again Sad


What was the Arsat story?


Short production run, they did restart production made a few cameras and lenses and factory was closed again.
Inner market wasn't enough to keep factory alive export market not existed , people at west buy Russian gears only from flea market for
next to nothing. I did try several Arsat lenses all was good ,but this is not enough if reputation was ruined well in past.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewStuff wrote:
I honestly never though I'd be looking for a Russian Proxy-buying service... Shocked

But I am now.


Usually, there are proxy-buying servis from eBay to Russia, so many people buy Apple...


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think now is a much better time as Manual focus is gaining momentum due to mirrorless and second hand prices for MF lenses have risen.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
I think now is a much better time as Manual focus is gaining momentum due to mirrorless and second hand prices for MF lenses have risen.


I have little hope Sad people are still silly pay 10x more for a Leica than for a same quality Russian lens, plus Samyang is a powerful competitor both in price and IQ.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll decide for sure in the next few days, but if anyone can help me get a Mir 20/3.5, feel free to PM me.

Samyang are really hard to say not to at the moment, the 14mm is astonishingly sharp for the money, and I've not seen anything that would dissuade me from the others given the price/performance ratio. Hopefully the 10mm continues in this fashion.

The news about the new Russian glass is awesome, and I'm really rubbing it into the faces of a few people who told me Manuals would never come back... long gone now AF is here.

They can't seem to grasp that AF is expensive, and does not like harsh environments unless you have *very* deep pockets. Of course, they can't use a manual lens or camera either, so they attack what they don't understand.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewStuff wrote:
I'll decide for sure in the next few days, but if anyone can help me get a Mir 20/3.5, feel free to PM me.

Samyang are really hard to say not to at the moment, the 14mm is astonishingly sharp for the money, and I've not seen anything that would dissuade me from the others given the price/performance ratio. Hopefully the 10mm continues in this fashion.

The news about the new Russian glass is awesome, and I'm really rubbing it into the faces of a few people who told me Manuals would never come back... long gone now AF is here.

They can't seem to grasp that AF is expensive, and does not like harsh environments unless you have *very* deep pockets. Of course, they can't use a manual lens or camera either, so they attack what they don't understand.


Basically, I go to this store for about an hour and on the weekends I can go and buy a lens. Then tomorrow I'll go to the post office and find out the cost of delivery. If you are really interested in this.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am most interested, and that information would be appreciated.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I have little hope Sad people are still silly pay 10x more for a Leica than for a same quality Russian lens, plus Samyang is a powerful competitor both in price and IQ.


Yes, people are silly, but not all of them. Besides, most folks that buy collapsible Elmars or old Summicrons for hundreds of Euros do not look for a photographic tool, they are collectors or simply want to own a legend.

The prices in that shop are competitive both with Samyang and used market, the lenses also have completely different character to Samyang. IMHO if they don't shoot themselves in the foot with greed, lousy QC, or inability to ship, they would sell well.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would buy one helios 40-2 tomorrow, actually.


PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes yes yes! Great news!
Hopefully the price are not much higher in EU again.
For ~8000 rubel I would buy a new Helios 40 without hesitation.