Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Popular Ensign - It works!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Popular Ensign - It works! Reply with quote

Yesterday I cleaned up the Ensign that I'd bought earlier in the week - it just needed a pinhole in the bellows sealing and the lens cleaning - and put a test roll through.
I had some Adox CHS 100 lying around and dev'd it in Diafine. Not easy to scan though! It is the curliest film I've ever used.
The camera works a treat! even the focus scale seems to be in the right place. Fully extended it looks like it will focus very close, so I'm looking forward to trying some macro on a 6x9. Smile
No light leaks and the negs look good filling the width of the 120 film.

A couple of snaps - The first is me with the camera at arms length.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey congrats!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super, those came out great! That's looking like a good lens and excellent camera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good results indeed, well done!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does look very nice !

How do you scan yours ? It looks like you get good results.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratualations, it's nice when these show they can produce a good photo. It seems to be a nice lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks all... Now I know it works I'll try it out in some different situations and see how that lens does. The 'Lukos' pedigree still puzzles me. It maybe that it's a brought in lens, or rebadged surplus... Or even made by Ensign themselves. Anyway it looks promising.

I tend to use a durst colourcopy machine with dslr on it to 'scan' my negs, but these were done on my canon flatbed via vuescan.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice portraits, these folder cameras do not show their age at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we have a pic of the camera please?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good job!!

More portraits please, I like yours posted.

And of the cam too. For pretty pics, pretty cam!!

Rino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Nice pictures especially the 'little angel' lol

How did you fill the pin-hole pray tell? I have a couple of Agfa folders sitting here that could do with some exercise..

Thanks

Doug.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic of the cam as I got it... I did put one in an earlier post but here it is again..

The pinhole was fixed with a mixture of matt black enamel paint - the sort you put on Airfix kits - and a flexible glue that I used to repair my wellies. Mixed together it makes for a strong, flexible and light tight patch.

It's now in my bag with a few more rolls so I should get to try some interesting stuff this week.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly amazing results with such an old camera. It has rail focus, I see...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
... It has rail focus, I see...

Yes! Very Happy I'm going to have to mark some focus points on the bed for those macro shots! I haven't figured out how close I can go yet - have to get the lupe and ground glass out...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing result that can shot just at arms length. congrats