Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Poll: July 2012 day for 1D1R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What day you prefer for the next 1 Day 1 Roll event?
July 7, Saturday
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
July 14, Saturday
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Poll: July 2012 day for 1D1R Reply with quote

What day you prefer for the next 1 Day 1 Roll event?
I set the choice amongst two Saturdays. The June event was set on Sunday but the number of partecipants was much lower than in May when it was Saturday.

Poll ends in two days.

Last edited by Orio on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No preference for me, given the weather this year here both are likely to be rain days, and I agree a Saturday would seem to be best as not many participated in June.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for July 7 (don't want to interfere with Bastille Day festivities).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've voted for July 14. Because I'll be on a photo weekend then anyway and could easily join the game 1D1R.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ask me, I'm still waiting to get my May pics developed! Smile

Orio, I'd really like to join in but your rule about having the pics developed and posted within a week is, to my mind, very restrictive. Is there a good reason why people can't add to the thread at any time afterwards?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

Orio, I'd really like to join in but your rule about having the pics developed and posted within a week is, to my mind, very restrictive.

Question
I never wrote that. Since the beginning, I spoke of 15 days:
http://forum.mflenses.com/1-day-1-roll-event-t49159.html

I think that 15 days are a reasonable time, also for those who do not develop themselves.
But if it's a major problem we can change it.
I would like to avoid that if the time is too delayed, the thing loses interest.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, 15 days, but my feelings are the same. I can see what you mean about interest, but for people for whom getting film developed is difficult, even this is too short. Could we just leave the thread open and allow people to add to it as they are ready?

I was lucky to find a film dev shop not too far from where I am in Aus, but they are very rare here. I don't have a scanner here and I'd have to wait at the shop while they're done, so it makes it a long trip and I might not be able to make it. It may have to wait until I get back to the UK to do my May pics and I didn't take any June pics as I knew I'd miss the deadline.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 days is ample, surely. Even where I live in the middle of nowhere I could get a film developed, there are plenty of mail order places to send one to or I could have the local chemist send it off. More than 15 days really is too much, there's gotta be a line drawn somewhere and I agree with orio that 15 days is reasonable.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
More than 15 days really is too much

OK, count me out then.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Could we just leave the thread open and allow people to add to it as they are ready?

OK, send them when you have them ready.
The others please try to still make them in 15 days, otherwise it never ends.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think there should be a cut-off point when the next challenge starts. For instance, if the July challenge starts on the 14th, then that is when the June one should be closed. That's 5 whole weeks and a bit more, surely enough time for anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so the chosen day is next Saturday, July 7th.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't be able to make it then, sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, tomorrow is the day!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might not make this months, if it's raining all day like it has every day for the last three weeks I'll skip it, it''s not just rain, it's monsoon-like rain and we are having floods all over the place. Worst summer since records began here Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I might not make this months, if it's raining all day like it has every day for the last three weeks I'll skip it, it''s not just rain, it's monsoon-like rain and we are having floods all over the place. Worst summer since records began here Sad

we had heavy rain storm today and I was totally disappointed because it didn't happen tomorrow! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Remember, tomorrow is the day!

Written down!
I missed the previous one, but this time I'll be trying cheap chinese film on the Exakta original camera and the Flektogon 20mm F/4 Wink

Have a funny shooting day tomorrow!

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the day is saturday, july 7, correct? as in today? i may pass on this one. too bleeding hot and too many chores. still ...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy moly , what a damn hot weather ! 37,5 C !!!
still , I've done it ...half MF half AF ( I had two half rolls on two different bodies )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost did it, 24 shots on a 36 roll. I'll finish it tomorrow.
I've changed my mind, finally I took the Yashica FX-7 that I've just fixed and the Yashica ML 50mm 1.9.
Today was the Gay Pride parade, the village was overcrowded. I went out at the afternoon, after cooking for some friends that came to visit us.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have opened the thread for the postings:
http://forum.mflenses.com/time-machine-project-2012-july-7-t51090.html

Unfortunately, I could not take part to this round. It was too hot today to go out for me.
My heart doctor said I better avoid heat peaks.