Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Time Machine Project - 2012 July 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Time Machine Project - 2012 July 7 Reply with quote

Thread dedicated to the "one day, one roll - Time Machine Project, 2012 July 7"
If you have taken part to the event, post here the *link only* to the place where you have published the photos of your roll.

Note: all inappropriate postings will be removed.

FAQ:

Q. Why are we allowed to post the link only?
A. Because if everyone who partecipated would post his 36 pictures here, this thread would become unreadable!

P.S. Do not post questions about the concept of the event here. Please use the following thread for all questions:
http://forum.mflenses.com/1-day-1-roll-event-t49159.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be thick, but do you still want us to pick our three favourite shots and post them here or just the link?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this thread, the link + 3 favourites only.
Reason is obvious, it's enough that only 3 people post their full roll of 36 in one thread, for that thread to have more than 100 images embedded.
You understand that such a thread would become immediately unmanageable.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sure, I understand, was just checking you wanted us to put three here as you only stated about the link.

Pedantic maybe of me to ask but I wanted to be sure Wink

Just scanning the first of three rolls I shot yesterday, very disappointed with the results, it was nice and sunny but the shots look dark and grainy. I hope one of the three rolls is worth posting Sad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay,
I went this afternoon to the lab to pick my 1D1R results.
In the first place was a testbed for the Yashica FX-7 I've just CLA'ed, and also a test of the cheap chinese ISO100 film UNIFilm.
On saturday the 7th I was only able of shooting 24 shots, all of them with the Yashica ML 50mm f/1.9. The remaining are with the Tamron 24mm f/2.5 on the same camera.

You can find the whole roll here:

http://min.us/mi4bbYsoc

And my three favourites:

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots Jes, colours are a little less saturated than some films but I like the look that gives, a sort of vintage feel. The third is my favourite, nice use of dof.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment, Ian Smile

I was just trying that film to see if it was an option, but I'm afraid is not.
Colour shifts, grain and ISO (seems more an ISO200 than an ISO100).

Anyway I'll give it a second try in a different cam.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My three selected from the roll .It was a bloody hell heat , very difficult to shoot not so great subjects
http://forum.mflenses.com/colour-film-gallery-f28.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My roll:

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1245668.html#1245668

Here's my three picks:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo and Ian:

Well done! Smile

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks , Jes ! I like your second pic , very interesting and the colors in the last one . The film begins to become for me very marginal in this hobby . Only one lab is still developing film in my city ,and they don't work very carefully . Since my Minolta Dimage III scanner doesn't have ICE2 technology , it's a PIA to correct the scratches , hairs and other things on the film . I am afraid that's it !
Interesting pics , Ian !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Teo and Jes.

There is only one place where I can get films developed too and it's 25 miles away, so I very rarely shoot colour film, but I do enjoy BW and developing at home, digital BW conversions are often very nice but there's still something about the look of film I love. I might start developing my own colour film sometime.