Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 20mm f2.8 AIS - Nikon FA - Provia 100 - Epson V500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 20mm f2.8 AIS - Nikon FA - Provia 100 - Epson V500 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots as usual!

That's a very cool looking building in #2. What is it? To bad for that fence in front of it Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisherman%27s_Bastion

I can't imagine reason why fence is there...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You live in a truly unique place. I very much enjoy seeing your pictures of Budapest.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

natebarnz wrote:
You live in a truly unique place. I very much enjoy seeing your pictures of Budapest.

Many thanks ! This time I try to make many pictures to test my gears and get more pictures from my city. Light, sky beautiful now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great image quality, Nikkor 20mm looks great on provia.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon and provia, very nice work Attila.

Too bad they put a fence in #2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great weather, great colors!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual great location.

The combo is perfect and scanning process too. Make sence to spend some money for the scanner.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots. I think I have to get me one of those 20mm Nikkors for my collection.

Can you tell me where #3 is located. I stayed in your city for 5 weeks about 3 years ago and did recognize all the other place but with pic 3 there is no bell ringing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IANUS wrote:
Great shots. I think I have to get me one of those 20mm Nikkors for my collection.

Can you tell me where #3 is located. I stayed in your city for 5 weeks about 3 years ago and did recognize all the other place but with pic 3 there is no bell ringing.

Forth of Buda, behind Mathias Church.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, your pictures with the Nikkor 20/2.8 AIS look much better than whatever I photographed with the AF-D version of this lense. I finally sold it and don't look back. Nice pictures with great colours.

Thomas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madamasu wrote:
Attila, your pictures with the Nikkor 20/2.8 AIS look much better than whatever I photographed with the AF-D version of this lense. I finally sold it and don't look back. Nice pictures with great colours.

Thomas

Thank you ! I like too better older series Nikon and I think Provia 100 did help a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the sharpest looking set of 35mm shots from you......I would note the combo down for future reference for shots of buildings i.e. Nikon 20mm + Provia 100 + V500

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
One of the sharpest looking set of 35mm shots from you......I would note the combo down for future reference for shots of buildings i.e. Nikon 20mm + Provia 100 + V500

Yes, this is my opinion too, this is my best combo and I made a very simple trick Wink I did iron strips with heavy books before scan + first time I use tiff for scanning...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
IANUS wrote:

Sorry Attila I miscounted somehow Embarassed .
I really meant the statues of picture five.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]...I did iron strips with heavy books before scan...[\quote]

Is this working for you. I tried something similar with old negatives from my father whithout any noticeable results (O.K. they were rolled up for about 40 years). I would really like to scan some of those but I am struggling to get them into the holder.
Has anyone a hint how to straighten the negatives.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IANUS wrote:
Attila wrote:
IANUS wrote:

Sorry Attila I miscounted somehow Embarassed .
I really meant the statues of picture five.

Np,

http://www.budapestinfo.org/citadel.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="IANUS"]
Quote:
...I did iron strips with heavy books before scan...[\quote]

Is this working for you. I tried something similar with old negatives from my father whithout any noticeable results (O.K. they were rolled up for about 40 years). I would really like to scan some of those but I am struggling to get them into the holder.
Has anyone a hint how to straighten the negatives.

That is hard , perhaps if you put into some kind of liquid what people use at end of development process and left in 24 hrs it will be elastic again and after dry and cuts you can get straight stripes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are magnificant as well ... Must be a great lens to have in possession.

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite nice shots all, Attila! I remember some places in Budapest.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That is hard , perhaps if you put into some kind of liquid what people use at end of development process and left in 24 hrs it will be elastic again and after dry and cuts you can get straight stripes.

I was thinking abput this but I am bit afraid that the negs will get hurt. Some of them are not in the best shape.[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji wrote:
Quite nice shots all, Attila! I remember some places in Budapest.

I remember for your Hero square shoot one of the best what I seen.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IANUS wrote:
Quote:

I was thinking abput this but I am bit afraid that the negs will get hurt. Some of them are not in the best shape.
[/quote]

Try this theory with a less important one or a piece and see.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Orio once mentioned anti-Newton glass as a good way to
flatten the strips.

Regarding the images...WOW! Not only the lens and film did well, but so did
the scanner on 35mm! These are magnificent representations of the
city of Budapest. Well controlled, and beautifully composed, Attila.