Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Takumar collection ( from 15 to 1000mm )
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems indeed well done, but the aperture ring had been forgotten Confused

BTW, between the 5 lenses (Auto Takumar 55/1.8 zebra, Auto Takumar 55/2, Prinz galaxy 135/3.5, Elicar 23/3.5, Hanimex 300/4) I received tonight (I wasnt at home), I have one which achieve an hard-to-do thing : be smallest than the Takumar 135/3.5 : same 46mm filter, but shorter of something like 5-10mm. This is a preset Prinz Galaxy 135/3.5 lens (likely triplet lens), aperture has to be serviced, but it looks like if there are ~18 blades Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post a picture of the Prinz Galaxy; this brand is very common in The Netherlands but I always seem to find the later ones. If all elements are on the front of the barrel then you can be sure it's a triplet indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miscounted : there are 7 reflections, so probably a 4/3 lens design (rear lens is approx at 2cm in the mount). I'll take and post pics tomorrow or monday Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pics :

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought today in a shop : SPF + S-M-C 55/1.8, Stak 24/3.5 Very Happy I'll not keep the lenses (maybe I'll keep the 55 then resell my current copy, as lenses are in near mint condition), but at the moment, I've no more than 85 lenses in my room (including 39 Takumar 24x36 lenses in the collection), and I'll just go to the post office, maybe I'll get my 135/4 6x7 macro Very Happy

I've also received, with a fungused 135/2.5 V2, an AOCO leather case, I'll post a picture, I'm wondering for what lens it is, as it is rather small, maybe for 50/3.5, 58/2.4 or the Takumar 35/4 Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I received my minty Kogaku 58/2.4, complete with caps, and case (very rare for a standard lens, even more for asahiflex lens). The case I got yesterday is also a 58/2.4 case Very Happy I also received the Tamrac Expedition 8x : it perfectly suits the 500/4.5 one the K100D and is a nice piece a bag Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics are taken with the SMC Pentax 50/1.2.

On my desk :

Here are the 55/3.5 (100mm), 400/4 (108mm), 500/4.5 (115mm) :

In the center, the Asahi Kogaku Takumar 50/3.5, similar to the Industar 50/3.5

Bonus, f/1.2 lenses :

BTW, I got the minty 35/4 Takumar Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats with your Takumar!

Say, you appear to be a very rich student! At least you told us that you are a student? Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year I'm at the same time student and employee, if I'm right, it is called a training course in english (etudes par alternance in french). I'm considered as an employee and get a ~1050€ salary per month (without taxes on it, and I pay only 340€/month for my apartment in Clermont Ferrand, I'm working at Michelin), keep the student status and have some time to spend at the university. It really helps me to buy lenses Very Happy No girlfriend at the moment, so almost all my money can be spent in photographic stuff, selling some lenses helps too to get some extra money Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had that sort of internship. I would work nearly 13 hour days teaching and creating a varied curriculum for various history departments/museums around my area here on the east coast of the U.S. (DE and CT) all in the name of 'experience.' "You get experience" essentially means "We're not paying you squat."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am so envious of your collection Sylvain - I've promised to start photographing my AOC gear in the coming weeks, but not sure whether or not I'll go public with it Embarassed

If I may ask an off-topic (Asahi topic) question - is the Color Reflex lens in the photo made by Porst also? I picked up a bargain 1.2/55 recently and it's marked Color Reflex MC Auto. Seems to behave very similarly to my DS-M Tomioka.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As there are some "Porst color reflex" lenses, I would say yes Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Great stuff! Mmm... I cannot win from you I'm afraid, as I'm only the owner of:

. . .

- Asahi-Kogaku Takumar 50mm f/3.5 version I
- Asahi-Kogaku Takumar 50mm f/3.5 version II
- Asahi-Kogaku Takumar 50mm f/3.5 version III

. . .

I'm missing a few more I think, but this should be the list Wink

Spotmatic,

What are the differences in the 3 versions?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I : plate chromed front ring
II : conical chromed front ring
III : conical black front ring
Wink

BTW, I bought this book : http://www.aohc.it/bookse.htm
Now I have to learn italian Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:

ooohhhh, book report please! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only quickly read it,and as it is in Italian, I have to read slowly to understand (Italian and Spanish can be rather easily understood for french people even if we did'nt learn it), but it seems to be very well documented, as a mix of the other Danilo Cecchi's book and the Ultimate Screwmount guide Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

CarbonR wrote:
I've only quickly read it,and as it is in Italian, I have to read slowly to understand (Italian and Spanish can be rather easily understood for french people even if we did'nt learn it), but it seems to be very well documented, as a mix of the other Danilo Cecchi's book and the Ultimate Screwmount guide Wink

If you want, i can translate it for you, just send it to me Wink ...
I think i will pass an order, too ...

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Wink

Thanks. I had thought about this lens in terms of a manual and preset version.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
Hi,

CarbonR wrote:

If you want, i can translate it for you, just send it to me Wink ...
I think i will pass an order, too ...

Cheers

I had it on Ebay Wink (31€ shipped)

Blue wrote:
CarbonR wrote:
Wink

Thanks. I had thought about this lens in terms of a manual and preset version.

I is manual, II & III are preset Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone want a 120/2.8 ? I won an other copy of the lens, near mint too, so I'll have one to sell Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, I won a Takumar 300/4 (4/4 version, preset with 18 blades, more than 1500g) for 70€ shipped from USA Very Happy

And tomorrow I'll get my Takumar 35/4 and a Sigma 200/3.5 macro at the post office Cool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(with my cell phone, to explain the poor quality)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just "ordered" a Takumar 105mm f/2.8 preset version from early sixties!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 packages received this week Very Happy I now have two 400/4 (can we make a stereoscopic camera with them ? Laughing ) I also received a minty S-M-C 17/4 with its case, a 200/4 6x7 (bought for its case and caps, I'll not keep the lens as I have an as new copy), and also a Vivitar 24/2, serial 228XXXXX so I assume it is a Kiron made, probably in 1988 (1978 should be too early for a 24/2) Very Happy