Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Optik Orestor 135mm - incredible
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Meyer Optik Orestor 135mm - incredible Reply with quote

Following on from my first try of the Biotar, I thought I should give my Meyer Optik Orestor a go as well Smile I've always loved the Pentacon preset, but have been caught up in Sonnar madness of late Wink

All I can say is...wow Shocked What a lens this is...smooth bokeh, sharpness and pop...incredible Very Happy These were just shots of friends playing in the park, but I had to share the bokeh Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results! A lot better than what I could ever obtain with my (later) Pentacon version of the lens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results indeed! Can you show a picture from lens too ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shots and should be added to the best of lenses thread for Meyer 135mm.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Excellent shots and should be added to the best of lenses thread for Meyer 135mm.

+1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Attila, the lens is the standard zebra type. I'm very pleased with the contrast this lens gives, although I believe I have a Pentacon version which is even better! Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Excalibur wrote:

+1

+10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Thanks guys! Attila, the lens is the standard zebra type. I'm very pleased with the contrast this lens gives, although I believe I have a Pentacon version which is even better! Shocked

I believe it too Zebra Pentacon is even better, hard to beat it's bokeh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing results. Nothing wrong with this lens Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect lens, ... the first shot already shows everything about it !

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tobbsman wrote:
Perfect lens, ... the first shot already shows everything about it !

+1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lense it is. That first shot is WOW!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY FOCUS BATMAN! POW!

Awesome 1st image, probably one of the sharpest and nicest images i have ever seen. The rest are just plain old Superb abd awesome in comparrison.

What a lens! I have to 30mm Meyer Optik and they are indeed sharp!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff G. I've been caught up in AF stuff, but I'll put this one in the bag this weekend methinks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by a recent ebay listing, these have become popular again.

I'm surprised that the 200mm Pentacon Preset isn't as popular. Mine is better than either of the Meyer/Pentacon 135s I have.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Smile I like the people behind the bicycletire Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. This lens makes things and people pop out - 3D like Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I'm surprised that the 200mm Pentacon Preset isn't as popular. Mine is better than either of the Meyer/Pentacon 135s I have.

I've never been massively impressed by the 200/4 to be honest. Maybe I need to use it more!

The 135/2.8 is such a great lens though, I'd just forgotten to use it for a while! I won't make that mistake again Laughing

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: meyer 135 Reply with quote

simply great shots. Had bought one, but was not aobut to focus infinity.
rgds
Paul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just purchased one of these zebra models. I would be very pleased to have similar results.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, now I fell guilty for neglecting mine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brilliant results!

there's a reason why this lens is called "the bokeh monster"!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to pick one up too. Heard a lot of good things about it (as well as the CZJ, which I bought a day ago as well). Really curious to do a side-by-side comparison.

What's the build like? Plastic? Tried searching all over the internet, but no success. I know there's one widely used lens that has a plastic build, but is an optical superstar. Is this the one? Surprised

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
martinsmith99 wrote:

I've never been massively impressed by the 200/4 to be honest. Maybe I need to use it more!

The 135/2.8 is such a great lens though, I'd just forgotten to use it for a while! I won't make that mistake again Laughing

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone Smile

I was impressed by my 200mm zebra Orestor and wasn't impressed by latest Pentacon 200mm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great examples! I'm after the zebra pre-set version.