Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Martyn's Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Still No News Reply with quote

I have been extremely busy this last fortnight and have not had the opportunity to look at this.

If had the time I would list every single one on ebay, but my arse won't be touching much seating until the end of April. I will be able to list a few in between and I have mentioned those in an earlier post, ones which I will be happy to list (because I have adapters to fit my DSLR) and I would be able to test these prior to listing in an accurate manner.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump-the thread was sinking to the netherworld again:)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my five year old grandson in Great Ormand street hospital with cancer of the bladder, diagnosed this week so not been in the mood for this .

However, I have a plan to sell the whole lot without any more messing about. Will post about this next week some time and wrap this up.

Still no contact from SR Confused

Actually, heres a rough idea of the Ebay ad, chew this over guys I am pissed off with coming up with bright ideas for this

You are bidding for one of eighteen different boxes of ten, manual focus lenses. These lenses are from a large collection of photography equipment that took a lifetime to accumulate. In view of the large number of items and the time involved in cataloguing them individually I have decided to sell them via a pot luck unseen auction. Each box has ten randomly picked lenses chosen blindly after they were individually wrapped. They may be in Mint condition, great condition, good used condition, some may have some fungus and some have caps missing. None of them are in very poor condition and among this lot are lenses worth hundreds of pounds each as you can see from the list.
There are also several cameras, some vintage and all film
Along with ten lenses some boxes will have one of these film cameras in them and others may have Bellows sets, filters and adapters as well as tripods angle finder’s macro tubes multipliers and light meters. All sorts of accessories from a large used collection. Everything from this collection is going into these eighteen mystery boxes. No one knows what is in each box and they are sealed and not labelled so the whole thing is pot luck but I think you would be very unlucky to get a box worth less than £100.00 and may get one worth several hundred
There is no reserve!
The bidding starts at £0.99P

All the proceeds of this mass auction will be going to a CANCER CHARITY as was the last wish of the late Mr Martin Bannister who requested this be arranged by members of the manual focus lens forum of which he was a well liked member.
Every single item will sell and the last wishes of good man will be completed

Good luck with your bids.

I am thinking I may make the funds collected availble to Martyns Widow, if he has one, so that she can decide where the benefit should go. I think Sue Ryder can forget it as far as I'm concearned unless I am legaly obliged to hand them the money.

I can see this achieving well over two grand selling this way plus all the bits and bobs will go as well and no pratting about catalogueing etc.

Thats it, this should happen before the end of the month.

TFFT

Steve.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made an Excel sheet and sorted the lenses by mount, brand and focal length.

Here is a link to download it :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl5tcv8jiruh8ap/Martyns%20lenses.xls

Click on "Télécharger" (download).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a link to the auction ad? Perhaps it should be stuck to the first post?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
I've made an Excel sheet and sorted the lenses by mount, brand and focal length.

Here is a link to download it :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl5tcv8jiruh8ap/Martyns%20lenses.xls

Click on "Télécharger" (download).

That is fantastic olivier, exactly what we wanted Cool

Steve.

Ps there will be links to the sale but no time at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome Steve. Smile
It was not very much.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump-raise thread from sinking again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I (reluctantly - I am well aware of cooks 'n broth....) suggest that there are a (very) few lenses in the list which, for reasons of value and/or specificity, should be sold individually:

#178 LZOZ 1100mm mirror
#6 meyer optik 300mm
#86 helios 85mm f1.5
#168 canon 55mm f1.2
#173 canon reflex 500mm
? the photosniper kit

May I also suggest that the ad says "each package will have a range of lenses in terms of size..." so that its clear one won't be getting a box full only of fifties.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to get this done by the end of the month and including the whole shabang will, in my opinion, give a greater incentive to bidders.

We have the list that Steve produced initially for bidders to read through so they will know what they might get in a box...

Might even ask the winning bids to post what they win on here to see who gets the best stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a good way of getting a tenner a box, to be honest.
I really can't see ebay bidders taking that much of a chance on an unknown box of random stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump-thread sink prevention

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should leave Steve Bychance to follow his own judgement at his own pace. Managing such a large amount of equipment must be a logistial nightmare for anyone who's not geared up to selling for a living. By now, I would have thrown in the towel and deposited everything with a charity and left them to make what they could wherever they thought fit. Being nattered by us 'spectators' must, I fear, start to be irksome.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think Farside put the mockers on my Idea of selling in boxloads and on reflection I think he maybe right.

They are still all boxed up nice and safe (in my garage now) so... I don't know.

Perhaps I should just let Sue Ryder pick em up and leave it at that though I must say they haven't impressed me much so far, still not heard a dicky bird out of them.

I think I will give them a call tomorrow and see why they have not been in contact and what they would like to happen now.

Will post back on that tomorrow

Steve.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, just spoke to Elaine at Sue Ryder, she is going to get her valuation from a local camera chap and phone back on friday next week. I will post that valuation here and give everyone a chance to buy the collection for that amount.

Failing that they will have to collect the lenses and see what they can fetch as and when.

Steve.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoke to Elaine at Sue ryder and she has found a gentleman that is prepared to take on the task of selling the collection for them. He is a disabled camera and lens enthusiast with the time and knowledge to do the job properly and therefore stand to make the best sale values.
I have to wrap and box the collection up for them to be collected by parcelforce and will do this over the weekend.

I will ask that there is a link to any sales so that we can all bid if we wish.

I am very happy with this outcome, it seems ideal, apparantly the man has a lot of time on his hands and is happy to give that time to getting the best for the charity plus I think he will probably enjoy the task.

If you have any thoughts on this please make them known as this will happen next week Smile

TFFT

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is good news.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is an excellent outcome. You've done a fine job and in this way Martyn's wishes will be carried out in a manner that should achieve exactly what he wanted.

I urge everyone to endorse this proposal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great result, a lot of effort and a bit of patience has paid off. Well done. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Steve.
Keep our fingers crossed. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very pleased to hear that this (more than) six month ordeal is finally coming to a close:)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that could work out fine.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anscochrome wrote:
I am very pleased to hear that this (more than) six month ordeal is finally coming to a close:)

Glad you are pleased sunshine, sorry it took so long but this is England, we don't care what it takes Cool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Finally sorted Reply with quote

Bychance, so glad that it is finally sorted. Looking forward to these appearing for sale and well done on your perseverance.

Hopefully international buyers won't be left out in the cold and these will be listed for worldwide buying/shipping (doesn't effect me).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the best way forward.