Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

List of lens diagrams: triplets, planars & hybrid lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This scheme looks a bit weird. It looks like 8/4, but it should be probably 5/4(?)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
This scheme looks a bit weird. It looks like 8/4, but it should be probably 5/4(?)

It's just a weird way to draw an optical scheme. I edited it to highlight the actual glass elements.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to also include fixed-lens cameras, a comparison between the fl Ultron, Solagon, Xenon etc.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, where can I find the Voigtlander 50mm f/2 Septon? (http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Bessa_RF_histo.html)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be nice to see in the list also Olympus Zuiko lenses, and Minolta Manual Focus lenses... here is the source for Minolta's:
www.rokkor-x.narod.ru/user_manuals/rokkors_schems/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my beloved Zuiko 50/1.2 is a 7e/6g double gauss?

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/olympusom1n2/shared/zuiko/htmls/50mm1.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...some Exakta mount lenses schemes (Quinon,Westagon,Westanar,Quinar etc.) can be found in the "Exakta Unlimited" PDF manual here:
www.butkus.org/chinon/exakta/exakta_unlimited/exakta_unlimited.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax Super Takumar 50/1.4 (early version, 8 elements, without thorium glass):

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is an enhanced triplet (added last lens).

The last one is mostly referenced as UNILITE type, a simplified Planar type.

http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Wrayflex.html

The lens design overview is an excellent idea!

Last edited by taunusreiter on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:37 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relayer wrote:
its not UNILITE type. UNILITE have design 1-2 | 1-1, but Fujinon have 1-1 | 2-1

Oh, just the other way around.
We see the same at the Zeiss 100/2.8 Planar (MF; 6x9)

Is that lens good at f/1.6? A speed of f/2 is a bit critical with 5 element lenses, and f/1.6 sounds adventuresome.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lantan wrote:
Pentax Super Takumar 50/1.4 (early version, 8 elements, without thorium glass):

The lens scheme is already present in my current list of hybrid designs, but I just noticed I forgot to publish the last version of it... Thanks anyway Smile

Relayer: My target was to introduce just a few examples for every lens design. Not to include every single lens ever done... but I understand Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taunusreiter wrote:
Is that lens good at f/1.6? A speed of f/2 is a bit critical with 5 element lenses, and f/1.6 sounds adventuresome.

I'd try, but I'm short of money at the moment. One 55/1.6 is available on ebay - and not too expensive:

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relayer: Done

+ added some other designs: fujinon/unar, elmar, orthoscope, tair, hektor, telyt...

list of triplets, v.5:

PDF: high quality / optimized

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all thanks for that imprssive informations collectrion.

I just found a picture, not from me, but from a selling siteof a truncated planar (1.8 50) for rollei. I thought it were relevant to post it there.

The seller argued it has been used in photokina. (but he ask a little bit too much, just for satisfying my curiosity : 300)

I post here this for comparaison, taken from no-X file :

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selenium_27: The lens shown on your picture is the later Glatzels version (front element is convexo-concave). I used the earlier Tronniers version as example (front element concavo-convex). But it's really nice demonstration, thanks Smile

Anyway, I have one correction of a mistake in my list of triplets - related to Meyer Helioplan 40/4.5.

In the beginning of my research I found, that this lens is based on simple triplet. Later, when I bought one, I discovered, that the lens definately consists of 4 elements (not 3), so I pressumed, that the lens is Ernostar design. But now I discovered, that it isn't.

I prepared a drawing to make the difference visible:

The front surface of 2nd element isn't convex, but concave. That means, that the lens isn't typical Ernostar design. Honestly, I have no idea how to clasify it. It is a bit similar to simple 4-element double-gauss lens, but DG lens consists of postive and negative meniscus lenses - these are just simple biconvex and biconcave. On the other hand, now I understand, why Meyer called this design "double-anastigmat". It's a fully symetrical lens...

I'll correct this in the next version of our list.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jupiter 21M - 200mm f4. That design is?
Thanks to all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simplified Sonnar like Sonnars/Jupiters 135/3.5 + 135/4 (1-2 | 1). It's already present in next version I'm preparing Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
Simplified Sonnar like Sonnars/Jupiters 135/3.5 + 135/4 (1-2 | 1). It's already present in next version I'm preparing Smile
Deservedly, the pictures of one and other are so similar
Many Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finaly found exact optical diagram of Primoplan 75/1.9. Maybe somebody sought it too...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
cooltouch wrote:
I suppose I should mention this: I've recently been going through some of my old collections of photo-related publications, and I have some items that members here might find interesting.

I have never seen an optical diagram to Micro Nikkor 105/2.8 (Ai-S). Do you have one? Smile

Sorry I didn't see this question before now. Yes, I have it. The 105mm f/2.8 Ai-S Micro-Nikkor from the 1985 edition of The Eyes of Nikon, p.152:

I just took a quick pic of the lens rather than scanning it. Good enough for this sort of thing, I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Sorry I didn't see this question before now. Yes, I have it. The 105mm f/2.8 Ai-S Micro-Nikkor from the 1985 edition of The Eyes of Nikon, p.152:

I just took a quick pic of the lens rather than scanning it. Good enough for this sort of thing, I guess.

MANY thanks! This is the first optical diagram of this lens I've ever seen anywhere! Do you want to send it to the guy supporting http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/photography.htm ? They don't have this diagram, and I'm pretty sure they'd love to!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, Ai-S Micro Nikkor 105/2.8 is quite similar to the AF version - yet the MF lens is slightly more complex. Also, it strikes me how Nikon used the "Planar + 4-element TC" scheme to build a macro lens that is essentially similar to a 50mm lens used with a focusing teleconverter such as Vivitar 2x Macro Focusing TC.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for a scheme for Prakticar PM 2.8/28mm Pentacon MC lens. Does anybody know where I could find it or maybe somebody even has it...Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the same as Meyer/Pentacon 29/2.8:

http://www.praktica-users.com/lens/mlenses/morp2.8_29.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you No-X! I took it apart and actually found that it slightly differs. For instance I've got only 6 pieces of glass regardless what it says on that site (7 elements and 7 groups).