Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Legendary Helios-40-2 (New 2012 production)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Legendary Helios-40-2 (New 2012 production) Reply with quote

Legendary lens Helios-40-2 (well known for it's bokeh and sharpness) is again for sale!

Old lens review
http://www.mflenses.com/helios-40-2-85mm-f15-m42-mc-lens-review.html

New production made in october 2012. Lenses with numbers 12XXXX.

Package:

Lens
Case
Pack of 3 different filters for that lens
Original box

If you interested to buy one or couple of lenses - write me a letter on email 3.14nkerator@gmail.com

I'll contact you when I'll have new lenses on hands.

PayPal is accepted for payment. Fast shipping with EMS from Moscow.

Last edited by Pinkerator on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Legendary Helios-40-2 (New 2012 production) Reply with quote

Pinkerator wrote:
Legendary lens Helios-40-2 (well known for it's bokeh and sharpness) is again for sale!

New production made in october 2012. Lenses with numbers 12XXXX.

Package:

Lens
Case
Pack of 3 different filters for that lens
Original box

If you interested to buy one or couple of lenses - write me a letter on email 3.14nkerator@gmail.com

I'll contact you when I'll have new lenses on hands.

PayPal is accepted for payment. Fast shipping with EMS from Moscow.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reference as seller ? Price ? Attention to any possible member, even with Paypal payment may you never get any cents back, so be carefull.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Reference as seller ? Price ? Attention to any possible member, even with Paypal payment may you never get any cents back, so be carefull.

I'll ask guys that bought lenses from me to post comments here.

Price is 600$ + shipping.

Shipping cost about 60-100$ because lens weight is more than 1kg.

Thanks for reply with working pictures!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Helios 40-2 Reply with quote

I'm curious as to why it seems there are two different nameplates circulating. The one here shows the "MC" (multi-coated) designation: http://forum.mflenses.com/production-resumed-helios-40-2-zenitar-telezenitar-t52875,start,75.html

Yours does not but appears to be from the same serial batch. Can you comment on this? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios 40-2 Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
I'm curious as to why it seems there are two different nameplates circulating. The one here shows the "MC" (multi-coated) designation: http://forum.mflenses.com/production-resumed-helios-40-2-zenitar-telezenitar-t52875,start,75.html

Yours does not but appears to be from the same serial batch. Can you comment on this? Thanks.

All new Helios 40-2 comes multicoated, but there is no "MC" letters on them. This picture is just a Photoshop fake from Russian photo forum Smile Even if the letters were there - they must be white colored, not red.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the $300 price I read about, that was mentioned from show goers?
They would sell a LOT more at a lower price.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buggz wrote:
What happened to the $300 price I read about, that was mentioned from show goers?.

Also, where's the company web site and product page?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
buggz wrote:
What happened to the $300 price I read about, that was mentioned from show goers?.

Don't sure they'll ever make working web-shop with international support.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer.
I hope they eventually do.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinkerator wrote:
Orio wrote:
buggz wrote:

I didn't mean a web shop, simply a company page with product information.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Pinkerator wrote:
Orio wrote:
buggz wrote:

I didn't mean a web shop, simply a company page with product information.

I only see they have a new page announce the resume production of three lenses(with google translate).
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=zh-TW&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zenit-foto.ru%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D62%26Itemid%3D12&act=url

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any serious and honest company nowadays has a website with contact date and the like.

And at US$ 300,- (which was mentioned at several places) that lens would be a blockbuster!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Any serious and honest company nowadays has a website with contact date and the like.............................

Contact details here:
http://www.zenit-foto.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30&Itemid=38

One might try to establish contact in English, 100% of their site is in Russian though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got one new lens for sale right now! Anyone interested to buy? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not when I can buy a new lens designed for my camera, which outperforms this one for half the price.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Not when I can buy a new lens designed for my camera, which outperforms this one for half the price.

This lens has well-known bokeh and it's really unique. Smile Don't sure it's possible to find such lens but for a half price.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still actual Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say that, but I would never pay US$600,- (plus those high shipping costs) for a lens like this, even if it is new.

Yes, it might generate a very special effect, but exactly this is for me rather an obstacle to pay that much than a convincing feature.

I can understand guys who bought the predecessor for about €120,- which was possible some time ago. This is a price I would also pay for an "effect lens" like the 40-2. And even the US$300,- which were spread in the internet once for the new version make some sense to me.
But US$600,- sounds like an attempt to rip-off us lens fanatics, I'm afraid. Sorry, that's of course just my 2c, no offence meant, but for that money I can find a Leica Summicron-R 2/90 in decent condition (which I always would pefer due to its much bigger versatility.)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinkerator is just making his rounds on the forums and in various flickr groups. He buys what he can at the Zenit shop and marks them up by about 60%. It's capitalism. He's a distributor for a manufacturer (not in any official capacity of course). Can't blame a guy for making money on an otherwise unobtainable product.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Pinkerator is just making his rounds on the forums and in various flickr groups. He buys what he can at the Zenit shop and marks them up by about 60%. It's capitalism. He's a distributor for a manufacturer (not in any official capacity of course). Can't blame a guy for making money on an otherwise unobtainable product.

Well, then he needs to accept free speech, right? And mutual information might stop any kind of overreaching. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
we just received new cargo with Helios 40-2 F1.5 85 mm
sale price 499$ delivered in usa
other plases $525 shipping EMS
Thanks
Mike
www.kievcamera.net

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I've sent you an Email (to your old Email address if it's still working).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased my first M42-EOS adapter from Mike-kievcamera. Years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:

I'm buying lenses directly from shop for about 500$ + 100$ is price for my interest. If that's 60% - yours mathematics is really bad Sad