Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Legendary Helios-40-2 (New 2012 production)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I'm sorry to say that, but I would never pay US$600,- (plus those high shipping costs) for a lens like this, even if it is new.

Sure that's yours choice Smile You free to buy or not to buy things. I already got a couple of guys who bought my lenses and they satisfied - I think that's most important.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinkerator wrote:
themoleman342 wrote:
Pinkerator is just making his rounds on the forums and in various flickr groups. He buys what he can at the Zenit shop and marks them up by about 60%. It's capitalism. He's a distributor for a manufacturer (not in any official capacity of course). Can't blame a guy for making money on an otherwise unobtainable product.

I'm buying lenses directly from shop for about 500$ + 100$ is price for my interest. If that's 60% - yours mathematics is really bad Sad

Hmm, last time you showed us a picture with 12,600RUB. That is ~$400. That is ~$200 profit, which is a 50% markup. Not far off from 60%. Plus, with the lens being available for $100 cheaper than your price, in the USA, you may need to rethink your pricing.

Pinkerator wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:
I'm sorry to say that, but I would never pay US$600,- (plus those high shipping costs) for a lens like this, even if it is new.

Sure that's yours choice Smile You free to buy or not to buy things. I already got a couple of guys who bought my lenses and they satisfied - I think that's most important.

I'm pretty sure you think profit is most important. As mentioned earlier, that is understandable; you want to buy low and sell high, many others do exactly that, and many others would do just that if they could. Just don't try passing it off as your main objective being to satisfy people who want this lens. Your main objective is to make money off this venture.