Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Killing sound...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Killing sound... Reply with quote

Hi,

Probably the most anoying thing on my EOS 350D, appart from that shame viewfinder, is the mirror & shutter release sound.

How can you take candides with that ?

Well, I have a question : how does the 5D sound compares to the 350D one's?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably sounds gorgeous, like a yacht idling....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the sound of the 350D. I can compare the 5D and 400D, and I like the sound of 400D better, because it's much quieter.

Quality wise, I'd say that the 5D resembles the old mechanical film reflex, while the 400D resembles the electric winder film reflex.

Both are most certainly sampled sounds, however.
So they're both fake, to make us "feel at home".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Both are most certainly sampled sounds, however.
So they're both fake, to make us "feel at home".

Are you kidding ? Where is this nasty speaker I will destroy right now Evil or Very Mad
Try them without a lens. It's all mechanical and electrical sound - bad one actually, now that I've heard the K10D one...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the 350D either but I agree with Orio, the 400D sounds respectable. I have a friend with a 300D, as I recall that didn't sound so good.

I don't think it's fake, the shutter is real enough, I think you're just hearing what it's doing. The P&S cameras have fake sounds, but I don't think the SLRs have that sort of thing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I think the sounds of the shutters can be heard on dpreview's reviews.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
Hello,

You are right but you can't make side by side comparison Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
montecarlo wrote:
Hello,

You are right but you can't make side by side comparison ;-)

And, for me, those have all been quite worthless: they sound very little like a camera shutter and very much like a recording of a camera shutter being played over computer speakers, which is a VERY different thing.... less convincing even than the synthetic sound effects in P&S digicam shutters. In addition to the fact, of course, that there is no reference at all for how loud or quiet it is, as that is just a function of where the volume is set on your speakers. I've never been able to distinguish any meaningful difference between one camera sound and another through online recordings, even in cases where I know the actual sounds that are trying to be simulated.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Killing sound... Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
Hi,

Probably the most anoying thing on my EOS 350D, appart from that shame viewfinder, is the mirror & shutter release sound.

Thanks

For me, the "squishhh" sound of the 350D is far nicer than the loud "clack" of the 30D. The 5D is somewhere inbetween.

The 5fps burst sound of the 30D leave people like this: Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Killing sound... Reply with quote

Juanma wrote:
Flor27 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

For me, the "squishhh" sound of the 350D is far nicer than the loud "clack" of the 30D. The 5D is somewhere inbetween.

The 5fps burst sound of the 30D leave people like this: Shocked

The best shutter release sound I've heard on the few dSLR I've tested in real life is the one of K10D. Mostly unearable !

Last edited by Flor27 on Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10D sounds like a barn door being slammed shut by someone driving a truck into it. If only it was a fake sound, I'd disable it.