Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just bought a DP1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also managed to shoot a couple on the Sigma DP2 and the Pentax Kx with a Tokina RMC 25-50mm f/4, the only lens I have with comparable focal length. ISO 50 on the DP2, 200 (the lowest) on the Kx, both on auto wb and spot metering.

The shots are simple, but should be ok to judge dynamic range and colours.

foveon.zip - 55.59MB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

color of the sd14 are far away from the Canon version
I tried to modify the curves of the 5D2 for a foveon look
I could not get the same balance

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few days of use, I'm really really happy about the SD2: except from the missing viewfinder (but I'll probably find a Voigtlander 40mm finder under my Christmas tree), it's everything I ever looked for in a camera. It's tiny, so it fits in my bag without me even noticing and it's always with me; it shoots RAW; it has a really great lens with a moderately fast aperture; its sensor is as large as a DSLR sensor (it's the same one in the Sigma SD14); it has great colours and a type of image quality I absolutely love; it can be handheld at very low shutter speeds. And Sigma Photo Pro, while somewhat basic, works great.

Here are a couple of pictures shot in the last week: the first one in Paris under a snowstorm, the second in my daughter's cramped classroom this mornign with awful lighting (fluorescent+daylight) and absolutely no space to shoot, especially a loud DSLR. Both images processed in SPP and scaled by Smugmug after uploading.

1/13 sec, f/2.8, ISO 50

1/30 sec, f/2.8, ISO 400

Last edited by ludoo on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
Ludo, these images look great!