Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-9 (85/2), review + image
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-9 (85/2), review + image Reply with quote

review:

The Russian clon of CZ Sonnar 85/2 !

Lens soft and it is very good for portraits!

Diaphragm always the round (many-petaled)!

Beautiful drawing and soft plastic bohe!

I used old "white" version ($20):

image:

my full-size photo you can see here:

http://oly43club.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=53

OLYMPUS E-330 + Jupiter-9 (85/2)

all f/2 , resize

f/2.8

f/4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set of portraits!

I love the pose in #6 - wow what a silhouette of perfect physical fitness, it will make most women become green of envy - and the background works great with it

I also love the informality of #4, but I think it would work better in black & white (the colour cast is a bit on the heavy side)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Again, some kind of reconfirmation. You can get a soft focus effect and nice bokeh as long as you keep away any highlight in the ooF area.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this lens very difficult to use on the Oly 300 without focus confirmation. I will try it out again on my new 40D with focus confirm when the weather allows and hope I can do half as well as these shots! Looks like an almost ideal lens for portraits. Good point Carsten and I shall keep that in mind.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great portraits. You really were able to capture some wonderful expressions from your models.

On a little side-note...I'm not quite sure if you should be using those pictures of the lenses themselves. They are from the m42 lens list site and unless you are Denis Oliver (and I will be very embarrassed if you are) or have gotten permission...than it is copyright infringement. It just might become an issue for the administrators of different sites and I would hate to see that happen.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, I must give mine a proper try, I've only taken a couple of shots with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for nice samples at f2
I didn't use mine to much and I have to check it again
At f2 I had flare in a restaurant but at f5.6 it really shine
have to try it more on my wife Mr. Green ( it is the reason I buy this jup)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:

I'm loving mine - both the lens and the lady Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some cracking pics and some lovely models. The focus is a bit front-ish on the first brunette's head shot, giving a sharp tip of the nose and slightly oof eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy to see those photos here, because it shows how usable my favourite lens is for portraits. They are fantastic, thanks for sharing.

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Nice set of portraits!

I love the pose in #6 - wow what a silhouette of perfect physical fitness, it will make most women become green of envy - and the background works great with it

I also love the informality of #4, but I think it would work better in black & white (the colour cast is a bit on the heavy side)

Thanks )

It agree About BW #4, but here I show photo "As shot", only resize!

LucisPictor wrote:
Nice set of portraits!

Again, some kind of reconfirmation. You can get a soft focus effect and nice bokeh as long as you keep away any highlight in the ooF area.

Thanks )

patrickh wrote:
Nice set of portraits!
I found this lens very difficult to use on the Oly 300 without focus confirmation. I will try it out again on my new 40D with focus confirm when the weather allows and hope I can do half as well as these shots! Looks like an almost ideal lens for portraits. Good point Carsten and I shall keep that in mind.

Now I Always make photo with a dandelion (AF/IS emulator for OLYMPUS)!

AF-confirm with manual lens Works very precisely.

read more: http://oly43club.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=229

themoleman342 wrote:
great portraits. You really were able to capture some wonderful expressions from your models.

Thanks )

Richard_D wrote:

Thanks )

My opinion "black" versions worse than old "white" Wink

Farside wrote:
Some cracking pics and some lovely models. The focus is a bit front-ish on the first brunette's head shot, giving a sharp tip of the nose and slightly oof eyes.

Thanks!

However focus gradient junctions...

Borges wrote:
I'm very happy to see those photos here, because it shows how usable my favourite lens is for portraits. They are fantastic, thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

I want to buy CZ Sonnar 85/2 ($100), it more sharp than Jupiter-9, but I love my soft Jupiter-9 Wink

f/2